• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WCF - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) San Jose Sharks Series Thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
In my opinion, we're seeing IIHF officiating decisions creep it's way in the NHL game. Refs are calling penalties based on sound and how long a guy stays down rather than the actual hit itself. I thought Eager's hit on Daniel Sedin into the boards was way worse than McGinn's hit on Rome, yet Eager only got two and McGinn got five and a game. Daniel bouncing right back up was probably the main reason Eager didn't get tossed.
Here's an interesting article suggesting they were looking to call Glass on shift #1 - to calm things down. Pretty stupid of Glass to even talk to the ref in that situation.
Game 4 officials were trying to "calm" things down - The White Towel

Hopefully last game in the series tonight. Time for some shark repellent bat spray =)
YouTube - 1960s Batman - The Shark

Go Canucks Go!
you need to post more Xalbox!
are you getting to watch the games?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Hrvatska remixes his classic musical hit for the 2011 cup run

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do we see the guy go for the hit when one of his teammates already has neutralized the guy and he can get the puck? Instead, he ignores the puck and tries to run a guy. That, to me is dumb hockey

i guess Mcginn is also Dirty? he plays the same game as Torres on his hits/runs.

He (Ballard) threw a beautiful hip check on McGinn and said he saw McGinn coming all the way. It was pretty smart thinking, with Ballard knowing if he was on the ice, chances were San Jose's hard forecheckers were going to be out there, too. But the defenceman added something else. "Watch the puck. I don't even play it...But he's not even interested in getting it, he just wants to make the hit."

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ Kesler

he's on twitter but rarely tweets ... 4 tweets in May ... the last one was a retweet

Tweet of the Year: Ryan Kesler re-tweeted someone who sent him a four-word message: "Stop diving, you [PUSSY]." It took me an hour to stop laughing. Why do that? "I thought it would be funny," he said. It was.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope tonights game is NOT a special teams contest. Lets see these squads play 5 on 5 for most of the game (ahem refs...).

I too,would like to see these 2 teams play the majority of the game 5 on 5.
Realistically,I don't see that happening.I see the Canucks storming out to a quick lead(no less than 2 goals by end of 1st IMO).

Frustration will then set in,and the Sharks will be left playing the majority of the game shorthanded.

With their season on the line(Sharks),I would hope that the refs(a lot of fricking hope),actually talk to each other when deciding a penalty call.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess Mcginn is also Dirty? he plays the same game as Torres on his hits/runs.

He is defintely making a strong case for it Matty. He also had a very dangerous hit in the LA series. He left his feet and took at least 3 strides out of his way to make the hit. He hasn't had as long of track record as Raffi, but he's well on his way. I'm not too fond of the way the kid has been playing. He's very lucky he hasn't gotten a suspension.

Don't get me wrong, I love big hits, but when you have to go out of your way to make it.....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is defintely making a strong case for it Matty. He also had a very dangerous hit in the LA series. He left his feet and took at least 3 strides out of his way to make the hit. He hasn't had as long of track record as Raffi, but he's well on his way. I'm not too fond of the way the kid has been playing. He's very lucky he hasn't gotten a suspension.

Don't get me wrong, I love big hits, but when you have to go out of your way to make it.....

yeah I agree. but in actually both players cases (with the exception of a few that are really questionable) wouldnt both just be doing what they are supposed to do? take taht guy away from the puck and out of hte play? in this series I dont think the hit Torres did on Murray at the end of the 1st was even a penalty worthy hit. the mcginn on Ehrhoff was clean but on Rome was not. Im trying to think of another one that Torres did in this series that is a penalty and dirty. Im not hiding from it I really just cant remember one.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard confirms he's in tonight ... no Ehrhoff or Rome at morning skate

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty, lol, only women are allowed to call me Jeffy. If a dude says it I stay far away.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive always liked Matty from Girls :)

Lol, sorry man, there was a Matt on one of my hockey teams we called Matty. Didn't mean for it to sound demeaning or "girly".

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, sorry man, there was a Matt on one of my hockey teams we called Matty. Didn't mean for it to sound demeaning or "girly".

lol no worries. everyone in my seat area for canucks games call me Matty. men or women. Matty is fine. you can call me Matty, Matt, Fatgoalie, just dont call me late for beers

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every woman in my life calls me Jeffy. At first it would irk me... But then it grew on me. But like I said, only women. Like mattola said, its sounds much better coming out of a womans mouth.