• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weak Schedule

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants 4-2
Browns 3-3
Steelers 4-2
Ravens 4-1
Redskins 3-3

That's it. The other 5 games are against door-mats (NFC-W).

Even if we split our remaining games, we are 10-6. Looking at the teams listed above, I actually expect us to go 7-3 the rest of the way (4-1 against the NFCW; 3-2 against the rest) for a 12-4 record. That should get us a bye and the #2 seed in the NFC.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the saints schedule I would say 12-4 is a pretty good bet. So in that scenario it would come down to division record which would bode pretty well for us.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the saints schedule I would say 12-4 is a pretty good bet. So in that scenario it would come down to division record which would bode pretty well for us.

Since the Niners and Saints are in different divisions, doesn't that mean that the tie breaker will be record vs common opponents?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets just keep winning and then see what happens? cause weak schedule not withstanding, we haven't won those games. if we hope to get the #2 seed and a bye, we're not even halfway there.

btw - now fans have much higher expectations, not only raising our team but downgrading others? so when we do lose, this board will go nuts.....cause there's nothing like a loss to spark activity. :-)

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Niners and Saints are in different divisions, doesn't that mean that the tie breaker will be record vs common opponents?

I read into it closer. Its actually record within conference at number two tie breaker with teams in differant divisions.
NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures
If I am reading it right for home field anyway between division titleists apply wild card tie breaking procedure. If no head to head the record within conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does NO have 2 losses in these games...

Atl (x2)
TB
Det
NYG
Ten
Min
Car
StL

I think they have AT LEAST 2 losses there. Atl should be a split, then a split between TB and Det and 1 loss against NY, Ten or Min. They should beat Car and StL. That is only 1 semi-stretch for a loss for them.

Even if they don't get the semi-stretch loss (NY, Ten, Min), and they split against Det/TB, we have the same opp tie-breaker (depending on how we do against NY and StL).

Still early to book any travel plans (or non-travel plans, as the case may be), but things are not looking bad.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets just keep winning and then see what happens? cause weak schedule not withstanding, we haven't won those games. if we hope to get the #2 seed and a bye, we're not even halfway there.

btw - now fans have much higher expectations, not only raising our team but downgrading others? so when we do lose, this board will go nuts.....cause there's nothing like a loss to spark activity. :-)

Agreed & Repped...

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't wait for the Thanksgiving game against you guys. Anyone headed out to Bmore for it?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the Thanksgiving game against you guys. Anyone headed out to Bmore for it?

Our AFC schedule this year is tough. The North is beyond respectable, top-to-bottom.

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our AFC schedule this year is tough. The North is beyond respectable, top-to-bottom.

Yeah, Cincy has really stepped them game up better then I thought and made the division stronger.

We've also gotten lucky that this year we drew the NFCW which outside you guys is really suffering and the AFCS which w/out Peyton Manning doesn't have an elite team.

Seems like the 9ers have found ways to win though this year and that makes you dangerous in close games.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have AT LEAST 2 losses there. Atl should be a split, then a split between TB and Det and 1 loss against NY, Ten or Min. They should beat Car and StL. That is only 1 semi-stretch for a loss for them.

I agree, the ATL s/b a split, Det I would go for a loss with a win vs TB, and def the NYG can beat them....

so that's 3 more Ls, to an 11-5 record.... that i hope...

now we need to do our end of the deal and win out as much as possible.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitt not being as strong as I had anticipated before the season, if we can beat Baltimore... we could actually sweep the AFC North this year and how many teams can say that?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cincy has really stepped them game up better then I thought and made the division stronger.

We've also gotten lucky that this year we drew the NFCW which outside you guys is really suffering and the AFCS which w/out Peyton Manning doesn't have an elite team.

Seems like the 9ers have found ways to win though this year and that makes you dangerous in close games.

I believe a split will happen with Pitt & Balt, if we had to lose, I would rather be Baltimore since I feel Pitt is much more beatable than Baltimore (for now)...

But yeah Cincy stepping up huge and rocking from I last heard a #1 defense??? that's impressive.... with cleveland at .500(for now) there's no losing record in that division.

RnO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe a split will happen with Pitt & Balt, if we had to lose, I would rather be Baltimore since I feel Pitt is much more beatable than Baltimore (for now)...

But yeah Cincy stepping up huge and rocking from I last heard a #1 defense??? that's impressive.... with cleveland at .500(for now) there's no losing record in that division.

Surprisingly enough, depending on which stats you use the AFCN currently has the NFL's Top 4 defenses (Cincy, Baltimore, Pitt, Cleveland).

Both matchups I think will be tough but I must say I'm glad to see Thanksgiving will be a good matchup. My dad and I each own a Seasn Ticket so I'll be taking my wife to the game. Was afraid it wouldn't be competitive.

9ers used to be my favorite team growing up until Baltimore got the Ravens (of course who didn't love offenses ran by Steve Young and Joe Montana).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt not being as strong as I had anticipated before the season, if we can beat Baltimore... we could actually sweep the AFC North this year and how many teams can say that?

That is a TALL order, though. We have to go TO Baltimore for that game. I will be rooting for the Niners, of course, but not sure I can even entertain the idea of expecting a win there.

If we can go 3-1 against the AFCN, though, that would be HUGE!!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins just got a little easier, they lost Hightower for the rest of the year and Moss for 5-7 weeks.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ha ha! This one cracked me up. Made my day.