• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why I got a facepalm for saying I'd much rather see LeBron win over the Warriors :noidea:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about it. But I felt bad that you're a willing Kings fan.
It can be tough at times to stick with them, although I am cautiously optimistic about the future of the Kings. I didn't mind the facepalm, I just thought it was odd.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors up 2-0

Pop completely distracted with politics.

4-0 sweep would not be surprising.

The sooner Pop can wrap this up and focus 100% on his true passion - Trump - the happier he will be.

:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance
that's true.

the reality is in 5 years maybe this CBA works as the Cavs get old and Golden State gets too expensive to keep the band together.

But for now, trying to stop super teams from forming is only protecting the super teams that were already in place.

The thing is, because of the soft cap, the more the NBA does to try and stop superteams from
Forming, the worse the parity will get. There will always be a couple dominate teams and those squads will attract the free agent buyout guys, making them even better. The current rules allow Cleveland and GS to keep their cores together, but make it near impossible for the rest of the NBA to catch up.

2 solutions that if done together would fix the problem:

1) hard cap
2) eliminate max contracts

In other words, make the structure more like the NFL.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance

The thing is, because of the soft cap, the more the NBA does to try and stop superteams from
Forming, the worse the parity will get. There will always be a couple dominate teams and those squads will attract the free agent buyout guys, making them even better. The current rules allow Cleveland and GS to keep their cores together, but make it near impossible for the rest of the NBA to catch up.

1) hard cap

Or..you go to the business model that has proven to have the MOST parity, the MLB model

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or..you go to the business model that has proven to have the MOST parity, the MLB model

Baseball's not as predictable as the NBA though. You can throw the most talent on a baseball team, and usually it doesn't guarantee a title sans those later 90's Yankees teams. Baseball is more about having a strong pitching staff and bullpen.

If you have a similar style to baseball, a team can just load up on all stars and you'll have the same problem.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball's not as predictable as the NBA though. You can throw the most talent on a baseball team, and usually it doesn't guarantee a title sans those later 90's Yankees teams. Baseball is more about having a strong pitching staff and bullpen.

If you have a similar style to baseball, a team can just load up on all stars and you'll have the same problem.

You'd probably have more super teams though.

At the very least the conference finals would be interesting.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance

1) hard cap

i always dislike formats that punish teams for drafting too well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always dislike formats that punish teams for drafting too well.

Me too.

But, if you want parity, that is exactly what needs to happen. Punish the teams that are too good.

I don't think that is right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph looked 100% in the finals. Sure he was injured early on, but someone who is still injured can't make cuts like he did in the finals. I remember tearing my mcl and my knee was stiff as hell.

Well, so far, you make one who thinks so.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen said exactly what I have been saying, a couple teams dominating is NOT new. Not sure why people dont understand, it has always been like this lol.

2 teams dominating to the point that the opposing teams can't even win a GAME against them the entire playoffs? That seems pretty new to me.

There shouldn't even of been a playoffs this year if the opposing teams can't even win a damn GAME. Just skip straight to the finals.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 teams dominating to the point that the opposing teams can't even win a GAME against them the entire playoffs? That seems pretty new to me.

There shouldn't even of been a playoffs this year if the opposing teams can't even win a damn GAME. Just skip straight to the finals.

This is pretty rare.

the 73 win GS team last year was lucky to even make the finals.