• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wazzu @ Southern Cal

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,977.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butt_pirate-s286x286-83141.gif

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, your school hired Knight. Your school hired Leach. Your school hired Tuberville. Your school hired Gillispie. Shall I go on? Lord, the Red Raiders have hired more coaches with baggage than Southwest Airlines.

Stupid is as stupid does. No one forced you to hire all those people with questionable ethics and personality flaws that big. Methinks that you are so desperate to win down there that you'd hire Linda Lovelace if you though she'd help you not to choke on the big ones.

Gawd I love the responses Smilesid gives...Terriffic humor and read...TOUCHE" SIR!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Don't have too much I feel like bitching about at this moment. He should get your offense going at some point if y'all are patient. He probably knows all of about 5 defender's names on the roster. Hope he doesn't go out lookin for every job opening there is like he seemed to do towards the end of his Tech tenure.

Bob Knight - The baggage was part of the appeal with him to me. Of course I was only like 12 or 13 when he came in and my pops told me about him. He won some games as well. Knight might be my favorite Tech coach ever. Completely worth it aside from his son succeeding him.

Leach - Had a solid 10 years. Unsure if his quirkiness was known about when he was hired or not.

Tommy "slush fund" Tuberville - Won't defend dumbo other than saying he was a decent recruiter.

Gillispie - Good call. Turrible, turrible hire. Should have avoided like the plague. Unfortunately Knight's boy fucked the program up and we were looking for a quick turnaround. Would have been better than waiting another 5-10 years to get out of the gutter like the current wait looks to be.

The biggest thing is that the school is generally very cheap when it comes to new hires, and a lot of times you get what you pay for.

I think some of it falls on our Chancellor. He's an alumnus and probably doesn't have too many years left(he is 70) and is a huge sports fan(wants to see them win something before he goes). So you do make a good point, but the heart is in the right place.

Unfortunately cheap+pedigree=baggage/retread.

Except I have zero faith in him turning the offense into anything. His refusal to acknowledge that a QB can run, his keeping with Conner Halliday even though in his 2 years until Leach he has thrown 20 interceptions. And there is a legacy in Brett Rypien who is going to be a blue chip recruit next year that he has already publically ripped on. Ripping on a HS sophomore's, who is perfect for his system, achievements is just flat out egotistical and borderline retarded.

I'm not 100% sure but I heard that in his contract if he interviews for another job he loses $1 million off his contract or something along those lines, where it is basically impossible for him to interview for another job or take another job without having that other school fork over millions.

And yes, I know the defensive thing because he said Conner, Gabe and Dom in his post game interview yet never once mentioned the guy who scored more points than his offense in Horton. The d-line played hard except they gave up 170 rushing yards but the linebackers and secondary shut down what little passing game they had and kept those rushing yards until 300. I just can't believe his post game comments of this was a game won in the trenches when his oline and dline got dominated.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I have zero faith in him turning the offense into anything. His refusal to acknowledge that a QB can run, his keeping with Conner Halliday even though in his 2 years until Leach he has thrown 20 interceptions. And there is a legacy in Brett Rypien who is going to be a blue chip recruit next year that he has already publically ripped on. Ripping on a HS sophomore's, who is perfect for his system, achievements is just flat out egotistical and borderline retarded.

I'm not 100% sure but I heard that in his contract if he interviews for another job he loses $1 million off his contract or something along those lines, where it is basically impossible for him to interview for another job or take another job without having that other school fork over millions.

And yes, I know the defensive thing because he said Conner, Gabe and Dom in his post game interview yet never once mentioned the guy who scored more points than his offense in Horton. The d-line played hard except they gave up 170 rushing yards but the linebackers and secondary shut down what little passing game they had and kept those rushing yards until 300. I just can't believe his post game comments of this was a game won in the trenches when his oline and dline got dominated.

Sucks to hear about the legacy; he certainly does have quite the ego, but he is one hell of an evaluator of qb's, so I'm not sure what to say about that. One thing that really pissed me off is he acts like the run game just doesn't exist. I like to watch bad ass running backs tear through a defense and play action, not a bunch of screens and running back routes to the flats to replace them. I really don't envy you at all, especially now that we have Kliff who looks like he could be a better offensive mind than Leach(Kingsbury has had some really good coaches to learn under obviously). I guess there is a chance he might not get the o going as I'm really not sure what area y'all are trying to recruit from, but I would hope y'all can pull a decent number of folks from Cali.

I like that contract stipulation a lot actually.

:doh:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear about the legacy; he certainly does have quite the ego, but he is one hell of an evaluator of qb's, so I'm not sure what to say about that. One thing that really pissed me off is he acts like the run game just doesn't exist. I like to watch bad ass running backs tear through a defense and play action, not a bunch of screens and running back routes to the flats to replace them. I really don't envy you at all, especially now that we have Kliff who looks like he could be a better offensive mind than Leach(Kingsbury has had some really good coaches to learn under obviously). I guess there is a chance he might not get the o going as I'm really not sure what area y'all are trying to recruit from, but I would hope y'all can pull a decent number of folks from Cali.

I like that contract stipulation a lot actually.

:doh:

Well we just had a 4 star legacy guy leave the team because Leach fucked with his positions to much then buried him on the depth chart. I don't care so much of that is at least from coach's in my state he is making zero friends. Recruiting is huge when it comes to places like Lubbock and Pullman but the difference is Texas has so many amounts of quality players that players that fall through the cracks are still solid. The Pac-12 pipeline is Cali and when you get the scraps you better be a hell of an evaluator such as Wulff was with Tuel, Wilson and Buchannon. I don't mind the running game at all because if you know anything about the history of WSU's glory days we pass 70% of the time which sets up the run for guys like Michael Black and Jerome Harrison. Glad for you guys with Kingsbury, we have a guy like that that is dying to get a coaching job in Jason Gesser but Leach wanted nothing to do with an assistant that would be more popular than him.

The biggest issue with Leach is that he is such a divisive kind of guy, and our fan base started fracturing with Bill Doba, then got completely divided when it came to Paul Wulff, hell the most influential coach in our history in Jim Walden got fired for making harsh remarks after Wulff got fired in a classless way. I think most Wulff guy's were on board with Leach until like me, his first spring game. Then his pitiful coaching job against BYU where Jeff Tuel could've walked to a 100 yard game, then his completely pee wee football level coaching with Eastern Washington and UNLV and coming up with all sorts of lame excuses how we barely squeaked by an UNLV team that we beat by 7 touchdowns the year before with the exact same players.

Football is the cash cow and I just wish Bill Moos could somehow get our cash cow (Paul Allen) to spend his 25 million in donations towards football instead of having us building a world class vet program. I was there during the hay day when football success and Rose Bowl led to many upgrades throughout the school and started towards stadium renovations and upgrade in facilities but money dried up once our coaching went into the shitter.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Bill Moos to do anything except crappin "green-n-yellow poop" in the Palouse would be a God send.

Fact is UO dumped a spy in your backyard. Live with it.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we just had a 4 star legacy guy leave the team because Leach fucked with his positions to much then buried him on the depth chart. I don't care so much of that is at least from coach's in my state he is making zero friends. Recruiting is huge when it comes to places like Lubbock and Pullman but the difference is Texas has so many amounts of quality players that players that fall through the cracks are still solid. The Pac-12 pipeline is Cali and when you get the scraps you better be a hell of an evaluator such as Wulff was with Tuel, Wilson and Buchannon. I don't mind the running game at all because if you know anything about the history of WSU's glory days we pass 70% of the time which sets up the run for guys like Michael Black and Jerome Harrison. Glad for you guys with Kingsbury, we have a guy like that that is dying to get a coaching job in Jason Gesser but Leach wanted nothing to do with an assistant that would be more popular than him.

The biggest issue with Leach is that he is such a divisive kind of guy, and our fan base started fracturing with Bill Doba, then got completely divided when it came to Paul Wulff, hell the most influential coach in our history in Jim Walden got fired for making harsh remarks after Wulff got fired in a classless way. I think most Wulff guy's were on board with Leach until like me, his first spring game. Then his pitiful coaching job against BYU where Jeff Tuel could've walked to a 100 yard game, then his completely pee wee football level coaching with Eastern Washington and UNLV and coming up with all sorts of lame excuses how we barely squeaked by an UNLV team that we beat by 7 touchdowns the year before with the exact same players.

Football is the cash cow and I just wish Bill Moos could somehow get our cash cow (Paul Allen) to spend his 25 million in donations towards football instead of having us building a world class vet program. I was there during the hay day when football success and Rose Bowl led to many upgrades throughout the school and started towards stadium renovations and upgrade in facilities but money dried up once our coaching went into the shitter.

I completely forgot about his problems with high school coaches. That was another huge problem. We're just barely starting to get ins at powerhouses like Skyline, Carter, DeSoto and Cedar Hill.

You aren't lying about the divisiveness. He been banned from any booster clubs yet?

I had no idea Paul Allen went to Wazzu. Does seem strange he wouldn't put any money into the athletic side considering he owns pro teams.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Bill Moos to do anything except crappin "green-n-yellow poop" in the Palouse would be a God send.

Fact is UO dumped a spy in your backyard. Live with it.

Bill Moos is a WSU alumi so not sure what your point is?

And yes, Leach isn't making any friends in the NW, I don't know the school's name but there was some deal where Leach pull some safety from a top Texas school who would've peaked at a special teamer and that coach blasted Leach.

Ya, I don't get the Paul Allen thing either but to be fair Bill Gates never donated money to his community college he attended. He will donate 25 million for academics but not for sports, heck Uncle Phil literally bought Oregon a baseball program but Allen won't donate enough to where we can finally get that stupid Husky alumni's name off of our stadium.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Gates is a way different "GOzillionaire" than Paul Allen, Paul's going to be dead in 10 years, maybe he will do something then, but after seeing what he does with the TrailBlazers it is easy to say his biz team is clueless with BB, but better football coaches.

Maybe Leach IS the way to Allen's wallet.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,977.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Gates is a way different "GOzillionaire" than Paul Allen, Paul's going to be dead in 10 years, maybe he will do something then, but after seeing what he does with the TrailBlazers it is easy to say his biz team is clueless with BB, but better football coaches.

Maybe Leach IS the way to Allen's wallet.

Paul hasn't been in good health. No way he makes it 10 more years. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in less than one. That's the one thing we Seahawk fans fear more than anything SF or any other team can do to us. Losing our owner while we are on this climb would really suck.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul hasn't been in good health. No way he makes it 10 more years. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in less than one. That's the one thing we Seahawk fans fear more than anything SF or any other team can do to us. Losing our owner while we are on this climb would really suck.

You really shouldn't mention Seahawks and Niners in the same sentence.

No NATTYs errrr Super Bowls en sech....:rollseyes:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,977.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no shame man. Talking about an old man not doing well and dying and you troll me over SF. :L
Ducks ffs

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gawd that game in Seattle wiffer the Duckies is going to be brutal from just a fans point of view, let only the game result.

Nah. Inside they know whats coming. The fight has been beat outta that bunch up there.

Oregon wins, they mope. We party, act like asshats, tear up Seattle, then go home with a hangover.

Another trip to Seattle, same results as usual.

+1 When making a trip to watch the 1st place A's play in that beaut Safeco for a series. SAME^^^^

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oaktown opened up a can of whoopazz yonite..their in the driver's seat for sure right now. Pitt beat the Rangerz.

3 games series vs Tejas this weekend.

Look for Oakland to put enough distance between em that this race will be considered over. Wild Card city for Tejas. And another NL West crown for Oakland!

:suds:

That NL Central this season. Heck of a 3 way race all season. 3 playoff teams... Nice