• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Magic New Years Eve edition

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home at the start of the second half. Dubs up a dub.

The Golden State Warriors just started a new hashtag yesterday, #DubSounds.

Riders Radio:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5iWLbpi8is]"Protect Our Ground" - Marshall Payne & Lou Koo - YouTube[/ame]

Can't wait to see the bench squad get some action.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I the only idiot stuck at work today?

Another day, another D.Green clutch performance? 4 blocks tonight? He is playing his way into the 6th man role.

I'll catch up on the game and post some thoughts later

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure sign that the sky is falling? D.Lee with 2 , count them -> 2 . 1st quarter blocks.

Dubs were running away with it in the 1st.

Imagine if the Dubs were in the East, they would be the 2nd best team behind MIA? Maybe 3rd behind INDA.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rolling..." Close...

That was some fourth quarter played out entirely by the Warriors bench. Bazemore slapped down the true meaning of a hunter. He played over screens exceptionally well making everyone else's job a little easier defensively. The season high twelve points highlighted by that KBsmoove signature layup, gave Superman, BazeGod, the former Ali... plenty to look forward to for the New Year.

Draymond Green was his usual Dennis Rodman-esk self, ripping the ball away from opponents on multiple occasions. He had one take to the rack that was a strong move he doesn't usually employ. My new years resolution for the Golden State Warriors offense is to get"So Money" the ball at the elbow or post extended a little more often.

Speights, Kuzmic and Douglass all played strong as well.

six for six.

Happy New Year!

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson essentially told his reserves at the beginning of the fourth and up just 15, "The rest of this game is yours - if you earn it." The bench outplayed the Magic starters so badly that their coach pulled them out in disgust with over six minutes left. A big effort from the subs saves some starter legs for the long trip ahead. Well done lads.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more for the road...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSRVnBt-q48]ANDRE IGUODALA "THE NEW WARRIOR" [2013 MIX] HD - YouTube[/ame]

Happy New Year Dubs!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to connectivity issues here in Argentina, this is the first game I've gotten to see in a while. Generally excellent, but two small nits:

1. Still way too many turnovers -- those have and will cost us games vs better opponents.
2. The third string scored essentially one basket in the last five minutes.

Minor things, but ball security is going to be essential the next two games. A split would be considered a success. I'd be very pleased with a 5-2 roadie, which seems ver possible.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to connectivity issues here in Argentina, this is the first game I've gotten to see in a while. Generally excellent, but two small nits:

1. Still way too many turnovers -- those have and will cost us games vs better opponents.
2. The third string scored essentially one basket in the last five minutes.

Minor things, but ball security is going to be essential the next two games. A split would be considered a success. I'd be very pleased with a 5-2 roadie, which seems ver possible.

Dubs starters won the game in the 1st two quarters for us.

If every game ends like this, I'd be happy to have our 3rd string struggle out there for the entire 4th quarter. It means we built a big enough lead.

So ORL's 3rd string beat us that quarter, it doesn't matter a whole lot when we get the "W".

Most of those players Baze, HB, Douglas, Kuzmic, Speights, don't get court time with other on a regular basis. I'd expect them to struggle. I still like Kuzmic's footwork, it may look mechanical but atleast he as a clue when he's out there.

Most of the earlier turnovers were when the Dubs were up by 15+ points, over passing, behind the back trickery, and our famous "stepped out of bounds plays".

Dubs are now 15-3 with the Omega 5 (steph, boguts, wcw, #9, klay starting). I like our chances against "the good teams".