• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it did. Don't get me wrong, IT's been the guy that's made this team go, but against the Cavs he's not nearly as valuable. The reason: Defense.

The Cavs are an elite scoring team and the Celtics have a lot of bodies they can match up with them. But when Thomas is on the court, it creates new holes in the defense because there's nowhere to hide him. With Thomas out, the Celtics can switch everything and play straight up. Their rotations are easier and can double Lebron more because of the fluidity of the switches.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens next game.

Agreed, but one more thing to add:

Because he was playing hurt, he was not contributing his normal elite level offense and his defense was even worse than usual. I do not think the Celtics are better without Isaiah, even in this admittedly bad matchup. But, I definitely think they are better without an INJURED Isaiah trying to play.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but one more thing to add:

Because he was playing hurt, he was not contributing his normal elite level offense and his defense was even worse than usual. I do not think the Celtics are better without Isaiah, even in this admittedly bad matchup. But, I definitely think they are better without an INJURED Isaiah trying to play.
Throughout the Celts/Wizards series I always thought the Celts were the team that would pose the biggest problem for the Cavs because they have bigger defenders at almost every position other than PG. In game 3 I saw exactly that.

I thought it was particularly interesting that the Cavs consistently tried to get the switch to get Jae Crowder off of LBJ. It will be interesting to see if the Celts can continue to fight through that & keep the bigger defender on him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess no one wants to talk about Dedmon taking a shot a cheap shot at Steph's knee? Sounds about right.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess no one wants to talk about Dedmon taking a shot a cheap shot at Steph's knee? Sounds about right.
Why would they when the clear cut conclusion is Pachulia is the only dirty player? :noidea:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they when the clear cut conclusion is Pachulia is the only dirty player? :noidea:

Did you know that Pachulia has had lots of death threats. While that part has happened in the past to players, his family is now being threatened. Pachulia has had to hire private security to follow his children to school and also the school had to hire additional security for the threats too.

It's crazy. It's just a game.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Pachulia has had lots of death threats. While that part has happened in the past to players, his family is now being threatened. Pachulia has had to hire private security to follow his children to school and also the school had to hire additional security for the threats too.

It's crazy. It's just a game.
So ridiculous....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It honestly didn't look that bad to me... BUT I'll admit that I must be missing something, because the reaction I've seen online from all fanbases has been that it was a very dirty and dangerous play.

And apparently Curry has a sore knee as a result. Hopefully he'll be fine soon.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javale McGee likely to start again for Pachulia, depending on the Spurs lineup. If the Spurs go small, Mike Brown said Pat McCaw would likely start.

Pat McCaw playing quality minutes in the Western Conference Finals.

:lebowski2:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It honestly didn't look that bad to me... BUT I'll admit that I must be missing something, because the reaction I've seen online from all fanbases has been that it was a very dirty and dangerous play.

And apparently Curry has a sore knee as a result. Hopefully he'll be fine soon.

It's something that you don't notice at first glance, but when you watch the replay, he thrusts his knee into the back of Steph's. It's pretty clear what he was doing there. Usually on a screen, you hit the guy hard up top and rarely ever have contact below the lower back. You have to intentionally try to do that to hit that area.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's something that you don't notice at first glance, but when you watch the replay, he thrusts his knee into the back of Steph's. It's pretty clear what he was doing there. Usually on a screen, you hit the guy hard up top and rarely ever have contact below the lower back. You have to intentionally try to do that to hit that area.

Gotcha, maybe I didn't watch closely enough.

I am really hoping the Cavs and Warriors can get through without any significant injury issues. If something happens in one of these next few games, the whole NBA loses big time.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, maybe I didn't watch closely enough.

I am really hoping the Cavs and Warriors can get through without any significant injury issues. If something happens in one of these next few games, the whole NBA loses big time.

I want the same. Regardless of outcome, both teams will have to earn it if they want to win. It'll be a straight up dog fight between the two best teams in the league.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the same. Regardless of outcome, both teams will have to earn it if they want to win. It'll be a straight up dog fight between the two best teams in the league.
The thing that Surprises me the most is the fact that when Pop was made aware of the situation, he declined to comment.

Hell, even Comrade Trump told the alleged Nazi's to knock off the violence at his rally.

When families and children are affected, it's irresponsible not to intervene when your words carry so much weight.

Im disappointed if the reports are accurate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me to complain when the Celtics lose 2 more of their starting 5, that the Cavs get to benefit from a truly weakened foe.

The Cavs foe was weak before they lost their best player. Thomas is the only player they have that was anywhere close to the Cavs 3 best players.

All the teams in the finals can't have the advantages some teams get. how fortunate.

Yet, this year, they have.

Reminds me of the '15 championship. No Love or Kyrie. how fortunate that championship* was.

Reminds me of the '16 championship. Lose Bogut, Curry isn't 100%. Iguadola's back was so bad that he couldn't jump for a rebound and Draymond got his dumb ass suspended. How fortunate that championship* was.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs foe was weak before they lost their best player. Thomas is the only player they have that was anywhere close to the Cavs 3 best players.

Yet, this year, they have.

Reminds me of the '16 championship. Lose Bogut, Curry isn't 100%. Iguadola's back was so bad that he couldn't jump for a rebound and Draymond got his dumb ass suspended, How fortunate that championship* was.

Preach.....

raw

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
141 on the over 216.5 and 49 on SA +12.5

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors need to end it tonight. Dont "Cleveland it". The more rest the better. Warriors will have a good amount of time off

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another non call on Curry getting fouled. This is getting fucking ridiculous

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge is a fucking BUM. hes got the advantage all day every day down low against this Warriors team. He wants to sit out 15 feet from the basket and chuck up jumpers.

Dude should avg 40/20 in this series

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors usually never get the "Cleveland calls" where they live at the line They just gotta live with it . It'll be ok.