• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WCF - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (2) San Jose Sharks Series Thread

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what they say...what happens near a Las Vegas advertisement stays near a Las Vegas advertisement.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yet another test of the Canucks killer instinct. can they do it tonight?

GO CANUCKS GO

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round took 7 games
Second round took 6 games
Third round 5 games?!?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow would that be a HAPPY TREND! (lol)

BTW I missed most of game 3, how did Ehrhoff get injured?

hit by Mcginn against the boards. Shoulder kind of went in awkward. he was practicing yesterday (full) so he is gametime decision I believe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round took 7 games
Second round took 6 games
Third round 5 games?!?

lots of trends

Predator Ridge > Canucks Ridge
Shark Club > Vancouver Shark Club

if they get to the finals and the Bruins make it you know whats happening with this

[YOUTUBE]_D61VRWwQWk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just hope the Canucks can break one trend by winning a game 5 series clincher at home. This cardiac stuff is brutal. They can't give the Sharks life and the extra time off to rest would be great again if they can do it. Not counting the Sharks out, though. Go Canucks.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say as a Nucks fan that I don't care much for Raffi Torres. His intensity and all is great to have on the team but sometimes he annoys me when he goes way out of his way to run guys. I know the coaches don't want to take away his edge but the charge on Murray at the end of the first was stupidity, not intensity. You can debate all day on whether it was a charge and it doesn't matter. The refs will call that one every time because of the guys attitude and history and it hurts his team even though we killed the penalty. How often do we see the guy go for the hit when one of his teammates already has neutralized the guy and he can get the puck? Instead, he ignores the puck and tries to run a guy. That, to me is dumb hockey. You have to pick your spots when they are there, not go looking for it. What's sad is in game 1 & 2, he was more disciplined and really good so I know he can do it.

semantics again? run = hit

until they make hitting illegal or more specifically, dispossessing a player of the puck via hit, I have no problem with Torres going out there and knocking the shit out of people

The players themselves said it yesterday that the Torres hit (and the ballard hipcheck) was a huge emotional lift. Even as a fan i accept that penalty he took for the charge more so than any other hit the canucks took in the first period during game 4 (especially over those lazy penalties by Tanner Glass). And the guys said it themselves, if the refs wanna call the Torres hit a penalty, the team will do everything in their power to kill those all day because its a statement hit for the team.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess Mcginn is also Dirty? he plays the same game as Torres on his hits/runs.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess Mcginn is also Dirty? he plays the same game as Torres on his hits/runs.

Bieksa:

"You could call charging on that (Sharks forward Jamie) McGinn every time he steps on the ice, I don't think he touched the puck once tonight," said the Canuck defenceman. "Just flying around trying to headhunt, just like he did last game, just like he did in the L.A. series."

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess you're right jst, it is semantics on my part. It's just when the guy gets himself way out of position just for a hit, it bugs me a little. Puts the other players in a bad spot sometimes. A lot of players do it, though so I guess it shouldn't bug me so much and Torres is a good enough skater to get back where he needs to be. You are right about the team mates being okay but that's always the case with guys like that. You hate them on any other team but love them on yours.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, we're seeing IIHF officiating decisions creep it's way in the NHL game. Refs are calling penalties based on sound and how long a guy stays down rather than the actual hit itself. I thought Eager's hit on Daniel Sedin into the boards was way worse than McGinn's hit on Rome, yet Eager only got two and McGinn got five and a game. Daniel bouncing right back up was probably the main reason Eager didn't get tossed.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, we're seeing IIHF officiating decisions creep it's way in the NHL game. Refs are calling penalties based on sound and how long a guy stays down rather than the actual hit itself. I thought Eager's hit on Daniel Sedin into the boards was way worse than McGinn's hit on Rome, yet Eager only got two and McGinn got five and a game. Daniel bouncing right back up was probably the main reason Eager didn't get tossed.

i need to rep this

2 minutes for hitting too hard

sorry ... the whole spreading thing ... the thing that gets me on the Eager hit of Daniel in game 2 ... Eager skates across the ice with a direct line on DSedin AFTER SPENDING THE PRECEDING MINUTES AFTER THE MARLEAU FIGHT CHALLENGING THE CANUCKS BENCH ... refs didnt think he had bad intentions?

in the Chicago series. John Scott and Raffi Torres line up next to each other at a faceoff, beak at each other a bit and boom both get 10 minute misconducts ... refs knew enough to stop the idiocy there but couldnt in game 2 ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I completely agree. In my view, there was way more intent by Eager but even it was the right call, 2 mins. I liked that Daniel got back up that quickly. A lot of guys would have milked that one for all it's worth which is another big problem in the game today. That's a character issue though and, unfortunately, is hard to regulate.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope tonights game is NOT a special teams contest. Lets see these squads play 5 on 5 for most of the game (ahem refs...).