• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We now know why the Patriots fumble much less than the rest of the league

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Rodgers prefers a ball that has more PSI doesn't mean that he gets to play with them that way.

And, I do agree that the fumble analysis is silly. There is always a way to lie with statistics which is why I do not base greatness off of player stats.

Better ball security is the single greatest advantage of a deflated ball.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with that but, there are too many intangibles to use to come to the conclusion that that was the only thing contributing to less fumbles. Players could run out of bounds more often is just one example. Muffed kicks/punts. Quarterbacks getting sacked less or, going down under their own power when they know that the pass rush is unavoidable. You also had that RB, I think it was BJGE, who had an outstanding run without ever fumbling. People do have those types spans from time to time, just look at Flacco in the play-offs two seasons ago. It isn't that Joe is not capable of those types of runs, it's just that they're rare. Any QB in the league could have that type of run, they're all the best in the world at what they do.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and the greatest disadvantage is that the football does not travel as fast. First half against the Colts Brady had a bad pick and went to the locker room up 17-7 and was something like 11-23 passing with an underinflated ball. Second half no picks, no fumbles and a 28-0 pasting with a properly inflated ball. Keeping in mind how bad the weather was do you really think it matters what they use? I hope all the balls from now on are properly inflated. Maybe Brady will have less picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the greatest disadvantage is that the football does not travel as fast. First half against the Colts Brady had a bad pick and went to the locker room up 17-7 and was something like 11-23 passing with an underinflated ball. Second half no picks, no fumbles and a 28-0 pasting with a properly inflated ball. Keeping in mind how bad the weather was do you really think it matters what they use? I hope all the balls from now on are properly inflated. Maybe Brady will have less picks.

One half of football does not show that it is a huge disadvantage either. I mean look at Brady in cold weather games. He has put up if I remember right better numbers in cold weather games than he sometimes does in just regular games. A deflated ball could be why that happens. Yes it doesn't travel as far but Brady doesn't throw deep very often and when he does he is one of the worst in the NFL at it if I remember right so again not definitive evidence but enough to make a person go hmmm.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that but, there are too many intangibles to use to come to the conclusion that that was the only thing contributing to less fumbles. Players could run out of bounds more often is just one example. Muffed kicks/punts. Quarterbacks getting sacked less or, going down under their own power when they know that the pass rush is unavoidable. You also had that RB, I think it was BJGE, who had an outstanding run without ever fumbling. People do have those types spans from time to time, just look at Flacco in the play-offs two seasons ago. It isn't that Joe is not capable of those types of runs, it's just that they're rare. Any QB in the league could have that type of run, they're all the best in the world at what they do.

A. We are talking about one team being far and away better than every other team. Nobody likes fumbling. No other team has found the secret ingredient to not fumbling?

B. At what point is a "run" not considered a "run" anymore? We are talking about since 2007 and a whole gaggle of different RBs within that time frame.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all the balls from now on are properly inflated.

You are not alone. I don't think it's too much to ask that the rule book simply be followed. This goes for every single team and every single player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. We are talking about one team being far and away better than every other team. Nobody likes fumbling. No other team has found the secret ingredient to not fumbling?

B. At what point is a "run" not considered a "run" anymore? We are talking about since 2007 and a whole gaggle of different RBs within that time frame.

I would throw in BJGE or whatever his name is as soon as he left the Patriots became a fumbling machine. So again not definitive evidence that they were doing something like deflating footballs but just more to add to the suspicion.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pat fans going full meltdown on every thread.

blahahahahaha

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is desirable, but no one can say how much real world impact it would have on any given game. Certainly above zero, but how much?

maybe the same that an ounce in bat weight makes for a professional hitter in the MLB?

wonder what Edgar would say to that.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except the Pats were not "far and away better" at avoiding fumbles. The original article misrepresented and distorted the statistics, as the rebuttal article clearly showed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the Pats were not "far and away better" at avoiding fumbles. The original article misrepresented and distorted the statistics, as the rebuttal article clearly showed.

So cannot the 2nd article have been made to do the same thing? I mean reading through it they kept wanting to have to define the parameters that should matter but it is what mattered to them not to others. They also eliminated any set of fumbles that went against the Patriots. They put limits on what was allowed to count as "real fumbles that matter to the situation." When you have to start justifying every little thing to make sure it says what you want it to say I would say they manipulated the stats just as much.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a goal in mind and then work your way back through the data to prove it, it's generally bogus. Of course it happens ALL THE TIME.

All the ball deflation theories are in that pile as well.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not alone. I don't think it's too much to ask that the rule book simply be followed. This goes for every single team and every single player.

coming from a fan of a team that was in the top four of the mosted fined in the NLF this season.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Cheatriots have no rewritten the book on cheating.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Cheatriots have no rewritten the book on cheating.

Worst troll ever give Rams, Broncos , Giants and rest of your bandwagon teams a bad name and shame

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone know Goodell and Kraft are Frat Borthers. Everyone knows that Goodell destroyed all the Camgate evidence to protect the Cheatriots. And everyone knows that NOTHING is going to come from Deflategate. Roger will, once again, protect his butt buddy, Robert.

NUFF SAID....

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst troll ever give Rams, Broncos , Giants and rest of your bandwagon teams a bad name and shame

Interpreted: "Don't talk about the Patriots.".....ugghhhh....I mean Cheatriots.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone know Goodell and Kraft are Frat Borthers. Everyone knows that Goodell destroyed all the Camgate evidence to protect the Cheatriots. And everyone knows that NOTHING is going to come from Deflategate. Roger will, once again, protect his butt buddy, Robert.

NUFF SAID....

except we all know you won't STFU so you can stop with the bullshit 'NUFF SAID".

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who Rams4ever is... I never see him on the Rams boards.

Zeke is that you? :noidea: