• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors: calling the haters and lovers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a whole comment in 5 parts linked to each other dumbell! You only used one part...

That doesn't matter kid. You clearly think Steph & Klay will be leading the Warriors to titles into their late 30's. That's insane. Nobody in the NBA threads would agree with you.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the Warriors use their current TPE to dump salary was the question, which I believe you have said in the past they could do.

What can't you understand? The example I gave you includes using the TPE to damp (lots of) salary...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter kid. You clearly think Steph & Klay will be leading the Warriors to titles into their late 30's. That's insane. Nobody in the NBA threads would agree with you.

No... I don't think they'll be able to beat my Bucks, but they'll still be as good as they are and try to do it...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I don't think they'll be able to beat my Bucks, but they'll still be as good as they are and try to do it...

Hey I'm just going by what you said in comment # 57. And now you're saying something different. Good for you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can't you understand? The example I gave you includes using the TPE to damp (lots of) salary...

Ok, maybe there is some confusion here.

1) The Warriors have a current 17.5M TPE in which they can use to acquire salary/another player.

2) A TPE can also be created by sending out salary/player, without taking anything back by a team able to absorb their contract.

I'm with you on #2, which is your Rose situation. But you keep referencing how they can use their TPE (aka the Warriors current TPE as stated in #1) to dump salary.

If all you're talking about is situation 2 then yes it would be possible. But this entire time you made it seem like the Warriors would use their TPE (17.5M) to be able to dump a salary.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think they should keep green.

move him before he becomes the albatross

could be Green they will prefer to dumb instead of Wiggins... I think it will mostly depend on who they can get a better deal from the "other" side...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be Green they will prefer to dumb instead of Wiggins... I think it will mostly depend on who they can get a better deal from the "other" side...

I’d bet the Knicks would happily take green. They need that name recognition.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, maybe there is some confusion here.

1) The Warriors have a current 17.5M TPE in which they can use to acquire salary/another player.

2) A TPE can also be created by sending out salary/player, without taking anything back by a team able to absorb their contract.

I'm with you on #2, which is your Rose situation. But you keep referencing how they can use their TPE (aka the Warriors current TPE as stated in #1) to dump salary.

If all you're talking about is situation 2 then yes it would be possible. But this entire time you made it seem like the Warriors would use their TPE (17.5M) to be able to dump a salary.

No... I said (in exact words) "they'll use the TPE to damp salary" (not necessarily the whole amount - as much as they need) and also said that "they would "marry the TPE" with whose contract they decide to part with"... The other thing that I've said (implemented), is that if they were to use the TPE to add salary (which would bring them deep into the tax), they can't do it... Because if you are to hit the apron you lose all the exceptions.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d bet the Knicks would happily take green. They need that name recognition.

Yeah... but what can they give back that would interest GSW?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I said (in exact words) "they'll use the TPE to damp salary" (not necessarily the whole amount - as much as they need) and also said that "they would "marry the TPE" with whose contract they decide to part with"... The other thing that I've said (implemented), is that if they were to use the TPE to add salary (which would bring them deep into the tax), they can't do it... Because if you are to hit the apron you lose all the exceptions.

Yes, but still the Warriors, in no way shape or form, can use their OWN exemption to dump salary. It is not allowable. Once a team has a TPE, the only way they can use it is to acquire salary. The Warriors if your scenario traded for Rose, the Pistons would then send another TPE to match salaries between Rose and Wiggins to the Warriors. The Warriors would not be able to send a TPE the Piston's way.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but still the Warriors, in no way shape or form, can use their OWN exemption to dump salary. It is not allowable. Once a team has a TPE, the only way they can use it is to acquire salary. The Warriors if your scenario traded for Rose, the Pistons would then send another TPE to match salaries between Rose and Wiggins to the Warriors. The Warriors would not be able to send a TPE the Piston's way.

TPE works both ways... salary "incoming" or "outgoing"... it's only one TPE needed either way and it can come from any of the parts involved.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TPE works both ways... salary "incoming" or "outgoing"... it's only one TPE needed either way and it can come from any of the parts involved.

No, that's not how it works. The Warriors cannot send both Wiggins and their TPE to the Pistons for Rose.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not how it works. The Warriors cannot send both Wiggins and their TPE to the Pistons for Rose.

They can... Don't trust the "trade machine" at this stage, because it is still with the "pre-trade deadline" criteria stored in it...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damp means slightly wet, the word you want is dump.

Exceptions change when you hit you become a tax payer in terms of which dollar value MLE you can use. I'm not seeing any limitations for using an existing TPE regarding the tax apron.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can... Don't trust the "trade machine" at this stage, because it is still with the "pre-trade deadline" criteria stored in it...

I'm not trusting the trade machine. It's in the CBA. You cannot trade a TPE in conjunction with another player. Additionally, the TPE cannot be used to waive a portion of the outgoing player's salary, it can only be used to absorb incoming salary.

Trade exceptions are created when a team can absorb a contract. They create the TPE by sending out that TPE in an equivalent (or in some cases % above acquired salary) to the team trading the player. That TPE then can ONLY be used to acquire a player of equal or lesser salary.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damp means slightly wet, the word you want is dump.

Exceptions change when you hit you become a tax payer in terms of which dollar value MLE you can use. I'm not seeing any limitations for using an existing TPE regarding the tax apron.

He's got it backwards. He thinks the Warriors can trade Wiggins and their 17.5M TPE to the Pistons for Derrick Rose. He thinks the TPE will off-set some of Wiggins outgoing salary for some reason.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, trading Wiggins for Rose would create ANOTHER TPE for the Warriors for $21.8M.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trusting the trade machine. It's in the CBA. You cannot trade a TPE in conjunction with another player. Additionally, the TPE cannot be used to waive a portion of the outgoing player's salary, it can only be used to absorb incoming salary.

Trade exceptions are created when a team can absorb a contract. They create the TPE by sending out that TPE in an equivalent (or in some cases % above acquired salary) to the team trading the player. That TPE then can ONLY be used to acquire a player of equal or lesser salary.

That would normally be the case if it was the "Warriors of the past" on one side, but you forget that both teams I suggested won't be in the playoffs and therefore they will be able to trade "without having to obey the 125% matching salary rule"...