• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors Fans

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say you just trade Dlo for nothing- just to get his cap off the books--- which i dont even know is realistic- probably not

Klay, Curry and Draymond make a combined 108M--- just between the 3 of them 2 years from now.

How do you expect to give Giannis anything CLOSE to a max contract even if he wanted to come play with an old busted Curry?

use your brain.

there isnt another huge cap jump coming--- and Curry and Klay arent on team-frinedly deals----which is the way they got Durant.

What if Giannis makes it known that he won't re-sign? A D'Angelo/Dray package could make a lot of sense in return.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to feel sorry for a team that dominated the league as much as they have the last few years but no team or player should have to go through this.
Sucks but could be better for them in the long run.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...honestly, not so sure this isn't a 'break'...ok, the season is shot, but we find this out early so we can use the year productively. And there's no excuse to compete now, it's fine. I'm sure I'm trying to smile through a shitshow but I'm not wrong, this is just the basketball gods saying "rebuild year. end of story"

I had ZERO thoughts of them doing jack shit if they made the playoffs this year. I was worried that we'd fuck something up trying to rush Klay back or something to snag the 7 seed and get beat by the Clippers? Dude, no point.

Use this, use what we've been given: a golden ticket to go full rebuild.
Yep....makes the games painful to watch but better in the long run.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have had a rough 2019.

Lose the championship, lose KD to Brooklyn, lose Iggy in a salary dump, lose Klay for the season and now Steph is gone for the next 3 months.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only this year. I guarantee that the Warriors win another title before the Cavs and that's not even debatable. You know it's true.

Also what did time vindicate here?
I get you got 3 titles and not sure what time vindicated in wiggy's comments, but what could make you so sure the Warriors win another title first? Outside the last half decade they have been so much more successful than the Cavs in your life?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Giannis makes it known that he won't re-sign? A D'Angelo/Dray package could make a lot of sense in return.
To Milwaukee for Giannis? Only if they lose their minds. Better off rebuilding than taking 2 bloated contracts like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based off of what?

tell me that this core has an actual shot of winning another title. I dont know how you could possibly say that.

Golden State does not enjoy any special advantages going forward. Both teams have owners that will spend whatever it takes.

Curry, Green and Klay arent winning another title. No Durant. Iggy is DONE. They are missing picks going forward.

The Cavs actually are building it back up.

The Warriors will win a few more playoff series before Curry and Klay and co. are gone and a total rebuild has to be complete- but they arent winning another title with the other teams that are out there that they will have to compete against.

and every year Curry just gets older (as do Dray and Klay). And i dont think there is one person out there who thinks Draymonds game will age gracefully AT ALL. lol.

its over.
Yeah...I didn't get that guarantee. Outside of the last half decade what has GS done that would make anyone think they have a better shot than the Cavs?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I guarantee it and will bet anything you like. I'm right and you're wrong, again.

Warriors are going to make plenty of moves and be contenders again before their core ages out. Cavs don't even know if they have a core. This is a lock.
congrats

But you've already scaled it back from win a title to contend.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you got 3 titles and not sure what time vindicated in wiggy's comments, but what could make you so sure the Warriors win another title first? Outside the last half decade they have been so much more successful than the Cavs in your life?

I think San Francisco is more of a destination city for NBA players than Cleveland is now. Also, the Warriors had a terrible owner before, but now they have a really good ownership group that is committed to winning.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Warrior fan since the late 1970s, I find it amusing when people refer Warrior fans as bandwagon fans. Any team that acquires star players and has success like the Warriors had over the past several years is going to attract bandwagon fans. That is why they call them bandwagon. But the Warriors have one of the most loyal fan bases in the NBA. The fans stuck with the team all through the Cohan years even selling out games and Cohan and the front office was one of the worst in the NBA. That group gave the fans every reason to abandon the team and the fans still supported the team. With Curry injured might as well tank and try to get a high lottery pick. This team wasn't going anywhere anyway this year.

Yeah, for sure. The Warriors would've folded or moved away if there weren't so many diehard fans that supported the team anyway during the Cohan years. As recently as 2007, the Warriors' diehard fan base was one of the story lines featured on nationally televised games, as the underdog Warriors took out the Mavs. It's understandable though that when a team has a lot of success, there will always be people who want to tear that team down. So what if the Warriors have/had bandwagon fans? It's actually a good sign to have those kind of fans because it means that you're winning. Sadly, those people are leaving now because of the current state of affairs, but I'll have hope that they come back one day.

Actually, I only know one bandwagon Warriors fan in real life, my wife. She wasn't a sports fan of any kind when she met me. Now she's a Warriors and Giants fan. I haven't gotten her to be a Niner fan yet, but maybe this is the year to do that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure. The Warriors would've folded or moved away if there weren't so many diehard fans that supported the team anyway during the Cohan years. As recently as 2007, the Warriors' diehard fan base was one of the story lines featured on nationally televised games, as the underdog Warriors took out the Mavs. It's understandable though that when a team has a lot of success, there will always be people who want to tear that team down. So what if the Warriors have/had bandwagon fans? It's actually a good sign to have those kind of fans because it means that you're winning. Sadly, those people are leaving now because of the current state of affairs, but I'll have hope that they come back one day.

Actually, I only know one bandwagon Warriors fan in real life, my wife. She wasn't a sports fan of any kind when she met me. Now she's a Warriors and Giants fan. I haven't gotten her to be a Niner fan yet, but maybe this is the year to do that.

lol bandwagon fans are part of sports and every single winner is gonna have 'em. weak in MY eyes, but it is what it is...

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the warriors do better than the nets next year.

Being devastated by injuries doesnt mean they dont have klay, curry, and green anymore.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol bandwagon fans are part of sports and every single winner is gonna have 'em. weak in MY eyes, but it is what it is...

Yup. You know your team has made it if they have bandwagon fans.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I would not consider your wife a bandwagon fan. If she was a fan of another team but became a fan of local team because they started winning, then I would say she was being a bandwagon fan. Success does bring new fans in. It is what happens when that team starts to lose that defines who is a bandwagon fan. I would never become a fan of another team. The only reasons I would no longer be a fan of a team is if they moved away or ownership was awful and they refused to take steps to make the team better after years of losing.

I remember when the Lakers were a 1980s powerhouse and there were Laker Jerseys everywhere in Northern California. You hardly see a Lakers jersey anymore. If lebron and Davis started a run of championships I am sure you would start seeing Lakers jerseys everywhere. It doesn't matter the team.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I would not consider your wife a bandwagon fan. If she was a fan of another team but became a fan of local team because they started winning, then I would say she was being a bandwagon fan. Success does bring new fans in. It is what happens when that team starts to lose that defines who is a bandwagon fan. I would never become a fan of another team. The only reasons I would no longer be a fan of a team is if they moved away or ownership was awful and they refused to take steps to make the team better after years of losing.

I remember when the Lakers were a 1980s powerhouse and there were Laker Jerseys everywhere in Northern California. You hardly see a Lakers jersey anymore. If lebron and Davis started a run of championships I am sure you would start seeing Lakers jerseys everywhere. It doesn't matter the team.

I remember a lot of people wearing Cowboys gear when I was in junior high and high school in Vallejo in the '90s. I even had one friend who was a Cowboys fan.

LOL. I guess my wife isn't a bandwagon fan, but she still doesn't know much about sports, so I'm not sure I can call her a true fan.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you all gotta do D Lo like this

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you all gotta do D Lo like this

I actually like D Lo. Though he was only an All Star because someone got hurt and he's not an elite NBA player, he's only 23 and has the potential to be elite one day, IMO. He could seriously benefit from a weight training program.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That criticism has always made me laugh.

It usually comes from fans of teams that no one would bandwagon.