• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp stiffs waitress

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tip perfectly well is it's earned. I'm just not willing to pretend being shit at your job is acceptable. It's not, and it doesn't deserve to be rewarded.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tip perfectly well is it's earned. I'm just not willing to pretend being shit at your job is acceptable. It's not, and it doesn't deserve to be rewarded.

I agree and a guy like Geno Smith shouldnt make any money

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I somewhat agree JD. Usually the best make the most money and that should be motivation enough.

All I am saying is that no one is going to give 110%...100% of the time. Do you ever slack at work? Ever? Are you always going above and beyond every second of every minute of the day? I doubt it... And neither do I. No one does. But how would like you react if your $300 dollar a day salary got cut to $30 on the days you didn't feel like doing any more that is reasonably expected of you??

Servers should get paid a reasonable tip for bringing your food, filling up your drinks, and cleaning up your mess. Smiling, shaking their ass, and kissing your ass (which at some times is annoying IMO) gets extra.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat agree JD. Usually the best make the most money and that should be motivation enough.

All I am saying is that no one is going to give 110%...100% of the time. Do you ever slack at work? Ever? Are you always going above and beyond every second of every minute of the day? I doubt it... And neither do I. No one does. But how would like you react if your $300 dollar a day salary got cut to $30 on the days you didn't feel like doing squat.

Servers should get paid a reasonable tip for bringing your food, filling up your drinks, and cleaning up your mess. Smiling, shaking their ass, and kissing your ass (which at some times is annoying IMO) gets extra.

Great post

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I am saying is that no one is going to give 110%...100% of the time. Do you ever slack at work? Ever? Are you always going above and beyond every second of every minute of the day? I doubt it... And neither do I. No one does. But how would like you react if your $300 dollar a day salary got cut to $30 on the days you didn't feel like doing any more that is reasonably expected of you??

I slack off at work as much as I can. Once the bossman yells 10 ormore times I pretend to go back to work. But then again I dont work for tips, just peanuts

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post
Not really a great post. The idea is that a server does a job serving drinks,food, etc. It is not like he/she are going out of their way to help you. It is what they are supposed to do. It would be better if they were just paid without tips so they don't have to beg and put shit on the internet .

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their whole job is what is reasonably expected of them. Every last bit of it. If they don't earn a tip they don't get to complain about it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your tips go down 90%, its because youre probably only giving 10% of what you normally give.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slack off at work as much as I can. Once the bossman yells 10 ormore times I pretend to go back to work. But then again I dont work for tips, just peanuts

You sell cars, dont you Sonny?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a great post. The idea is that a server does a job serving drinks,food, etc. It is not like he/she are going out of their way to help you. It is what they are supposed to do. It would be better if they were just paid without tips so they don't have to beg and put shit on the internet .

This would punish the great servers that consistently make over 20%. They fare much better than making a flat rate with no tips.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is life not hard enough were I have to get involved in people's job evaluation?

How often when a waiter gets screwed on a tip does it really help? Do they ever see it as something they did? Probably not.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is life not hard enough were I have to get involved in people's job evaluation?

How often when a waiter gets screwed on a tip does it really help? Do they ever see it as something they did? Probably not.

Really good point! Not only that but if someone stiffs a server, it isn't wise to go back to that same restaurant.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would punish the great servers that consistently make over 20%. They fare much better than making a flat rate with no tips.
Yes it would and I give them up to 70% when I tip. The issue is that servers expect the bottom- line tip regardless of how they do the job . That is :bullshit:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to see it as their fault. The ones who are consistently shitty won't make enough to live on and no one will have to deal with them. But you guys keep them around by giving them a bonus for doing a shitty job.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sell cars, dont you Sonny?

You are once again correct sir . I have been GM last 25 years so the owner knows how I perform. Once a customer comes in, we are like actors on stage, Showtime. If the customers don't like us , then they don't buy. I work around corner from Bryant college and like 10 years back, that's where the Patriots used to practice,so they would be in all the time. The only one that I did not care for was Ty Law, too cocky. Troy Brown, Chris Slade, Willie Mcginnest, Duane Saab and Joe Andruzzi really cool guys. Joe let me put his ring on from 2nd SB and thing was like 2 inches wide. Randy Moss lives next town over in Lincoln and gonna coach his son's football team, he will be a JR next year, but their team blows. Dan Koppen is going to be an asst at my son's football team Bishop Hendricken. Div 1 State champs 4 years in a row

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here in the state of Washington waiters, waitresses, bartenders and so on get paid 9.20ish an hour. At least that's what my 18 year old cousin makes working at Red Robin as a waitress. Most weekends she brings home 300+ dollars with tips.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bull shit.

If you can't tell the difference between good service and shit service, I don't know what to tell ya. If you go out to eat at all, the difference is readily apparent and should be tipped and acknowledged accordingly.

It's called the SERVICE industry for a reason. You should tip according to the type of service you receive but you should also be aware of the reasonable tipping guidelines in the year 2014. 18-20% is STANDARD for excellent service. Whether you agree with that or not is entirely another debate, IMO.

A server is supposed to do their job serving you but attitude, promptness, anticipation and efficiency all play a huge role in what makes an above average server.

I've been in Hospitality for all my life, trained all sorts of front and back of the house employees and there is a HUGE difference between a great and mediocre employee. NO different than ANY industry.

While I agree, social media shouldn't have been used, it's used for everything else so it's sort of fair game these days. I would have a sit down with the employee about appropriate behavior and include a written warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3