• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors: calling the haters and lovers

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is beyond obvious, I'm done telling bucky the sky is blue.

No... you are saying that the sky is brown!

Look... repeaters is the 4th out of the later five... Next season, it will be the 3rd out of the later 4 if they go into the tax, this season being the only one under the threshold out of the later four... It means that for all the seasons that follow they will be paying both lux + repeaters...

While if they save the next season only, they have another three following that they save the repeaters tax, although they will be over the lux threshold...

Therefore you want to throw three seasons money (over 200M) out of the window and condemn the team's future for ever!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how they will use the TPE to dump salary (assuming that was the misspelling in that sentence, and not damp celery). Trade exceptions are allowances to take IN salary without giving up salary, the actual reverse of what you are suggesting.

no... TPE's work both ways... in or out money. But if you hit the apron, you lose all exceptions (along with many other privileges).

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... you are saying that the sky is brown!

Look... repeaters is the 4th out of the later five... Next season, it will be the 3rd out of the later 4 if they go into the tax, this season being the only one under the threshold out of the later four... It means that for all the seasons that follow they will be paying both lux + repeaters...

While if they save the next season only, they have another three following that they save the repeaters tax, although they will be over the lux threshold...

Therefore you want to throw three seasons money (over 200M) out of the window and condemn the team's future for ever!
You figure that they can just add youth and voila they will automatically develop to be as good as Curry and Klay. You fail to realize that hitting on talent like this is fairly rare (how many title runs have the Bucks made in the last 40 years?). You have to move while you've got the goods, there are no guarantees that the chance is coming again any time soon.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dump salary (assuming that was the misspelling in that sentence, and not damp celery).
Part of buckalis' lack of vowel control.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You figure that they can just add youth and voila they will automatically develop to be as good as Curry and Klay.

That's you saying, not me. I have replied all I have to say before... But you keep asking to go in circles repeating the same and then come up throwing insults all over the place...

A behavior of a moron perhaps?

What "logic" says?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's you saying, not me. I have replied all I have to say before... But you keep asking to go in circles repeating the same and then come up throwing insults all over the place...

A behavior of a moron perhaps?

What "logic" says?
You are the one that keeps saying that they need to stay under the cap and get young guys to develop. We just disagree as I think that you need to go for it when you have the talent and not wait, especially when they are 30 or over.

And what insults have I thrown; I believe that is you flinging slanders, not I.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry and Thompson are still young enough to go for another five titles after the next season.
Curry will be 32 at the start of next season. So he's going to be playing at that high a level when he's 38!? And Klay at 36? That I would wager against.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that keeps saying that they need to stay under the cap and get young guys to develop.

Of course they do, what other solution there is if you already have a roster capable to keep you "up there" but it's aging and you have a new arena that you need to secure being filled up for the next ...billion of years (or until the sun turns off)?

We just disagree as I think that you need to go for it when you have the talent and not wait, especially when they are 30 or over.

You "think" without thinking though... you are not alone in this league and you are coming in from "nowhere" in a new, unknown to you, very different than before environment in which, you haven't "measured" (the new) you against first...

Therefore you are thinking nonsense and keep coming back in circles.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do, what other solution there is if you already have a roster capable to keep you "up there" but it's aging and you have a new arena that you need to secure being filled up for the next ...billion of years (or until the sun turns off)?
Yes, you need to get young guys to develop in the long term, but not to count on in their window of opportunity to win a championship. These young guys can't be counted for significant contribution for 3 years and it is still somewhat of a crap shoot. By that time the Warriors window will be closed, they need pieces that can help now while Steph and Clay are still playing at a top level.
You "think" without thinking though... you are not alone in this league and you are coming in from "nowhere" in a new, unknown to you, very different than before environment...

Therefore you are thinking nonsense and keep coming back in circles.
This is very funny coming from a person who has been proven wrong in a vastly greater number of instances than he has even been close to right. You keep spouting off like you have some greater knowledge then everyone else, like you are some insider that sees things no one else can. And then you keep falling on your face. But you also keep telling everyone (and yourself) that you didn't fall and the black and blue marks aren't bruises and that they are actually on us not on you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: One more thing, the TPE you can "kiss it goodbye" if they hit the apron, therefore they'll use the TPE to damp salary.

Can you please explain how in the world the Warriors can use their TPE to dump salary?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you know something... cropping out a part of a statement, which completely alters the meaning of what is said (which in reality is that they will be the same good as they now are for another 5 seasons), is what a troll only knows to do well...

It only proves the troll being additionally a moron! But then again... I guess all trolls are morons!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know something... cropping out a part of a statement, which completely alters the meaning of what is said (which in reality is that they will be the same good as they now are for another 5 seasons), is what a troll only knows to do well...

It only proves the troll being additionally a moron! But then again... I guess all trolls are morons!
There is no way on earth that Steph and Clay will be as good in 5 years as they are now (unless you mean as they are right this moment injured, not at this point in their career in general)

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please explain how in the world the Warriors can use their TPE to dump salary?

You want an example? (only for example purposes)...

They could for instance trade Wiggins to the Pistons (who can absorb lots of salary next season) for (expiring next season) Derrick Rose... Then resign Rose to an extension for the 21/22 season (after they go into the tax) and keep him alongside their other vets.

If they can also get a young prospect next to Rose, then even the better...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read your own comment, # 57. You responded to citysushi by saying exactly this- Curry & Thompson are still young enough to go for another 5 titles after the next season.

And you have a screw loose thinking Steph & Klay will be winning titles into their late 30's. You dumbbell

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want an example? (only for example purposes)...

They could for instance trade Wiggins to the Pistons (who can absorb lots of salary next season) for (expiring next season) Derrick Rose... Then resign Rose to an extension for the 21/22 season (after they go into the tax) and keep him alongside their other vets.

If they can also get a young prospect next to Rose, then even the better...

How can the Warriors use their current TPE to dump salary was the question, which I believe you have said in the past they could do.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your own comment, # 57. You responded to citysushi by saying exactly this- Curry & Thompson are still young enough to go for another 5 titles after the next season.

And you have a screw loose thinking Steph & Klay will be winning titles into their late 30's. You dumbbell

It is a whole comment in 5 parts linked to each other dumbell! You only used one part...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risking a flaming but I don't care.

Lotta smart posters here, plus Wiggy, so I wanted to ask the board:

Should the Ws stand pat this summer with Wiggins as their wing player, use their picks to trade for a center? Use them in the draft? Trade Wiggins and picks for an even better wing (is anyone available)? Trade them for bench depth?

I'd be curious to hear what y'all would do if GM of the Ws. I'll give my ideas as well.

wiggins and this draft are trash.

if you can add that missing piece with those 2 things, you do it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even think they should keep green.

move him before he becomes the albatross