• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney better do a good job defending AD.....if AD plays like he can (like he did during that stretch in Jan/Feb before the trades went down) the Lakers will win the series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say it's about 60 - 70% at this point the Dubs win this series.

100 just seems too certain and a bit high...imho

Yeah…

We have a pretty good idea who the Warriors are at this point.

Just not enough data on the Lakers yet. They legitimately could be the best team in the field. They could also be a pretender.

Haven’t seen enough of their full squad together since the trade.

Also a couple of their guys (Dlo and AD) have a pretty wide range in terms of their play.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all these people saying they are so sure Warriors will win.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah…

We have a pretty good idea who the Warriors are at this point.

Just not enough data on the Lakers yet. They legitimately could be the best team in the field. They could also be a pretender.

Haven’t seen enough of their full squad together since the trade.

Also a couple of their guys (Dlo and AD) have a pretty wide range in terms of their play.

I've been one of the more critical people on this board when it comes to this Lakers team.

At moments they look like they're a shoe-in for the title. And at other moments they look like they would struggle in the G-League.

But fortunately they play in a best-of-7 series so they can afford a few fuck ups.

What more data do you need? Since the trade deadline, they moved from the 13th spot in the West to the 7th seed, to the second round of the playoffs.

If anything, even if they get swept by the Warriors in this round, they have long exceeded expectations.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough series to call, gotta lean Warriors though, Curry and company can still be almost impossible to stop at times ….

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough series to call, gotta lean Warriors though, Curry and company can still be almost impossible to stop at times ….
Sure, against a team that does not play defense like......the Kings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, against a team that does not play defense like......the Kings.

Yeah you're right Curry only put up those numbers because he played the Kings.

Not like he's the best shooter to play this game or something

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench could very well determine this series.

The Warriors bench is not that strong while the Lakers bench is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bench could very well determine this series.

The Warriors bench is not that strong while the Lakers bench is.
Both benches are basically even.

Warriors got Poole, Divencizo, GP, and Moody
Lakers got Dennis, Rui, Troy Brown, and Beasley

The benches are even and if Poole ever remove his head from his ass, most would lean Warriors

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers beat the Kings with Jordan Poole and Andrew Wiggins combining for 19 of 72 from 3. Klay even shot poorly with 26/73 for the series.

Wiggins and Poole are going to be the keys to the Warriors winning against the Lakers. I would expect to see more Moody than GP2 this next series too. There's not a lot of microwave scorers for the Lakers guards as there were the Kings.

The Warriors will need to get their outside shooting going against the Lakers. They play at a much different pace than the Warriors and the flow will become more half court oriented. The other key to this series is going to be turnovers. If the Warriors win the turnover battle each game, I think they will be in good shape.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers beat the Kings with Jordan Poole and Andrew Wiggins combining for 19 of 72 from 3. Klay even shot poorly with 26/73 for the series.

Wiggins and Poole are going to be the keys to the Warriors winning against the Lakers. I would expect to see more Moody than GP2 this next series too. There's not a lot of microwave scorers for the Lakers guards as there were the Kings.

The Warriors will need to get their outside shooting going against the Lakers. They play at a much different pace than the Warriors and the flow will become more half court oriented. The other key to this series is going to be turnovers. If the Warriors win the turnover battle each game, I think they will be in good shape.
The Lakers have the advantage in the halfcpurt and power game.....while the W's have the advantage in shooting. Gonna be a contrast of styles.

Take the under in these games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one of the more critical people on this board when it comes to this Lakers team.

At moments they look like they're a shoe-in for the title. And at other moments they look like they would struggle in the G-League.

But fortunately they play in a best-of-7 series so they can afford a few fuck ups.

What more data do you need? Since the trade deadline, they moved from the 13th spot in the West to the 7th seed, to the second round of the playoffs.

If anything, even if they get swept by the Warriors in this round, they have long exceeded expectations.

To win this series?

I know they are capable.

To be a legit title threat?

I need to see them control this series. Own the paint against the Warriors and do a good job defending the 3 point line, which is something they haven’t consistently done. At least not from what I have seen.