• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wazzu @ Southern Cal

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into this season, I had no illusions of us competing for the PAC12 title. I thought an 8-4 or even a 9-3 season was a distinct possibility. Two games into the season and it is crystal clear that Kiffin has taken this team in the wrong direction. How in the hell do you take a step backward the way we have after the Hawaii performance? Even the Colorado Buffs look like they could kick our ass at this point. It's rare to see a college coach fired this early into the season, but USC needs to pull the trigger Monday am and dump Kiffin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I've been telling you as well for at least a year haven't I? :whistle:

I said it would take a couple of years, but WSU will be back to an exciting offense and a relevant presence in the Pac and I stand by it.

Definetly wouldn't call that an exciting offense but was still awesome to get drunk in celebration. I still can't believe Kiffin laterally handed us the game with his play calling.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: I understand why he tried to sue I suppose, but I'm not going to root for a guy that tried to hurt my school.

TT seems to do that well enough on its own, they don't need outside help.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definetly wouldn't call that an exciting offense but was still awesome to get drunk in celebration. I still can't believe Kiffin laterally handed us the game with his play calling.

seemed like more execution to me.. a lot of the bubble screens and all that when usc ran them were no gain or maybe a yard or 2...Washington st often got 6-7 yards if not 1st downs... much like the pass that got them big yardage in field goal range. WSU got room to run often on those types of passes...USC by time qb got ball out to them they had 2-3 guys out on them...was big key to game..

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTq0kUKCIAAhlX6.jpg

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
stealing that for PAC thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus one year. About the same as Leach and Dykes before him.

7-8 wins. No conference championships.

He just did it with an offensive style that a lot of people find exciting. I really don't like the air raid too much personally, but I guess it is what is best for the school at this point.

Edit: I understand why he tried to sue I suppose, but I'm not going to root for a guy that tried to hurt my school.

A day later, we can commense the hatred of Mike Leach thread that was about to go down

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please expound on that thought.

Not sure what direction you're trying to go.

Hey, your school hired Knight. Your school hired Leach. Your school hired Tuberville. Your school hired Gillispie. Shall I go on? Lord, the Red Raiders have hired more coaches with baggage than Southwest Airlines.

Stupid is as stupid does. No one forced you to hire all those people with questionable ethics and personality flaws that big. Methinks that you are so desperate to win down there that you'd hire Linda Lovelace if you though she'd help you not to choke on the big ones.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on another comment section:

"Lane Kiffin was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple."

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a coach do less with more.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day later, we can commense the hatred of Mike Leach thread that was about to go down

Meh. Don't have too much I feel like bitching about at this moment. He should get your offense going at some point if y'all are patient. He probably knows all of about 5 defender's names on the roster. Hope he doesn't go out lookin for every job opening there is like he seemed to do towards the end of his Tech tenure.

Hey, your school hired Knight. Your school hired Leach. Your school hired Tuberville. Your school hired Gillispie. Shall I go on? Lord, the Red Raiders have hired more coaches with baggage than Southwest Airlines.

Stupid is as stupid does. No one forced you to hire all those people with questionable ethics and personality flaws that big. Methinks that you are so desperate to win down there that you'd hire Linda Lovelace if you though she'd help you not to choke on the big ones.

Bob Knight - The baggage was part of the appeal with him to me. Of course I was only like 12 or 13 when he came in and my pops told me about him. He won some games as well. Knight might be my favorite Tech coach ever. Completely worth it aside from his son succeeding him.

Leach - Had a solid 10 years. Unsure if his quirkiness was known about when he was hired or not.

Tommy "slush fund" Tuberville - Won't defend dumbo other than saying he was a decent recruiter.

Gillispie - Good call. Turrible, turrible hire. Should have avoided like the plague. Unfortunately Knight's boy fucked the program up and we were looking for a quick turnaround. Would have been better than waiting another 5-10 years to get out of the gutter like the current wait looks to be.

The biggest thing is that the school is generally very cheap when it comes to new hires, and a lot of times you get what you pay for.

I think some of it falls on our Chancellor. He's an alumnus and probably doesn't have too many years left(he is 70) and is a huge sports fan(wants to see them win something before he goes). So you do make a good point, but the heart is in the right place.

Unfortunately cheap+pedigree=baggage/retread.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the edit window and wanted to add this to the end of my last post.

At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit about athletics when it comes down to it. They're a nice distraction and something to shoot the shit about. I came to Tech for the education, not the athletics. Leach tried to hurt the school financially, more money=more nice things for the educational side of things(better facilities, faculty, etc.)=more/better students=my degree is worth more.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the edit window and wanted to add this to the end of my last post.

At the end of the day, I really don't give a shit about athletics when it comes down to it. They're a nice distraction and something to shoot the shit about. I came to Tech for the education, not the athletics. Leach tried to hurt the school financially, more money=more nice things for the educational side of things(better facilities, faculty, etc.)=more/better students=my degree is worth more.

Fair enough, guns up.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you hate Leach? the man is a damn pirate!!!