• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors: calling the haters and lovers

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, trading Wiggins for Rose would create ANOTHER TPE for the Warriors for $21.8M.

So what? Even the better!

When will it expire?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would normally be the case if it was the "Warriors of the past" on one side, but you forget that both teams I suggested won't be in the playoffs and therefore they will be able to trade "without having to obey the 125% matching salary rule"...

What does having to be in the playoffs have anything to do with having to obey the 125% matching salary rule. That rule applies to tax and non-tax teams, not playoff or non playoff teams.

Dude stop just making stuff up.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does having to be in the playoffs have anything to do with having to obey the 125% matching salary rule. That rule applies to tax and non-tax teams, not playoff or non playoff teams.

But the Pistons are under the soft cap after the books for this season will close!

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals that expire next summer.

picks?

No... GSW won't have the slightest interested in adding expiring contracts or to add future picks after all the youth they will add this summer... They have a few young ones they kept in their 2-way and regular and also have 2 lottery picks this summer, as well as "testing" more youth with 10-day contracts they've added as we speak... Clearly their aim is to add proven (to them) youth next to their vet Stars...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... GSW won't have the slightest interested in adding expiring contracts or to add future picks after all the youth they will add this summer.
Is this part of a larger conversation or are we allowed to quote you on this in the future?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this part of a larger conversation or are we allowed to quote you on this in the future?

It's not "my" thread... I wouldn't bring up a subject like that after I have quoted the creators of the thread several times on the same subject...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not "my" thread... I wouldn't bring up a subject like that after I have quoted the creators of the thread several times on the same subject...
What? Does this make sense to even you, the author?
I asked a simple questions and you throw out some convoluted garbage about whose thread it is!?
Can we quote your post or not, when yet again you are proven wrong or will you claim it is part of a conversation (which you think somehow absolves your quotes of being wrong)?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely hilarious.

let’s see, who is right here?

@CitySushi, or @buckalis?

Tough call.

Look at Bucky just making stuff up. CBA rules, quotes, whatever. He just pulls stuff randomly out of his ass.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hung on a minute...

I was wrong that the TPE works both ways, I was confused by the fact that a deal like the one I proposed as an example, does in fact work... but mind you, in most cases teams had huge TPE available in the past, they didn't use it, or only used a part of it, because there was nothing on the market that would worth spending upon...

Therefore I guess that the FO has the TPE and the big contract they will have to trade in order to damp salary complete separate in their minds... They would proceed to add youth and assets next to their star vets and then, after damping salary and depending of the cap space that is remaining before they meet the lux tax threshold, they will use what part of the TPE they can to trade during the midseason.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they aren't going to dump salary, they are going to damp salary.
Buckalis really should be able to control his vowels by his age.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hung on a minute...

I was wrong that the TPE works both ways, I was confused by the fact that a deal like the one I proposed as an example, does in fact work... but mind you, in most cases teams had huge TPE available in the past, they didn't use it, or only used a part of it, because there was nothing on the market that would worth spending upon...

Therefore I guess that the FO has the TPE and the big contract they will have to trade in order to damp salary complete separate in their minds... They would proceed to add youth and assets next to their star vets and then, after damping salary and depending of the cap space that is remaining before they meet the lux tax threshold, they will use what part of the TPE they can to trade during the midseason.

upload_2020-2-28_5-52-48.png

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: I’m either clearing salary to sign a superstar for summer 2021 or I’m hoping for Boston to beat mil in round 2 so Giannis asks out and you happen to have the high pick (plus multiple other picks) to give yourself a shot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: I’m either clearing salary to sign a superstar for summer 2021 or I’m hoping for Boston to beat mil in round 2 so Giannis asks out and you happen to have the high pick (plus multiple other picks) to give yourself a shot.

I doubt Giannis would ask to be traded. I think he'll give it this year and next.

But if they don't make the finals this year or next, I think he'll be gone via FA.