• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors had a better record with Walton than with Kerr

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when they win the Championship, Luke should be named Coach of the year?

I'm just trying to figure out the purpose of the thread/ what it is we should be debating.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton was the main man behind the Lakers championship runs, no surprise he'd lead the Warriors to that record.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

:hope:

Or, the Warriors could take my earlier suggestion and fire Kerr so the Lakers can hire him.

Either one would be fine with me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton was the main man behind the Lakers championship runs, no surprise he'd lead the Warriors to that record.

Luuuuuke!!

I actually have a Luuuuke t-shirt that I could start wearing again.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:

Or, the Warriors could take my earlier suggestion and fire Kerr so the Lakers can hire him.

Either one would be fine with me.

The more I think about it, I believe Luke may not leave the Warriors for another year or two, if at all. There is a plausible situation that if Kerr doesn't improve over the off-season, he may consider walking away from coaching. Even now he's coaching through a ton of pain and from day to day his mood/well being is drastically different.

I could see a scenario in which Kerr coaches for maybe another year or two, then Luke takes over as HC. This of course would only be if Kerr and Luke had a discussion on his health.

Bill Walton said on First Take that Luke would be crazy to walk away from this, even with all the HC opportunities he'll be getting in the off-season. It kind of makes sense when you think about it. No matter what happens to the Warriors in the next year or two, after his 39-4 record as an interim HC, he'll still be a top option for almost any job that comes available.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean that makes Walton a better coach and in fact not even close. The record at the beginning of the season might because the team was fresher and you need to remember that while Walton was making a lot of decisions on his own, the entire structure of the team, the rotation of the players, the types of plays being run and other many little things was set up by the head coach who was fighting for his life in the hospital. That does not mean Walton could do all of those things on his own, but he did help coach for Phil Jackson in his many years on the dl list with nothing to do, so I would be willing to bet he is very good coach, but like the games have to played to see who wins, we would have to see how Walton sets up his own team first, what kind of players he asks the front office to go for and the plays he sets up and the rotation of the talent. This has always been Kerr's team even when the guy was in the hospital.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton also coached a team early in the year with zero pressure and fresh legs. Kerr took over a team with the spotlight shining bright on them as the season wore on. Move along.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he sucked. They'd be like 74-5 if it weren't for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just read an article about how freaking serious Kerr's health issues are. It would not surprise me one bit if he retires and Walton just takes over Golden State within a year or two. If I am walton unless a dream opportunity is given me- i stick around because i think he will be the HC there within 2 years - because poor Steve Kerr is really hurting i guess.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just read an article about how freaking serious Kerr's health issues are. It would not surprise me one bit if he retires and Walton just takes over Golden State within a year or two. If I am walton unless a dream opportunity is given me- i stick around because i think he will be the HC there within 2 years - because poor Steve Kerr is really hurting i guess.
That's what I am saying - Luke has shown he can coach even though it wouldn't necessarily be the same without Kerr actually making the decisions that set him up to succeed, but Walton would be my first choice and I think both the Warriors and Walton would be dumb to go separate ways