• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truisms aside, neither "winning the QB lottery in the right year" nor knowing that "over 50% of the QBs taken in round 1 don't pan out" speaks to the underlying problem with drafting a QB early, when in fact, that failure rate and whether or not you're able to hit in the right year are both tied to organizational dysfunction, lack of vision, poor roster planning/drafting, and worse, no planning at all.

Lastly, let me ask you two and the board in general which would you prefer to install a new QB into and which is more likely to succeed. Ready???

Scenario one.. your newly drafted QB gets these weapons, A.J. Green, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah, Joe Mixon, and Giovani Bernard.

In year two his weapons are... Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah/ Drew Sample, Joe Mixon, and Samaje Perine

VS

Scenario two,
Your newly drafted QB gets these weapons... Terry McLaurin, Paul Richardson Jr., Trey Quinn, Jordan Reed, Derrius Guice/ Adrian Peterson.

In year two his weapons are... Terry Mclaurin, Cam Sims, Jeremy Sprinkle/Logan Thomas, Antonio Gibson/ J.D. McKissic.

i haven't read anything in the previous threads BUT im taking scenario one 10/10
maybe i activated a jigsaw trap, i dunno but i'll go back and read the threads and figure out how anyone is good with #2

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't read anything in the previous threads BUT im taking scenario one 10/10
maybe i activated a jigsaw trap, i dunno but i'll go back and read the threads and figure out how anyone is good with #2
Don't worry, you haven't activated a jigsaw trap. Everything posted are actual scenarios and reasonable explanations supporting why one QB appeared to have succeeded and the other, failed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, you haven't activated a jigsaw trap. Everything posted are actual scenarios and reasonable explanations supporting why one QB appeared to have succeeded and the other, failed.
One qb was very immature also impacting his fate

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One qb was very immature also impacting his fate
Again, the only way that happens is when the organization and the team are faulty. No one goes to any of the top teams in the league knowing that... that shit isn't tolerated and tries to do it anyway! Believe it or not, some organizations and teams are deadly serious about winning, fun is fun they all experience and put aside time for that, but when it's business time (winning) all BS waits until the work is done and it's not tolerated no matter who you are, or think you are!

Btw; based on your response, I suspect that your answer to the question is QB #1.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd it work out in Pittsburgh?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truisms aside, neither "winning the QB lottery in the right year" nor knowing that "over 50% of the QBs taken in round 1 don't pan out" speaks to the underlying problem with drafting a QB early, when in fact, that failure rate and whether or not you're able to hit in the right year are both tied to organizational dysfunction, lack of vision, poor roster planning/drafting, and worse, no planning at all.

Lastly, let me ask you two and the board in general which would you prefer to install a new QB into and which is more likely to succeed. Ready???

Scenario one.. your newly drafted QB gets these weapons, A.J. Green, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah, Joe Mixon, and Giovani Bernard.

In year two his weapons are... Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah/ Drew Sample, Joe Mixon, and Samaje Perine

VS

Scenario two,
Your newly drafted QB gets these weapons... Terry McLaurin, Paul Richardson Jr., Trey Quinn, Jordan Reed, Derrius Guice/ Adrian Peterson.

In year two his weapons are... Terry Mclaurin, Cam Sims, Jeremy Sprinkle/Logan Thomas, Antonio Gibson/ J.D. McKissic.

I'm still late to class regarding the topic on the chalk board, but isn't San Fran the example to this. They had gathered enough talent so that when they drafted Lance, they were convinced he wouldn't have to do it all right away. Just so happens they also saw something in Brock. And so in this unique case despite failing at QB, they had enough weapons for the next man up to succeed

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still late to class regarding the topic on the chalk board, but isn't San Fran the example to this. They had gathered enough talent so that when they drafted Lance, they were convinced he wouldn't have to do it all right away. Just so happens they also saw something in Brock. And so in this unique case despite failing at QB, they had enough weapons for the next man up to succeed
Lot of truth in your post. I don't think we know (i have heard rumors on who wanted Lance.) The same happened in 2012 when Snyder insisted on Griffin and Cousin's was the best QB in ____ fill in the blank.

Long story shorter I agree with your post .... draft a QB .... and then draft or whatever Peters needs to do to make the overall team better.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VS

Scenario two,

I think it goes without saying that the Bengals scenario is much preferred to the Commie scenario.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VS

Scenario two,

Seriously? how about the QB that started for us last year? Do you think his level of success would have been improved if he had scenario 1 to play with? Not sure what your point is of this post?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the only way that happens is when the organization and the team are faulty. No one goes to any of the top teams in the league knowing that... that shit isn't tolerated and tries to do it anyway! Believe it or not, some organizations and teams are deadly serious about winning, fun is fun they all experience and put aside time for that, but when it's business time (winning) all BS waits until the work is done and it's not tolerated no matter who you are, or think you are!

Btw; based on your response, I suspect that your answer to the question is QB #1.
Are you now saying that the appropriate response to the actions of Griffin and haskins was to cut them when they displayed the immature and selfish behaviors?

How about we start placing blame where it belongs. On the athlete's displaying such destructive behaviors?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes without saying that the Bengals scenario is much preferred to the Commie scenario.
Well, at least it's an actual plan and not, some crazy shit like, "they have to hit the QB lottery in the right year!"

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least it's an actual plan and not, some crazy shit like, "they have to hit the QB lottery in the right year!"
Um, isn't that exactly what the Bengals did? They had the first pick at a time Burrow was available and that time coincided with their need for a QB. The rest of their team is irrelevant imo b/c they would've taken Burrow at #1 overall regardless of the what the rest of the team looked like. They needed a QB. Period. And they had the pick of the litter in the right year. Isn't that hitting the QB lottery in the right year?

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? how about the QB that started for us last year? Do you think his level of success would have been improved if he had scenario 1 to play with? sure what your point is of this post?
Here's the point, QBs fail, we all know that, but organizations fail them too! When you don't have a team around him and/or a coach who's not amenable to the change necessary to foster his success, he's going to fail. I know that there are posters here who love this team, and that love can blind them so much that they miss the entire point of being a team. Once again, when a QB fails, everyone involved fails and more often than not, he fails because of them!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, isn't that exactly what the Bengals did? They had the first pick at a time Burrow was available and that time coincided with their need for a QB. The rest of their team is irrelevant imo b/c they would've taken Burrow at #1 overall regardless of the what the rest of the team looked like. They needed a QB. Period. And they had the pick of the litter in the right year. Isn't that hitting the QB lottery in the right year?
I gave credit for truisms! Luck happens, but people get fired and cut because of failed planning, and performance.
Btw; they didn't just need a QB, they needed one who best fit into what they had already built. What they had wasn't irrelevant it was necessary for his success!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you now saying that the appropriate response to the actions of Griffin and haskins was to cut them when they displayed the immature and selfish behaviors?

How about we start placing blame where it belongs. On the athlete's displaying such destructive behaviors?
Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from?
Do you cut your children when they act out or do you as a responsible parent set the rules an expect them to follow them? Geeez!
Btw; when Haskins got to Pittsburgh, all of that disappeared, because the folks there are professionals.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry immaturity is on the individual not to organization . Drafting the immature individual is on the organization

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, where are you getting this stuff from?
Do you cut your children when they act out or do you as a responsible parent set the rules an expect them to follow them? Geeez!
Btw; when Haskins got to Pittsburgh, all of that disappeared, because the folks there are professionals.
He is dead because of his immaturity. It didn’t disappear. I hold my children accountable for their actions . Now comparing apples to oranges children are different then employees and if I am an employer I don’t have time to tolerate “acting out “ for very long

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is dead because of his immaturity. It didn’t disappear. I hold my children accountable for their actions . Now comparing apples to oranges children are different then employees and if I am an employer I don’t have time to tolerate “acting out “ for very long
the reason not to take williams is his immaturity.i,v seen only one to his mama crying after losing,him.been watching college and pro sports 51 years too.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry immaturity is on the individual not to organization . Drafting the immature individual is on the organization
I completely agree with this! Allowing it to exist within your organization is both a structural failure and a lack of leadership which is also a form of immaturity!