• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and Memphis

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as a must win. If they lose, the games are 2-1 in favor of Memphis. Then, the Dubs just win game 4 to tie it up 2-2, same as when the series started at 0-0.

If Memphis was the team who'd won 67 games this season, I'd say that this would be a "must-win" game.

I gotta tell ya, this is one "happnen" website. Something tells me that there's another Warrior website out there.
Ya, Its a shame such a great team is so under-appreciated.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stunning collapse. the Grizzlies imposed their will on a weak and inneffectual Warrior team. They were dominated and played scared. they are done. Its a shame to see the season end like this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got dominated (again) be a superior defensive team. Also, Bogut just cannot wait to pass the ball 30 feet away rather than put up a 4 foot shot.

But, Memphis is just so good at challenging every shot...every pass even. It's time our coaches made some changes to get our offense rolling better.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was feeling OK until I saw the look of confusion and defeat oin Curry's face during his post game interview. I've never seen that. He knows they cannot win this.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're only down 2-1....what the fuck are you talking about, retardo montalban????
They've been dominated. They are playing tight and when you play tight, the first thing to go is the shooting stroke. And have you ever seen them play this stupidly? They'll lose again tomorrow being held under 90 again. They will win one last game at home and then get blown out in game six to end the series

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that they're playing "stupidly". Memphis knows where they're going to throw the ball before it gets there. They're just sitting there waiting for the passes. They've done some great scouting. Also, about the missed shots, other than some open threes from Curry (missed) early on, after that, here weren't very many open looks from anyone, whether from 3 or otherwise. Memphis is putting the clamps on us, and I do find it hard to be positive about the series right now. But, just as Cleveland was down 2-1 against Chicago and on the road, we too can win this game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that they're playing "stupidly". Memphis knows where they're going to throw the ball before it gets there. They're just sitting there waiting for the passes. They've done some great scouting. Also, about the missed shots, other than some open threes from Curry (missed) early on, after that, here weren't very many open looks from anyone, whether from 3 or otherwise. Memphis is putting the clamps on us, and I do find it hard to be positive about the series right now. But, just as Cleveland was down 2-1 against Chicago and on the road, we too can win this game.

No. They are playing stupidly. The ball ovement is forced when it does happen resulting in stupid turnovers and the one on one play while others stand around has reared its ugly head again, just like in the Mark Jackson era.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with this. Memphis has played really well defensively, especially in the half court set. Low scoring, grind out game favors Memphis. GS had better find a way to adjust.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Kerr's inexperience as a coach is showing a bit here. There were no adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2, because the Warriors won in a route and looked pretty good in game 1. Game 3 we did see a few adjustments but not enough to counteract what Memphis is doing.

Joeger has done a good job on his adjustments. One in particular I saw is that they're getting Gasol moving in the offense, with high-low cuts and off ball cuts to the strong side. Those are more difficult for a guy like Draymond to guard because of the size discrepancy. In game 1 Gasol just tried to overpower Draymond who does a good job leveraging against bigs. The Draymond's strength and leveraging is counteracted with Gasol moving because Draymond can't get there in time to establish his position and Gasol's height and skill are prevalent.

Defense is actually not the problem though. Offensively, there was more ball movement, but it was mechanical movement. There wasn't a huge amount of flow, which the Warriors thrive off of.

Two adjustments I would like to see from the Warriors is more early transition offense and high low back cuts.

The Grizzlies are a good defensive team and have done well in transition. The more the Warriors are able to get out even after made buckets to get looks in the first 8-10 seconds will be a plus. Once the Grizzlies are established defensively, it makes buckets much harder to come by.

Also, the Grizzlies perimeter defenders are pressing up against our guys because they have the back line defense to rely on. When they overplay, we're going to need to have guys using this aggression against them and finding some back cuts. The ball should flow through the top by the bigs, to try and pull guys like Gasol and Zbo away from the basket. We need to utilize our bigs passing to get some things going towards the hoop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, CityS. Three things I'd like to mention.

Bogut has got to try to put up some of these short baskets...the ones where he's passing up a 3 foot shot and instead passing the ball out to someone for a 3-pointer. Gasol's production along with Bogut's lack thereof are hard to ignore. I understand that Gasol is a much better offensive threat than Bogut, but Bogut has got to be willing to put up shots off of rebounds when he's 2-3 feet from the basket. I think that Bogut is worried about being put on the foul line maybe.

Secondly, not that I'm specifically advocating for it, but it was reasoned that David Lee might get some playing time during this Memphis series....bigs playing against Memphis' bigs. But, he's logged very few minutes during this series. Are we just deciding to "go small" against Memphis at the risk of being taken advantage of by both Gasol and Randolf?

Thirdly, I agree that Kerr has not made the appropriate adjustments against Memphis between games 2 and 3. Or, if he did, they didn't work. Game 3 looked and felt just like game 2...like we never had a run in us....that run that we always seem to have against every opponent that changes the complexion of the game and leads to another Warrior win. The Warriors have not overcome the hard doubling of Curry at the top of the key. The other 4 Warriors aren't winning the 4 on 3 battle against the Grizzlies. I also think that Curry should try to split the double team if he can. As adept a ball-handler as Curry is, he needs to get to the point where he can split double teams. People like CP3, Irving, Lebron and D-Rose seem to be better able to do this as opposed to Curry.

Thoughts welcomed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win tonight and statement game. They played defense with intensity and took it to the Griz tonight. I liked the Warriors defensive strategy early. Double the bigs down low and force the guards to beat you. Their guards couldn't hit the outside jumpers and the Ws capitalized. Nice game by Barnes and Green early

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry really showed up big tonight . Huge win for Warriors to tie the series at 2-2.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I've wanted a game this bad. We definitely changed up the defensive scheme and their outside shooters just came up short, to put it mildly. The Warriors had some balanced scoring other than Curry's 33. It was thoroughly great to see them dominate the Grizz on their home court. We quieted those bunch of rednecks. I'm sorry, but I'm from the south, therefore it's okay for me to call them rednecks. I have to deal with rednecks often here where I live.

It's nice to be able to breathe! Go Dubs!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been dominated. They are playing tight and when you play tight, the first thing to go is the shooting stroke. And have you ever seen them play this stupidly? They'll lose again tomorrow being held under 90 again. They will win one last game at home and then get blown out in game six to end the series

:pound:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice game from AI9...chipping in 11 pts, including 3-5 from 3-pt range.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked HB's aggressiveness on both ends....Draymond was more focused and had a nice game...and it was good to see DLee getting involved too. They did a great job of neutralizing ZBo, Conley & Courtney Lee.
The task at hand now is to bring that same intensity with them to Oracle tomorrow night...and to keep bringing it all game long.

*Dubs still had 21 TO's......that number absolutely needs to come down in game 5.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is happier than I that the Dubs won but I did not feel good about that win even though they won handily. The sloppiness and carelessness with the ball and getting domnated on the glass don't bode well for future games. It semed that the Griz had second shot after second shot last night but could not put them down.

Bottom line is that the Dubs must, absolutely must, shoot well to win. And they've GOT to cut down on the silly turnovers.