• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is dead because of his immaturity. It didn’t disappear. I hold my children accountable for their actions . Now comparing apples to oranges children are different then employees and if I am an employer I don’t have time to tolerate “acting out “ for very long
Again I agree, he was immature and that led to his death. On this we don't disagree. I said that it disappeared in Pittsburgh! Take note that he died in Florida! C'mon man, let's not act or pretend that people don't behave differently when on the job than they do off of it!

As an employer, why tolerate it at all?

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave credit for truisms! Luck happens, but people get fired and cut because of failed planning, and performance.
Btw; they didn't just need a QB, they needed one who best fit into what they had already built. What they had wasn't irrelevant it was necessary for his success!
My point is that it wouldn't have mattered what they had built. That year, the Bengals were taking Burrows regardless of what the rest of the team looked like. What was necessary for his success doesn't change that fact.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario 1

1990 - top QBs - Jeff George and Andres Ware
1994 - top QBs - Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer

Scenario 2:

2007 - top QBs - Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez
2012 - top QBs - Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin

Scenario 3:

2020 - top QBs - Joe Burrow, Tua and Justin Herbert

Which of these three scenarios would you prefer to have a high enough draft pick to pick one of these guys. It seems to me in 1994 Washington had a high enough pick to draft Shuler and in 2012 they traded up to have a high enough pick to draft Griffin ...... maybe not the RIGHT year to draft a franchise changing QB.

In 2020 they had a high enough pick to draft Tua or Herbert .... that was the RIGHT year to have a pick high enough.

As was mentioned it is important to have a FO that can figure out when it is the RIGHT year to pull the trigger on a highly rated QB or decide the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that it wouldn't have mattered what they had built. That year, the Bengals were taking Burrows regardless of what the rest of the team looked like. What was necessary for his success doesn't change that fact.
A lucky happenstance for sure that he came out when he did, but I suppose that from your perspective, success, especially what's necessary to attain it is far less important than drafting a guy because he was available when he was! So you honestly believe that Burrow would have been equally achieved if he had scenario #2 instead of scenario #1? Interesting!!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lucky happenstance for sure that he came out when he did, but I suppose that from your perspective, success, especially what's necessary to attain it is far less important than drafting a guy becausehe was available when he was! So you honestly believe that Burrow would have been equally achieved if he had scenario #2 instead of scenario #1? Interesting!!
Equally achieved? No. That doesn't change the fact that Burrow was the right choice at that time regardless of what the rest of the team looked like. The Skins stats and results would be much better had they had Burrow in those 2 years, although not equal to his with the Bengals imo, but their chances of success was much higher with Burrow than without. Much like the Bengals.

When you need a franchise QB and you have a chance at a franchise QB you take him. It's that simple. The quality/makeup of the rest of the team is irrelevant imo. Finding the QB is the hardest part and that's why you jump when you get the chance. The very idea that "well, we're not going to take Burrow b/c we don't have an elite Oline" is nonsensical b/c building an Oline is MUCH easier than finding that franchise QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equally achieved? No. That doesn't change the fact that Burrow was the right choice at that time regardless of what the rest of the team looked like. The Skins stats and results would be much better had they had Burrow in those 2 years, although not equal to his with the Bengals imo, but their chances of success was much higher with Burrow than without. Much like the Bengals.

When you need a franchise QB and you have a chance at a franchise QB you take him. It's that simple. The quality/makeup of the rest of the team is irrelevant imo. Finding the QB is the hardest part and that's why you jump when you get the chance. The very idea that "well, we're not going to take Burrow b/c we don't have an elite Oline" is nonsensical b/c building an Oline is MUCH easier than finding that franchise QB.
Whew!
For a brief moment, I actually thought that knowing what to do with such an asset was more important than knowing that you need one.
Thanks ole' buddy, you've fixed me!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave credit for truisms! Luck happens, but people get fired and cut because of failed planning, and performance.
Btw; they didn't just need a QB, they needed one who best fit into what they ha
that's the point! Cincy, Buffalo, and Miami and a few others have done it different. They built the team first then added the QB. A solid team can support the trials and learning of a rookie QB. Do we have that team in place? No. So, what do you think the success probability is for a rookie QB here?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from?
Do you cut your children when they act out or do you as a responsible parent set the rules an expect them to follow them? Geeez!
Btw; when Haskins got to Pittsburgh, all of that disappeared, because the folks there are professionals.
So did he. Guess it didn't work.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from?
Do you cut your children when they act out or do you as a responsible parent set the rules an expect them to follow them? Geeez!
Btw; when Haskins got to Pittsburgh, all of that disappeared, because the folks there are professionals.
These athletes are not kids. Maybe we should stop codling them and hold them accountable for their actions?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to vote, but I voted for Daniels. Also, I'm glad that you guys have Redskins in your banner. I'm a registered Democrat, but I'm a moderate and PC stuff has gone way too far.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
besides year 1,wtf did rgme do in dc other than cheat on his 1st wife often?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
besides year 1,wtf did rgme do in dc other than cheat on his 1st wife often?

I really believed that guy was going to end up being a big superstar. I'm a Niners fan through and through, but I ran hurdles in high school and I totally bought into the mobile QB revolution (e.g., Kaerpernick :Cry: ), so I was interested in seeing how RG3 would progress in his career.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believed that guy was going to end up being a big superstar. I'm a Niners fan through and through, but I ran hurdles in high school and I totally bought into the mobile QB revolution (e.g., Kaerpernick :Cry: ), so I was interested in seeing how RG3 would progress in his career.
He could have been a superstar, if he got his head out of his ass and took some coaching. He couldn't protect himself, hell, he couldn't even slide to avoid contact.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had a great rookie year,but nothing special after that.i can,t remember it anyway if he did.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the point! Cincy, Buffalo, and Miami and a few others have done it different. They built the team first then added the QB. A solid team can support the trials and learning of a rookie QB. Do we have that team in place? No. So, what do you think the success probability is for a rookie QB here?
Because the organizational structure was unsound the probability that any QB brought here during that time, succeeding was less than 10%and probably closer to zero than I want to admit to.
Right now, I'm not excited over all of the changes, beyond knowing that all of the previous stuff is either gone or going, so my position on them is a resounding "I'll wait!"
To me it's irrational to assume that drafting a QB solves all problems, or most of them alone no matter when that's done. I suppose that luck as defined by dictionaries could play a role, but as most successful people know, luck is when preparation meets opportunity! That's not to say that hard work is always the guarantor to becoming successful because lots of folks work hard and never achieve a desired goal. Without hard work, however, the odds of becoming successful are zero.
The Only question associated with it all is...are lottery winners and people who inherit fortunes lucky?

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These athletes are not kids. Maybe we should stop codling them and hold them accountable for their actions?
Exactly! Better yet, hire professionals who create environments that don't allow their hijinks in the first place!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the organizational structure was unsound the probability that any QB brought in during that time, succeeding was less than 10%and probably closer to zero than I want to admit to.
To me it's irrational to assume that drafting a QB solves all problems, or most of them alone no matter when that's done. I suppose that luck as defined by dictionaries could play a role, but as most successful people know, luck is when preparation meets opportunity! That's not to say that hard work is always the guarantor to becoming successful because lots of folks work hard and never achieve a desired goal. Without hard work, however, the odds of becoming successful are zero.
The Only question associated with it all is...are lottery winners and people who inherit fortunes lucky?
Yes. Lottery winners are lucky. Super bowl winners are not.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Better yet, hire professionals who create environments that don't allow their hijinks in the first place!
Or, don't draft head cases.