• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen said exactly what I have been saying, a couple teams dominating is NOT new. Not sure why people dont understand, it has always been like this lol.

Jalen is an idiot. I would love for him or you to tell me the last time both teams who made the finals went undefeated in the first 3 rounds.....I'll wait.

If these teams going undefeated is not bad enough, these games are not even competitive entering the 4th so yes this is new.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant: If fans find blowout-heavy playoffs boring, 'don't watch it'. Spoken like a true prima donna that took the East way out like Lebron. Not very bright to tell people who pay your salary not to watch either. ROLFLMAO!!!

Dont worry Kevin, if this keeps up, probably no one WILL Be watching next year. If two stacked teams are gonna go undefeated to the finals every year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant: If fans find blowout-heavy playoffs boring, 'don't watch it'. Spoken like a true prima donna that took the East way out like Lebron. Not very bright to tell people who pay your salary not to watch either. ROLFLMAO!!!

Dont worry Kevin, if this keeps up, probably no one WILL Be watching next year. If two stacked teams are gonna go undefeated to the finals every year

No surprise he said that. He is a dick. These guys really don't care about the fans which is why I refuse to give them a single penny.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise he said that. He is a dick. These guys really don't care about the fans which is why I refuse to give them a single penny.

Baseball players care more than anyone else.

And yet they go more under-appreciated than any other sport.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen said exactly what I have been saying, a couple teams dominating is NOT new. Not sure why people dont understand, it has always been like this lol.

Jalen is an idiot. I would love for him or you to tell me the last time both teams who made the finals went undefeated in the first 3 rounds.....I'll wait.

If these teams going undefeated is not bad enough, these games are not even competitive entering the 4th so yes this is new.

Well, to be fair there are extenuating circumstances here.

The Warriors and Cavs were both highly likely to sweep first round opponents. But, then injuries struck. Kyle Lowry and IT have made Cleveland's path much easier as have injuries to George Hill, Tony Parker and Kawhi for the Warriors.

Neither team is still undefeated if all opponents remained 100% healthy. I am not sure there has ever been a season where the top 2 were this far out in front of the field, but I also can't recall a time when the closest thing those teams had to competitors had such miserable luck with injury.

This year has been a perfect storm of sorts. Now don't everybody overreact and think the system is completely broken.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the difference is that there have usually been other teams that were at least good enough to have a punchers chance. For example, the 80's were pretty well dominated by the Lakers and Celtics...but you had the 76ers in the early part of the 80's and the Pistons in the latter part of the 80's who presented tough challenges for the Celtics and won titles.

There were also a couple of Rockets teams (made the finals twice) as well as Mavs, Blazers and Spurs back then who at least were threats to the Lakers and could push them.

Who, in the East, has presented any kind of challenge to the Cavs since Lebron returned? They have lost a grand total of 4 games in the EC playoffs since then. I'm not sure that's been done before unless the Celtics did it back in the stone age.

In the West, there has been the Spurs and Thunder as challengers, but once KD went to the Warriors, that left only the Spurs and most gave them a punchers chance at best...and that was before Kawhi got hurt.

So, while I agree that a couple of teams dominating isn't necessarily new, dominance at this level, is new.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it something that's happened before? Yes
Is it a good thing? No
These playoffs have been horrible, a few games here and there were good but so many blowouts and the top teams in each conf. have barely been challenged on their ways to a perfect 21-0 record. Can anybody outside of Warriors and Cavs fans say they're enjoying this? The finals could be amazing because they are both really really good, but it doesn't take away that the parity outside of those 2 is horrible right now and hard to see that changing next year.

I don't think it's that hard to see it changing next year. I think there will be some improvements to teams in the West. If the Spurs, for example, land CP3, that makes next years playoffs a lot more interesting. Plus, who knows what the Thunder, Rockets, or Clips may be able to do?

In the East, a lot will depend on whether or not any teams want to challenge Lebron or if they all just want to wait for him to get old. The Celtics and Wizards are a player or 2 away from being a real threat. Heck, given how tough they played them despite getting swept, you might even be able to say the same about the Pacers if they can appease PG-13 and add a piece or 2. I'd include the Bulls, but their main guys are getting a little long in the tooth and probably can't stay healthy. But they looked like a possible threat before they got hit with injuries.

There also seem to have been an unprecedented number of injuries this year as well. Just in the Conference finals we've seen IT and Kawhi go down.

In fact, at the rate that the Spurs are losing players, they better hope they can't somehow extend the series to 5 games because they may not have 5 healthy players by then. lol

I forget who it was talking last night, but I thought a pretty good point was made. If we have an epic finals, it's unlikely that, 2-3 years from now, anyone will remember how bad the rest of the playoffs were.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference is that there have usually been other teams that were at least good enough to have a punchers chance. For example, the 80's were pretty well dominated by the Lakers and Celtics...but you had the 76ers in the early part of the 80's and the Pistons in the latter part of the 80's who presented tough challenges for the Celtics and won titles.

There were also a couple of Rockets teams (made the finals twice) as well as Mavs, Blazers and Spurs back then who at least were threats to the Lakers and could push them.

Who, in the East, has presented any kind of challenge to the Cavs since Lebron returned? They have lost a grand total of 4 games in the EC playoffs since then. I'm not sure that's been done before unless the Celtics did it back in the stone age.

In the West, there has been the Spurs and Thunder as challengers, but once KD went to the Warriors, that left only the Spurs and most gave them a punchers chance at best...and that was before Kawhi got hurt.

So, while I agree that a couple of teams dominating isn't necessarily new, dominance at this level, is new.

I agree. Even when Lebron was in Miami, you can make a case that the Pacers from 2012-2014 gave them a challenge then obviously Boston pushed us to 7 in 2012. The only year where they basically walked to the finals was 2011 when all of their series in the east was done in 5 games.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly

The series was almost surely going to be won by GS, but once Kawhi went down it was over that minute. All that changed was it went from competitive and fun to another yawner series.

Oh well, better for the Finals main event. I like that both teams will have an easy road there, no excuses.

Reactions: LAD

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's out. No way they win 4 in a row even with him, so why risk aggravating it in a lost cause?
The Spurs had a good shot at beating the Warriors with him but now they have no chance.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs had a good shot at beating the Warriors with him but now they have no chance.

Yeah I figured they had a 1 in 3 shot with Kawhi. Oh well, this is the Finals everyone outside of San Antonio wanted

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I figured they had a 1 in 3 shot with Kawhi. Oh well, this is the Finals everyone outside of San Antonio wanted
Actually I hoped San Antonio would have won and I live in Denton.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more years do we have to endure a Cleveland/Golden State final.