• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Warriors and Memphis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what. The GS coaches did a great job of turning this series around beginning in game 4. Our coaching situation last year wouldn't have been able to pull this off, with Jackson firing 2 of his assistants.

I think if we get L.A., we win in 7. If Houston, we win in 5 or 6.

I think this year will be just like the 75-76 year when no one had GS winning it all. My brother was a big Rick Barry fan back then. I was just 12, though I played b-ball all day long back then.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It was a 5 point swing and cost the Grizzlies a shot at winning the game.

6 Point swing if they consider it a foul and Green is in the act of shooting. That's 3 freethrows for the Grizz. With no foul, Curry was able to hit the 3 pointer from juuuuuust a bit beyond the 3 point line. Instead of 3 potential points for Grizz, it's 3 points for the Warriors. 6 point swing, imo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it 3 FTs for the Grizzlies? The contested shot that AI9 defended against wasn't in 3-pt range, right? I think you were listening to the announcers, who also had it wrong.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it 3 FTs for the Grizzlies? The contested shot that AI9 defended against wasn't in 3-pt range, right? I think you were listening to the announcers, who also had it wrong.

Video shows Green was well beyond the 3 point line. If he was fouled in the act of shooting, beyond the 3 point line, that's 3 free throws.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I just looked it up on youtube and saw it was a 3-pointer......or that Green was outside of the 3-pt line. I tried to edit my post, but my 5 minutes was up.

If Green had extended his arms and the ball to actually make a shot attempt, it would have forced the refs to make a call. But, it seems like he just dropped the ball.

Anyway, my bad.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grizzlies might have had a legitimate complaint that it should have been called a jump ball if not a foul. Green pretty much came back down to the ground while being tied up before the ball squeaks free. It's pretty bang-bang either way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised it's taken Curry so long to hit one of those long last second shots. He shoots enough of them.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I just looked it up on youtube and saw it was a 3-pointer......or that Green was outside of the 3-pt line. I tried to edit my post, but my 5 minutes was up.

If Green had extended his arms and the ball to actually make a shot attempt, it would have forced the refs to make a call. But, it seems like he just dropped the ball.

Anyway, my bad.
FYI.....the edit window was extended from 5 min to 10 back in February.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it actually did read that my 10 minute edit window had expired, but I was unaware of the change. I didn't know we had anyone dealing with any of these types of details on the site.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 Point swing if they consider it a foul and Green is in the act of shooting. That's 3 freethrows for the Grizz. With no foul, Curry was able to hit the 3 pointer from juuuuuust a bit beyond the 3 point line. Instead of 3 potential points for Grizz, it's 3 points for the Warriors. 6 point swing, imo.
Ah yes. I see that you are right. I forgot that had the foul been considered to have occurred while in the act of shooting, then Green would have got 3 foul shots. I was thinking it was a foul on the floor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
That's like saying a good baseball team needs it's pitcher to hit .285 & drive in runs to win ball games....when all they have to really do is pitch well.

Bogut is only there to protect the rim (block or alter shots in the paint), rebound, set picks, and for his passing skills. Any points from him is usually just icing on the cake.

C'mon Man!!

If Bogut gets just 6-8 pts per game in the Cleveland series, we're up 3-0. You were 100% wrong on Bogut and this argument of yours that we don't need him scoring. It was fine against lesser opponents when we squeaked by and won. Not quite as good when we're down 2-1 in the finals and Bogut has looked abysmal, inept, confused and like a sissy on offense.

So, all of your arguments after this post here (which were many, many adamant posts), were basically WRONG. You need to "man up" here and admit that you got this "Bogut doesn't need to score" crap wrong. It's not going to make me any less correct if you don't, but it would make you look a bit more honest and forthright.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bogut gets just 6-8 pts per game in the Cleveland series, we're up 3-0. You were 100% wrong on Bogut and this argument of yours that we don't need him scoring. It was fine against lesser opponents when we squeaked by and won. Not quite as good when we're down 2-1 in the finals and Bogut has looked abysmal, inept, confused and like a sissy on offense.

So, all of your arguments after this post here (which were many, many adamant posts), were basically WRONG. You need to "man up" here and admit that you got this "Bogut doesn't need to score" crap wrong. It's not going to make me any less correct if you don't, but it would make you look a bit more honest and forthright.

GTFO...

Are you for real??? LOL @ You.

I got your "Man Up" hangin' right here, sweetheart...

When Klay & Steph go into long droughts and the rest of the team doesn't feel like showing up...that's where blame should be placed...Not on the friggin Center who was never asked to score in this type of offense all yr long anyway.

I'll reiterate slowly for you.....b/c you seem a tad dense.
He's there to RB........set screens..... protect the rim, blocking shots.... and his passing from the high post.

Any points generated by him is gravy....but the other guys need to score too...and they need to hit their FT's and stop turning the fucking ball over ad nauseum.

WOW
JUST WOW.

What kind of meds are you on??...and why are you in this thread, not the cavs thread??

Get real,dude.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any center can rebound, set screens and protect the rim. Also, most can average more than 3.3 ppg in the finals series. You're wrong, and it's sad that you're too proud to admit it.

You aren't just a bit embarrassed seeing him pass the ball from 2-6 feet from the rim to someone 25 feet out? Bogut is hurting the team, plain and simple. With the amount of pressure on the top scorers for GS, he doesn't need to be passing up wide open 2-8 foot shots. He needs to be capitalizing on his few opportunities. You couldn't be more prideful and wrong. See if anyone supports you at this point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, how would the Dubs be doing in this series if we had Mosgov and his stats versus Bogut? Check out their stats and see if it's such a strange idea that POINTS SCORED MATTERS. Mosgov matches Bogut in every category, but he is averaging 10 more ppg than Bogut. But, as you say, the amount of points that a center gets "doesn't matter." "Centers are just there to set screens, rebound and protect the rim." LOL

Bogut has been outplayed in an enormous way by every center he's faced thus far, from Anthony Davis, to Marc Gasol to Dwight Howard to journeyman Timofey Mosgov. Hell, Cleveland's backup center Tristan Thompson is outplaying Bogut as well. What more do you need?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In seven different categories (stats) for centers in the league, (scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks, turnovers, Free Throws, Steals, Bogut is in the top ten in only 2 categories, 6th in assists and 10th in blocks. It's not as though he's just so outstanding in some areas that "points don't matter." He's not "outstanding" in any area given his statistics. He's just the center who happens to play for a great team. Put one of 10-15 other centers on the Warriors' team this year and we're a better team. Additionally, many power forwards could do a better job overall than Bogut. Also, many of these players on other teams are paid far less than Bogut's inflated salary. Bogut is on his way out as soon as the Dubs can get rid of him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoga. Given that you've got 38 times the number of posts than I have, your argument about Bogut is so weak and unsupported that no one on this website has stepped forward on your behalf....on behalf of your "Bogut doesn't need to score" argument. I think this pretty much concludes that no one believes in your argument. Out of respect for you and your years of being on this website, no one has told you that you are wrong. But, I'd think that if I was wrong, if me of the "549" posts as of yesterday, the little French Louisianian who maintains that Bogut's lack of offense is hurting the team, that someone other than you would tell me that I was wrong...that they disagree with me. But, as you see, no one has come forth. Bogut has become almost a liability on the court....thus his 19 minutes played in game 3.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....STFU!!!
OMG.
What the hell is your major malfunction?....stop the stalking & trolling.

You're splitting hairs out of desperation to prove a point which is baseless and ridiculous.

btw: unfortunately no one comes to this site, which is why no one is else is chiming in.

So knock off the silly obsession....and try to understand what's really going on, if you're able.

The cause for their subpar play is a myriad of things.

BOGUT.IS.NOT.THE.PROBLEM.

Capisce???

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....STFU!!!
OMG.
What the hell is your major malfunction?....stop the stalking & trolling.

You're splitting hairs out of desperation to prove a point which is baseless and ridiculous.

btw: unfortunately no one comes to this site, which is why no one is else is chiming in.

So knock off the silly obsession....and try to understand what's really going on, if you're able.

The cause for their subpar play is a myriad of things.

BOGUT.IS.NOT.THE.PROBLEM.

Capisce???

You clearly don't understand basketball. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem, and Tim Duncan all scored as a center. By transitive property, Bogut should score points because these guys did.

If Bogut scored 25 a game, the Warriors would have already won the championship. They would have just skipped game 4 because it would have just been a formality. Get your head out of your ass Yoga and learn how basketball works.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand basketball. If Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem, and Tim Duncan all scored as a center. By transitive property, Bogut should score points because these guys did.

If Bogut scored 25 a game, the Warriors would have already won the championship. They would have just skipped game 4 because it would have just been a formality. Get your head out of your ass Yoga and learn how basketball works.

I know, right??

:L

sheeeesh....what was I thinking.

:lol: