• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and Memphis

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked HB's aggressiveness on both ends....Draymond was more focused and had a nice game...and it was good to see DLee getting involved too. They did a great job of neutralizing ZBo, Conley & Courtney Lee.
The task at hand now is to bring that same intensity with them to Oracle tomorrow night...and to keep bringing it all game long.

*Dubs still had 21 TO's......that number absolutely needs to come down in game 5.

Didn't see the numbers, but it appeared Klay Thompson had a number of TOs last night.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the numbers, but it appeared Klay Thompson had a number of TOs last night.

Klay only had 3....Steph & Bogut had 4 each.....but Draymond had {gasp} 7.....yikes!
But thank goodness he, and a few others had a good game on defense, and on the glass.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Green went on a TO binge last night. He had a number of them in one small stretch. Luckily it was when we'd built up a good lead and none of them, it seemed, were directly converted into Memphis points. As good as Curry was last night, our defense won the game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay only had 3....Steph & Bogut had 4 each.....but Draymond had {gasp} 7.....yikes!
But thank goodness he, and a few others had a good game on defense, and on the glass.

Didn't remember Draymond had that many. Wow. Really good game on defense. Didn't GSW force a good number of turnovers?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors had a fantastic defensive performance last night. Give Kerr and his staff major props for all the adjustments they made in this game. I saw numerous different defensive adjustments and a few minor offensive adjustments as well.

Defensively, the Warriors switched Bogut on Allen. They let Bogut be the rover and the Grizzlies pretty much played 4 on 5 offense when Allen was in the game. Another thing was I mentioned the Grizzlies had Gasol much more in motion to counteract Draymond's defensive abilities. The Warriors countered Gasol's interior play by doubling him from the top and pretty much daring the Grizzlies to outshoot the Warriors.

Offensively, we saw much more action going towards the basket. In the previous game, the ball movement was all along the perimeter. In this game, we saw much more dribble penetration and kick outs. We also saw a number of back cut options. Even if the Warriors didn't connect on the back cuts, it frees up additional room on the perimeter when the players run through to the opposite side. It created much more spacing, which helped the Warriors shooters.

We have a series now. Best of 3 with 2 at Roaracle. I'll take that.

"Sky is Falling" fans can relax for a minute.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors had a fantastic defensive performance last night. Give Kerr and his staff major props for all the adjustments they made in this game. I saw numerous different defensive adjustments and a few minor offensive adjustments as well.

Defensively, the Warriors switched Bogut on Allen. They let Bogut be the rover and the Grizzlies pretty much played 4 on 5 offense when Allen was in the game. Another thing was I mentioned the Grizzlies had Gasol much more in motion to counteract Draymond's defensive abilities. The Warriors countered Gasol's interior play by doubling him from the top and pretty much daring the Grizzlies to outshoot the Warriors.

Offensively, we saw much more action going towards the basket. In the previous game, the ball movement was all along the perimeter. In this game, we saw much more dribble penetration and kick outs. We also saw a number of back cut options. Even if the Warriors didn't connect on the back cuts, it frees up additional room on the perimeter when the players run through to the opposite side. It created much more spacing, which helped the Warriors shooters.

We have a series now. Best of 3 with 2 at Roaracle. I'll take that.

"Sky is Falling" fans can relax for a minute.

Great post. Yea, they dared the Allen to shoot and it worked. The Grizzlies do the same thing with Curry. There are always two people following Curry. Curry found the open guys often. Can't also underestimate the importance of AI and Barnes hitting open shots. Memphis is going to try and force GS to do that

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this from the other blog....

"Even though we're playing each other, just wanted to let you guys know how much most of Grizznation likes the Warriors. After the last game, Steph and some other Dubs players were at a famous diner on Beale. Despite losing, he still took some time out to take pictures with fans. Grizz fans chanted M-V-P for him since he was looking down, and then he even bought dinner for a few Dubs and Grizz fans as well. He's a class act. Him & Klay are great faces for the Warriors for years to come.

If the Grizz win the series, we all hope you guys will root for us.
If you guys win, Grizz nation will be rooting for you guys to take down the Clips."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a helluva a post, koblix, and might I say you are looking good these days. No, seriously, I can't believe that Curry is that good of a guy. Well, I can, but it's awesome to hear that he was in the frame of mind after that tough loss. Yes, "class act" all the way.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this from the other blog....

"Even though we're playing each other, just wanted to let you guys know how much most of Grizznation likes the Warriors. After the last game, Steph and some other Dubs players were at a famous diner on Beale. Despite losing, he still took some time out to take pictures with fans. Grizz fans chanted M-V-P for him since he was looking down, and then he even bought dinner for a few Dubs and Grizz fans as well. He's a class act. Him & Klay are great faces for the Warriors for years to come.

If the Grizz win the series, we all hope you guys will root for us.
If you guys win, Grizz nation will be rooting for you guys to take down the Clips."

That's a helluva a post, koblix, and might I say you are looking good these days. No, seriously, I can't believe that Curry is that good of a guy. Well, I can, but it's awesome to hear that he was in the frame of mind after that tough loss. Yes, "class act" all the way.

Koblix, seems like you have an admirer with that avatar pic you got going. That Steph Curry guy though is awesome. He's a Riel Warrior. Amirite?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do miss when Koblix is gone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the spontaneity of suddenly seeing her on a sports forum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Houston beat LA tonight..........

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Kerr has gone to basically an 8 man rotation. The starters plus Andre, Livingston and Lee should be able to get the job done. The Warriors have had plenty of rest this season and the starter should be able to go deeper into games.

Bogut also had some xrays taken on his ribs. Came back negative but still something to watch out for. I think Ezeli may get some run tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut has had his hands full with Memphis. I don't think he's played all that well. Plus, he's given the Dubs almost no offense. We have to force them to guard Bogut. Bogut has to be somewhat of a threat to score. I'm not saying we need to push the ball down to him 10 times a game, but he has to be seen as a threat to make the defense play him honestly.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked HB's aggressiveness on both ends....Draymond was more focused and had a nice game...and it was good to see DLee getting involved too. They did a great job of neutralizing ZBo, Conley & Courtney Lee.
The task at hand now is to bring that same intensity with them to Oracle tomorrow night...and to keep bringing it all game long.

*Dubs still had 21 TO's......that number absolutely needs to come down in game 5.

I don't want to be an I told you so....but.....lol

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut has had his hands full with Memphis. I don't think he's played all that well. Plus, he's given the Dubs almost no offense. We have to force them to guard Bogut. Bogut has to be somewhat of a threat to score. I'm not saying we need to push the ball down to him 10 times a game, but he has to be seen as a threat to make the defense play him honestly.

:lol:
That's like saying a good baseball team needs it's pitcher to hit .285 & drive in runs to win ball games....when all they have to really do is pitch well.

Bogut is only there to protect the rim (block or alter shots in the paint), rebound, set picks, and for his passing skills. Any points from him is usually just icing on the cake.

C'mon Man!!