• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm crossing my fingers that it was coaching when it comes to Jamin and Forbes. Parsons was drafted as a MLB and Quinn quickly decided to let him go get the QB.

In no way am I insinuating that Jamin is on Parsons level, just hoping Quinn can discover the best version of him.

For some odd reason, I'm cautiously optimistic about Forbes.
I am not down of Forbes or really anyone until the new coaching staff evaluates what they have and what they like. Need to do something with him because he still has $12 million over the next 3 years.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down of Forbes or really anyone until the new coaching staff evaluates what they have and what they like. Need to do something with him because he still has $12 million over the next 3 years.
Big year for Forbes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big year for Forbes.
Not going to lie, I would like him gone from the standpoint of wiping the slate clean with Rivera's screw ups. Kinda like the Rivera front office, I want a fresh start.

That approach is not realistic and I know that. I am not one of those fans who is deathly loyal to a player just because we drafted him. I am not implying you are. You are a realistic fan and not a homer obviously.

I simply don't want Forbes to be penciled in as a starter because he was a 1st round draft pick. I don't believe Quinn rolls like that any ways. The best player will start and play.

I do believe Quinn and Whitt will give Forbes a fair chance, however, I believe they will bring in players they believe can contribute. Those players will hopefully contribute/improve the defense and grab Forbes' playing time. That sounds biased and I get it. The point is that Forbes was a liability and his body at this point will not allow him to keep up with the physciallity of the game. He is easily bullied in coverage from what I saw.

I would like to see him as a back up here UNLESS he rises to the occasion and Quinn trusts him. That could happen but I doubt it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie, I would like him gone from the standpoint of wiping the slate clean with Rivera's screw ups. Kinda like the Rivera front office, I want a fresh start.

That approach is not realistic and I know that. I am not one of those fans who is deathly loyal to a player just because we drafted him. I am not implying you are. You are a realistic fan and not a homer obviously.

I simply don't want Forbes to be penciled in as a starter because he was a 1st round draft pick. I don't believe Quinn rolls like that any ways. The best player will start and play.

I do believe Quinn and Whitt will give Forbes a fair chance, however, I believe they will bring in players they believe can contribute. Those players will hopefully contribute/improve the defense and grab Forbes' playing time. That sounds biased and I get it. The point is that Forbes was a liability and his body at this point will not allow him to keep up with the physciallity of the game. He is easily bullied in coverage from what I saw.

I would like to see him as a back up here UNLESS he rises to the occasion and Quinn trusts him. That could happen but I doubt it.
No, I wasn't implying he should be a day one starter with no comp. Corner is obviously a need with how Forbes played and Fuller being a FA.

I just don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Now if Forbes looks the same under this staff, then you definitely move on, and I'm sure they would.

They have to find a slot corner no matter what they do with Forbes.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Football
Screenshot_20240215_120438_Samsung Internet.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Wylie can be an answer at LG. Could really open up our options to draft a TE or big WR with one of our 2nds and go Edge with the other one.
its ok to hope and moving him to OG in this new blocking scheme could work for sure but you will nee a center and 2 OT's

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never liked the stick figure pick , he was skinny and we passed on better talent . you cant draft 1st rounders as projects . right now he is trending like jamin davis , an over drafted 1st round pick unlikely to get the 5th yr option exercised. you arent getting value for the pick which is a halmark of my draft style . so hope for the best , but expect the worst

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never liked the stick figure pick , he was skinny and we passed on better talent . you cant draft 1st rounders as projects . right now he is trending like jamin davis , an over drafted 1st round pick unlikely to get the 5th yr option exercised. you arent getting value for the pick which is a halmark of my draft style . so hope for the best , but expect the worst
I know you didn't like the pick. Nothing wrong with that.

I am going to roll with Joe Whitt Jr. and see what they can do with him. I think a bunch of these guys have been poorly coached. We will see. Right now they are financially attached to him so lets home they can get more out of him than the previous staff.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn't like the pick. Nothing wrong with that.

I am going to roll with Joe Whitt Jr. and see what they can do with him. I think a bunch of these guys have been poorly coached. We will see. Right now they are financially attached to him so lets home they can get more out of him than the previous staff.
Stick figure failing hurts the team . So I hope I have to eat crow

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been big wrong before.
Screenshot_20240218_194115_Instagram.jpg

I was hyping up Richardson on this board when mocks had him going in the 2nd round at the time. Richardson went four overall and looked like prime Cam Newton before he got his bell rung.
Screenshot_20240219_083415_Chrome.jpg

I feel the same way about Jayden that I did about Richardson. I hope I'm right and I hope after Peters does his homework, it's Jayden.

I will support Drake, but from Kingsbury's presser, it sure sounds like JD5 is the leading candidate. Who's ready for the JD5 chants at FedEx? Lol.
Screenshot_20240219_082339_Instagram.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Jets willing to give up? I would do it for a third this season, which according to trade simulators is SH’s value, and a first in 2025. Just a third, hell no.
I think the most we could get is a 5th this year or maybe a conditional 4th in 25. I've been able to trade into the top 15 with both our 2nds on some of those simulators.

I don't see any value in trading Sam. You have at the very least a top tier backup on a 5th round pay scale.

Sheehan and Ben Standing last week talked about how Howell is not a lock to be here, especially if a vet QB is brought in or Brissett is retained.

Harris, Peters, and Kingsbury have no allegiance to Sam.

Still, having Sam on the sideline ready to come in would be very comforting next year, for me at least.