• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weakest division(s) in the AFC?

What is the weakest division in the AFC Conference?

• AFC EAST

• AFC SOUTH

• AFC WEST

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets-Try-Compassion-Instead.jpg

Talk to your boy Tgann...You and I had moved on from the conversation. He is the one that decided to make the big fuss about it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to your boy Tgann...You and I had moved on from the conversation. He is the one that decided to make the big fuss about it.

He made a fuss over you calling the Ravens' lucky against the Broncos in response to what you perceived to be me calling the Patriots lucky (which I wasn't). What a tangled web you wove :suds:

BTW...he makes a good point about Holliday's returns.

BBTW...Flacco completely outplayed Manning.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are going to do some of that then what about the Ravens against the Broncos in 2012 when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. They should never have won that game. It took a hail mary play to make that run possible. The Ravens have had just as much luck go there way as against it.
The Ravens were top 5 and may have been #1 in special teams that year bc hats Harbsughs specialty and focus. For them to give up 1 return TD much less 2 return TDs is an anomaly. Without that the game isn't even remotely close coupled with Mannings terrible play in that game the Broncos were lucky to be there at he end even for a chance.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a fuss over you calling the Ravens' lucky against the Broncos in response to what you perceived to be me calling the Patriots lucky (which I wasn't). What a tangled web you wove :suds:

BTW...he makes a good point about Holliday's returns.

BBTW...Flacco completely outplayed Manning.

^Bingo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens were top 5 and may have been #1 in special teams that year bc hats Harbsughs specialty and focus. For them to give up 1 return TD much less 2 return TDs is an anomaly. Without that the game isn't even remotely close coupled with Mannings terrible play in that game the Broncos were lucky to be there at he end even for a chance.

I guess let's just ignore that the Broncos were the best deep ball defense in the NFL. Only two plays the entire season over 40 yards and all of a sudden you guys have 2 that go for touchdowns. Again both teams had some luck is all I'm saying. Either team could have come out of that one.

And Money I never once said that Flacco didn't outplay Manning. I would say though without those two long bombs Manning definitely makes a case for having played better (game wouldn't have gone into overtime so Manning finishes with 3 touchdowns to 1 interception and quite a few more yards). Anyway like I said we could go back and forth on that game. There were a lot of things that happened in that one to make it a very strange game indeed.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess let's just ignore that the Broncos were the best deep ball defense in the NFL. Only two plays the entire season over 40 yards and all of a sudden you guys have 2 that go for touchdowns. Again both teams had some luck is all I'm saying. Either team could have come out of that one.

And Money I never once said that Flacco didn't outplay Manning. I would say though without those two long bombs Manning definitely makes a case for having played better (game wouldn't have gone into overtime so Manning finishes with 3 touchdowns to 1 interception and quite a few more yards). Anyway like I said we could go back and forth on that game. There were a lot of things that happened in that one to make it a very strange game indeed.
Agreed

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for the AFC West.

The Broncos will have it easy again this year. The Chargers don't have much of a pass rush & their secondary needs work.

KC is really the only interesting team to me in this division. They can really get after the QB. Which could turn this division into utter garbage if they injure Manning.

The Raiders are the Raiders. I'm trying to figure out what all the hype about Carr is about? I just don't see it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for the AFC West.

The Broncos will have it easy again this year. The Chargers don't have much of a pass rush & their secondary needs work.

KC is really the only interesting team to me in this division. They can really get after the QB. Which could turn this division into utter garbage if they injure Manning.

The Raiders are the Raiders. I'm trying to figure out what all the hype about Carr is about? I just don't see it.

I actually have the Chargers making the playoffs this year. I think OL wise they are the best in the AFC West and will be able to cover up some of their defensive issues by just running the football and shortening a lot of games. McCoy seems to be a big fan of this style and with the addition of Franklin and Gordon should have a good chance to do just that.

The Chiefs I see struggling mostly because they still have no OL. They let their best OL player walk in FA and did very little to replace him or any of the others. I still think Smith will have 0 time to throw and with Maclin he is at his best when going deep so it eliminates the best part of his game. Defensively they should be strong so that will keep them in most games but I just think offensively they will be lucky to be middle of the pack.

Oakland like you said is still Oakland and I am with you on Carr. This past year he showed he could throw a football 5 yards and that is about it. Yes he didn't really have any weapons and was a rookie so give him somewhat a pass but some might be interested to know that JaMarcus Russell in his first full year starting put up better numbers than Carr did in his.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have the Chargers making the playoffs this year. I think OL wise they are the best in the AFC West and will be able to cover up some of their defensive issues by just running the football and shortening a lot of games. McCoy seems to be a big fan of this style and with the addition of Franklin and Gordon should have a good chance to do just that.

The Chiefs I see struggling mostly because they still have no OL. They let their best OL player walk in FA and did very little to replace him or any of the others. I still think Smith will have 0 time to throw and with Maclin he is at his best when going deep so it eliminates the best part of his game. Defensively they should be strong so that will keep them in most games but I just think offensively they will be lucky to be middle of the pack.

Oakland like you said is still Oakland and I am with you on Carr. This past year he showed he could throw a football 5 yards and that is about it. Yes he didn't really have any weapons and was a rookie so give him somewhat a pass but some might be interested to know that JaMarcus Russell in his first full year starting put up better numbers than Carr did in his.

The Chargers will be fine against the run, but other teams really shouldn't even bother. Just throw the ball every down & their chances of winning increase big time. Their running game better be good because they failed yet again to get Rivers any significant help at WR.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your kidding right?

What most forget is that without Trindon Holliday's 2 TD returns one on a punt and one on a kick return Denvr is never in the game. Then Peyton throws pick 6 to Corey Graham which was huge.

The Ravens should have won by more imo but poor special teams lay kept Denver in it bc Peyton did nothing.
There are three parts to the game. Special Teams is one very important part. Many take it for granted until they win or lose a game for you.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three parts to the game. Special Teams is one very important part. Many take it for granted until they win or lose a game for you.
Bad ST play is a killer.... Plain and simple seen many game the ST won the game and ur right people rarely give it its due.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right - strength of schedule. I did this two ways, and I'll share both.

I used only 2014 schedule. When winning a game, instead of getting a 1 in the win column I only added as much as the winning percentage of the losing team (i.e., beating NE got you .75 wins). Same with losing a game, except it's the losing percentage of the winning team (i.e., losing to Jacksonville got you .875 loses). To account for home field advantage, a loss at home was multiplied by 1.5 (i.e. losing to Jacksonville at home gave you 1.3125 loses) and wins on the road were also multiplied by 1.5 (i.e., beating Seattle at in Seattle gave you 1.25 wins). I did not include playoffs this time.

Alright - As point shares (win points - lose points):

New England 5.250
Denver 5.125
Indianapolis 3.188
Cincinnati 2.875
Pittsburgh 2.531
Baltimore 1.953
Buffalo 1.688
San Diego 1.661
Kansas City 1.438
Houston 0.109
Miami -0.185
Cleveland -1.500
New York -4.219
Oakland -5.031
Jacksonville -5.688
Tennessee -7.563

Total Division:
AFCN 5.859
AFCW 3.192
AFCE 2.534
AFCS -9.953

Division - Winner

AFCN 2.984
AFCE -2.716
AFCW -3.493
AFCS -13.141

Pittsburgh and Kansas City were both hurt losing to 2-14 teams at home (Pittsburgh would have been ahead of Indy and KC ahead of Cincy). Baltimore only lost to teams with winning records - but that also mean they won 8 of their 10 wins against weaker opponents and that hurt them in the overall score.

Winning Percentage (win points / (win points + lose points))

Denver - .818
New England - .794
Indianapolis - .738
Cincinnati - .679
Baltimore - .637
Pittsburgh - .627
San Diego - .611
Buffalo - .593
Kansas City - .578
Miami - .488
Cleveland - .404
New York - .231
Oakland - .196
Jacksonville - .124
Tennessee - .107

Total Division:
AFCN .589
AFCW .548
AFCE .538
AFCS .335

Division - Winner

AFCN .560
AFCW .461
AFCE .445
AFCS .219

What all this really says is, that last year, the AFC North was the best AFC division, but by best, that means they fielded the 4th 5th and 6th best teams and Cleveland wasn't so horrible to drag the rest down.

That's a lot to ponder while waiting for an airplane with bloodshot eyes.
I'll do it my way, same year - 2014
Division that Superbowl Champions come out of - AFC East.
This is much simpler and shitstistics always lie.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot to ponder while waiting for an airplane with bloodshot eyes.
I'll do it my way, same year - 2014
Division that Superbowl Champions come out of - AFC East.
This is much simpler and shitstistics always lie.

You make it anywhere near Ft. Bragg/Fayetteville, a couple of drinks on me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it anywhere near Ft. Bragg/Fayetteville, a couple of drinks on me.

I'm waiting for a flight to Dulles. Then a 16 fucking hour flight to Tokyo. Only 36 more hours of this shit till I get home. I ought to be in a really nice mood by the time I get there.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time, it's a small price to pay back to those that look out for the rest of us, and the whole Patriots fan thing.

It would be great to get together with some of our SportsHoopla friends - even a drink with the enemy.
I'd like to offer tgann a virgin mary.....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to get together with some of our SportsHoopla friends - even a drink with the enemy.

In the old MSN chat room days there were a bunch of NFL posters that would meet once a year in Vegas. I was able to make it one time. There were fans of just about every team. Great time, I still chat with a few of them, in fact going to see a few of the Dallas ones this fall when the Pats travel to play the Cowboys.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would probably be the kid at the high school kegger that pretends to be drunk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the old MSN chat room days there were a bunch of NFL posters that would meet once a year in Vegas. I was able to make it one time. There were fans of just about every team. Great time, I still chat with a few of them, in fact going to see a few of the Dallas ones this fall when the Pats travel to play the Cowboys.

I'd love to get to that one but I won't get back until November.....