• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan cannot be to trade down, hope you suck bad enough next year, and take Deion's kid, or the uninspiring Ewers and Beck. That cannot be the plan.

We all know how Rivera's fix everything else and pick from the franchise quarterback tree went.
Riveria's gone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan cannot be to trade down, hope you suck bad enough next year, and take Deion's kid, or the uninspiring Ewers and Beck. That cannot be the plan.

We all know how Rivera's fix everything else and pick from the franchise quarterback tree went.
We can 9nly hope that things are different now!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure how y’all can be so sure on these guy’s. I’ll leave it up to the professionals and back whichever one they take. I really do have a problem with the entitled one though. Probably another CY. If the professionals take the entitled one I’ll give him a chance though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure how y’all can be so sure on these guy’s. I’ll leave it up to the professionals and back whichever one they take. I really do have a problem with the entitled one though. Probably another CY. If the professionals take the entitled one I’ll give him a chance though
It took Cincinnati decades to figure out a simple formula that they all should learn. That formula?... Drafting a QB is NOT enough, you must provide that QB with NFL level talents similar to or better than the ones that he had in school when they were convinced to draft him.
Btw; If you have a strong front office, and coaches who aren't afraid of them or the players, there's no such thing as an "entitled one."
I have to admit, my confidence in a new QB is based upon the talent that I see, the potential for greatness, and most importantly, all things new in Ashburn Va. who will hopefully understand the formula that took the Bengals decades to figure out....works!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real truth. You have to hit the QB lottery in the right year. Can do that, excellent question We have been through We the Shuler fuck up. We have traded up using two many picks for a guy that was largely a bust and we drafted Dan's favor it from his sons HS. All three were busts.

Let's hope they get it right this year.

As for the Burrow/Haskin record .... someone here told my Haskins was better because he beat Burrow out at Ohio State. How is that working out?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought of you rowdy.

KC is really missing EB
..lol

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought of you rowdy.

KC is really missing EB
..lol
Ried was asked before the sb if he’d take eb back and he basically said there’s no position open for him

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. I readily admit that. Gotta swing though. We've been doing this song and dance at QB for decades now.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real truth. You have to hit the QB lottery in the right year. Can do that, excellent question We have been through We the Shuler fuck up. We have traded up using two many picks for a guy that was largely a bust and we drafted Dan's favor it from his sons HS. All three were busts.

Let's hope they get it right this year.

As for the Burrow/Haskin record .... someone here told my Haskins was better because he beat Burrow out at Ohio State. How is that working out?
I agree, but you also have to look at who was drafting those Qbs. Dan chose Haskins. Dan and Allen chose RG3. Norv chose Shuler. Gibbs chose Campbell.

Casserly chose Gus.
Shanahan chose Kirk

My point is when a guy who actually has some skill at identifying talent made the selection the results weren't bad.

Peters is supposed to be that guy. We finally have a football guy in the building again and we aren't going to let him pick a QB because of what some donks did ten to 20 years ago?

I'm nervous too, but we took Chase and passed on Tua and Herbert. This price of drafting the wrong QB is huge. The price of passing on the right one is huge as well.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ried was asked before the sb if he’d take eb back and he basically said there’s no position open for him
EB was apparently snooping around KC and visiting the team.

Maybe he was saying "hi" or trying to drop hints that he wants to come back.

Bottom line, neither EB nor the commanders should have made the decision to have him come here.

It was a mistake and you saw it from the get go.

I tried to turn over a new leaf and trust Rivera on this and be positive. My gut said it was a mistake but I ignored it.

I was clearly wrong.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous too, but we took Chase and passed on Tua and Herbert. This price of drafting the wrong QB is huge. The price of passing on the right one is huge as well.
Yep. Gotta win the QB lottery in the right year. Did you pick the right numbers? For every Manning, there's a Leaf. Hell, the Niners badly needed a QB and then we took Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Ugh.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but you also have to look at who was drafting those Qbs. Dan chose Haskins. Dan and Allen chose RG3. Norv chose Shuler. Gibbs chose Campbell.

Casserly chose Gus.
Shanahan chose Kirk

My point is when a guy who actually has some skill at identifying talent made the selection the results weren't bad.

Peters is supposed to be that guy. We finally have a football guy in the building again and we aren't going to let him pick a QB because of what some donks did ten to 20 years ago?

I wasn't suggesting not to take one.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Casserly chose Gus.
Shanahan chose Kirk

You also have to look at the facts. Over 50% of the QBs taken in Rd1 don't pan out for their drafting team. Not saying you don't take a qb in rd 1, just understand that it probably won't work. More importantly, do not use additional capital to move up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to look at the facts. Over 50% of the QBs taken in Rd1 don't pan out for their drafting team. Not saying you don't take a qb in rd 1, just understand that it probably won't work. More importantly, do not use additional capital to move up.
I agree. Glad it's not my decision.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoot on the Junkies this morning said everyone is sleeping on Maye. Said Skins are about to pass on Herbert twice. Likes Caleb a lot. Called Jayden RG4.

If it was up to him he'd trade for Caleb.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoot on the Junkies this morning said everyone is sleeping on Maye. Said Skins are about to pass on Herbert twice. Likes Caleb a lot. Called Jayden RG4.

If it was up to him he'd trade for Caleb.
Not many people have JD ranked above maye from what I’ve saw

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Gotta win the QB lottery in the right year. Did you pick the right numbers? For every Manning, there's a Leaf. Hell, the Niners badly needed a QB and then we took Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Ugh.
Truisms aside, neither "winning the QB lottery in the right year" nor knowing that "over 50% of the QBs taken in round 1 don't pan out" speaks to the underlying problem with drafting a QB early, when in fact, that failure rate and whether or not you're able to hit in the right year are both tied to organizational dysfunction, lack of vision, poor roster planning/drafting, and worse, no planning at all.

Lastly, let me ask you two and the board in general which would you prefer to install a new QB into and which is more likely to succeed. Ready???

Scenario one.. your newly drafted QB gets these weapons, A.J. Green, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah, Joe Mixon, and Giovani Bernard.

In year two his weapons are... Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah/ Drew Sample, Joe Mixon, and Samaje Perine

VS

Scenario two,
Your newly drafted QB gets these weapons... Terry McLaurin, Paul Richardson Jr., Trey Quinn, Jordan Reed, Derrius Guice/ Adrian Peterson.

In year two his weapons are... Terry Mclaurin, Cam Sims, Jeremy Sprinkle/Logan Thomas, Antonio Gibson/ J.D. McKissic.