• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Board....

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was my feeling Coach S for the Redskins ran RG3 into the ground last year. He should have been fired for that. I think we are seeing the effect it had on his body and mind this year.(RG3 that is) He should have sat this year or most of it. Giving him time to recoup and work on his game. But its worked out great for us.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was my feeling Coach S for the Redskins ran RG3 into the ground last year. He should have been fired for that. I think we are seeing the effect it had on his body and mind this year.(RG3 that is) He should have sat this year or most of it. Giving him time to recoup and work on his game. But its worked out great for us.

Actually RGIII didn't have an awful year, it wasn't that bad, just not as good as last year! We as Ram fans have complained about our oline for years, well his oline is horrible. He was sacked quite often last year, and would have surely lead the league in getting sacked if not for his mobility. This guy still completed 60% of his passes, just like Sammie, plus the fact that he throws the ball downfield a lot more. Plus Washington lost 5 games by one score or less with RGIII in there, they win even 3 of those and he wouldn't be getting ripped like he is. I still would love to have him!

He didn't run as much this year, but still averaged almost 6 yards per carry, which is great for a QB! He had 3 games of over 300 yards and two more that were over 290. Sammie rarely achieves those numbers, you would think that he would though, because we are ALWAYS behind!

Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a Sammie bashing, I just can't help it! I truly do hope Sammie has a great year next year, no really, but I just feel he will always be average.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post wasn't meant to be a knock on RG3 it was more on the coach. I believe he (RG3) was and has been rushed in his development.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post wasn't meant to be a knock on RG3 it was more on the coach. I believe he (RG3) was and has been rushed in his development.

Yes, I agree, and I didn't mean to assume that you were bashing RGIII. They have misused and mismanaged him from the beginning. Although I would have loved to have him on our team, it's like many posters have said, he would be in the same boat with us, he would have gotten killed with our line. With a better line in Washington next year, I think he will be an above average QB. A guy like him needs to have at least a little protection!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smed55. Apparently you'll have plenty of time next year to go accidentally Sammie Bashing if what Fisher has stated remains the status quo and that is, as of yesterday at least publically, Fisher has unequivocally stated that going forward, Sammie is the man at QB.

Furthermore, if we end up with the second pick in the first round, the Rams will not be taking a QB. This in light of all the speculation that the Rams should take one of the many QBs eligible for the draft and the fact the Clemens is slowly playing pretty well with the rest of the Rams even though Sammie probably would have improved in the same manner with the same playing time as Clemens (summarizing what Billick stated from the booth yesterday about his pregame interview with Fisher).

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. RG3 has all the skills and talent to be a force in the NFL.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree, and I didn't mean to assume that you were bashing RGIII. They have misused and mismanaged him from the beginning. Although I would have loved to have him on our team, it's like many posters have said, he would be in the same boat with us, he would have gotten killed with our line. With a better line in Washington next year, I think he will be an above average QB. A guy like him needs to have at least a little protection!

You know our Oline has been top 10 all year right?