• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp stiffs waitress

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She should have been fired on the spot.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of jobs SonnyCid can yo get me one at Boeing?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would and I give them up to 70% when I tip. The issue is that servers expect the bottom- line tip regardless of how they do the job . That is :bullshit:

Other than being rude or being obviously lazy, I don't think people understand how much of their service is not in their hands. They don't make the food. They don't decide when or how many tables they get all at once. Nobody knows if another table is being unreasonably needy, etc. Sometimes it is too easy to just blame the server for everything. Lots of times they get stiffed undeservingly.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She should have been fired on the spot.

Of course you think so... Because you know exactly how all this went down and you apparently wouldn't bother researching the entire incident.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is life not hard enough were I have to get involved in people's job evaluation?

How often when a waiter gets screwed on a tip does it really help? Do they ever see it as something they did? Probably not.
That is my point about a non tipping restaurant ..is it not? Let them make a regular wage and not beg for tips. Everyone wins but the servers who get more for acting like whores.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of jobs SonnyCid can yo get me one at Boeing?

Nope, couldnt even do it when I worked there. I think everyone with some sort of Tech background in this city has worked at Boeing at some point.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point about a non tipping restaurant ..is it not? Let them make a regular wage and not beg for tips. Everyone wins but the servers who get more for acting like whores.

Move to Europe, you won't face the awful fact of tipping appropriately for service in restaurants. You'll find it's not as great a system as you might imagine.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you think so... Because you know exactly how all this went down and you apparently wouldn't bother researching the entire incident.

For posting the lack of a tip. There is nothing in question about that whatsoever.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great idea. Except that the restaurant that does that will have to hike the price of food to cover extremely higher wages. Next you will look at the menu who charges 2-3 times for the exact same menu down the road, and where do you think people will go? Next your brilliant business plan has put a lot of people out of work.

Brilliant! :L

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being rude or being obviously lazy, I don't think people understand how much of their service is not in their hands. They don't make the food. They don't decide when or how many tables they get all at once. Nobody knows if another table is being unreasonably needy, etc. Sometimes it is too easy to just blame the server for everything. Lots of times they get stiffed undeservingly.

Exactly, 2 waiters call in sick, or the manager constantly has too few wait staff on the floor.

Then here comes JDM ..hates that he had to wait too long for the food and takes it out on his waitress with 0 tip.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a great post. The idea is that a server does a job serving drinks,food, etc. It is not like he/she are going out of their way to help you. It is what they are supposed to do. It would be better if they were just paid without tips so they don't have to beg and put shit on the internet .

Well that would be OK if you want that %10-20% added onto your bill in the form of much higher food/drink prices due to the fact that employers now have to pay these servers $12-$20 an hour versus $2-$5. Many people have stated that on this topic.

Their whole job is what is reasonably expected of them. Every last bit of it. If they don't earn a tip they don't get to complain about it.

You never answered the question JD. Do you earn every penny every minute of the day that you work? It's funny... Most people don't realize that the Europeans only get tons of time off and work 25-30 hour weeks because they get equal or more done in that time than the average American working a 40 hour week. We don't make good use of our time and screw off half the time. If some Americans would actually have to accomplish 40 hours of work in a 30 hour week it would kill them.

You mean no surfing the internet, 2 hour lunches, and a coffee/smoke break every. 30 minutes!!! Blasphemy!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For posting the lack of a tip. There is nothing in question about that whatsoever.

I think it was the sister of the waitress that posted it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are once again correct sir . I have been GM last 25 years so the owner knows how I perform. Once a customer comes in, we are like actors on stage, Showtime. If the customers don't like us , then they don't buy. I work around corner from Bryant college and like 10 years back, that's where the Patriots used to practice,so they would be in all the time. The only one that I did not care for was Ty Law, too cocky. Troy Brown, Chris Slade, Willie Mcginnest, Duane Saab and Joe Andruzzi really cool guys. Joe let me put his ring on from 2nd SB and thing was like 2 inches wide. Randy Moss lives next town over in Lincoln and gonna coach his son's football team, he will be a JR next year, but their team blows. Dan Koppen is going to be an asst at my son's football team Bishop Hendricken. Div 1 State champs 4 years in a row

Yeah, I think commission is just like tips or being self. You have to keep your game face on if you want to keep your numbers up when providing à service. Im à general contractor and I feel like actor quite à bit too, and I think my expérience of working for tips has sharpened that skill of just being able to turn the politeness on with customers on que.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, 2 waiters call in sick, or the manager constantly has too few wait staff on the floor.

Then here comes JDM ..hates that he had to wait too long for the food and takes it out on his waitress with 0 tip.

Did the waitress politely explain the situation and comp his sodas?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, that punishes the good servers. You will pay more for your food/drinks and can be 100% sure you wont get great service.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think commission is just like tips or being self. You have to keep your game face on if you want to keep your numbers up when providing à service. Im à general contractor and I feel like actor quite à bit too, and I think my expérience of working for tips has sharpened that skill of just being able to turn the politeness on with customers on que.

:10:Dead on with the skill of reading customers and acting appropriately. Some like to joke, some like to keep it simple and some don't want to talk. If you can adapt, you are good at your job and it pays.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never answered the question JD. Do you earn every penny every minute of the day that you work? It's funny... Most people don't realize that the Europeans only get tons of time off and work 25-30 hour weeks because they get equal or more done in that time than the average American working a 40 hour week. We don't make good use of our time and screw off half the time. If some Americans would actually have to accomplish 40 hours of work in a 30 hour week it would kill them.

You mean no surfing the internet, 2 hour lunches, and a coffee/smoke break every. 30 minutes!!! Blasphemy!

God damn right I do. And if I didn't do everything I was asked to the best of my ability I wouldn't deserve my job.

This defense of stealing money from your employer by wasting their time is disgusting.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's blatantly obvious if the waiter is at fault or truly slammed. Use your eyes.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea. Except that the restaurant that does that will have to hike the price of food to cover extremely higher wages. Next you will look at the menu who charges 2-3 times for the exact same menu down the road, and where do you think people will go? Next your brilliant business plan has put a lot of people out of work.

Brilliant! :L
Of course higher wages. Did you not read a prior post of mine? That would offset that fucking 20% tip you are supposed to give for that loser server that drops off your food and begs for tips. It is really not hard to understand. Only the cheap and the the servers would be against this.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the waitress politely explain the situation and comp his sodas?

The GM should be the one doing that. He/she should walk the entire floor and apologize to everyone who was forced to wait an unreasonable amount of time to be seated. That's what a good GM does. Ultimately it's his responsibility to assure excellent service. Servers are an extension of that.