• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp stiffs waitress

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sap has always been a flat out POS ...I did not expect him to get better with age.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad service alone (if it even was) is no reason for leaving a 0 tip. Ridiculous and classless and cheap bastard.

Usually bad service I still give 20% - I just won't go back.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad service alone (if it even was) is no reason for leaving a 0 tip. Ridiculous and classless and cheap bastard.

:scratch:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I do.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do. I factor it in before I go out to eat. It's expected. I figure if I can afford to go out to eat, I expect myself to pay at least roughly a 20% tip for people serving me, who make way below minimum wage otherwise. For "great" service, I will do more, but rarely if ever will I go below 20%.

Qualification - there is a difference between bad service and offensive service. Outside of cursing me out or spitting in my food, I think it would take a lot to be offensive. It is just food after all.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I factor it in before I go out to eat. It's expected. I figure if I can afford to go out to eat, I expect myself to pay at least roughly a 20% tip for people serving me, who make way below minimum wage otherwise. For "great" service, I will do more, but rarely if ever will I go below 20%.

Qualification - there is a difference between bad service and offensive service. Outside of cursing me out or spitting in my food, I think it would take a lot to be offensive. It is just food after all.

There is also the off chance that for some reason I have to go back to said restaurant.

I can't take a chance of the waitress remembering I gave a 0 tip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfciDzZTNM]Road Trip (4/9) Movie CLIP - French Toast, No Sugar (2000) HD - YouTube[/ame]

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sap has always been a flat out POS ...I did not expect him to get better with age.

yeah I hope he goes back and they piss in his soup and a fresh loogie on his food. Guys has always had no class. I remember a story where a guy wins a trip to spend a day with his and sons fav team TB and travels a 1000 miles. When Sapp refuses an autograph for the kid, his father tells warren that they just traveled 1000 miles so that his son could get his favorite player's autograph, being him. And Sapp walks away saying, have a nice flight home. Big fat douchebag

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waitress will never figure out that she sucks. My tip range is 10-25% but I haven't tipped under 15% in forever. Its rare to see a crap waitress

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaboy, Warren. Stiff the girl because "it wasn't good" Your waitress was the one cooking the food?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaboy, Warren. Stiff the girl because "it wasn't good" Your waitress was the one cooking the food?

I dont think there isnt anything that fatboy wouldnt eat. Prob not enough porkfat in it for his liking

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiter/waitress who posted this should be fired.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idk about 20% for bad service...but imo the key word was service...good or bad, you were served by somebody that relies on tips for a living.

She probably had no ill intent by calling them "boys"...I get called "buddy" by bartenders a lot (especially women)...it doesn't bother me, but if it did, I would just say, you can call me...___________ and your name?

Sapp was just being an ass.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys get it? He didn't tip because he thought he was being called "boy." Like she was calling him a slave. I'm sure that wasn't her intention, but Sapp was throwing down the race card like the POS that he is.

Read the article.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you guys get it? He didn't tip because he thought he was being called "boy." Like she was calling him a slave. I'm sure that wasn't her intention, but Sapp was throwing down the race card like the POS that he is.

Read the article.

Yeah, but he also wrote in twitter replies that the food and service were bad. Regardless, you're right - its bad on either level.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know minimum wage is low and restaurants can pay below minimum wage because the tips bring it above that, but I wish they would just make it a law that minimum wage has to be reserved everywhere and tips go to the waitress/waiters with a bit to the bell boys/hosts or whatever. Cook paid hourly of salary. I prefer that you keep your own tips (minus hosts/hostess bits) but I can see an even distribution.

I wish that they were public on how they handle tips. I could tip accordingly and that might create pressure to do it a better way. Obviously, they could lie and that would be something subject to those inspectors, but still I don't know what really goes on. Also, I know some places that the owners keep all the tips, legal or not. In fact, my sister worked at a place where the tips went to the managers son. The waiters and waitresses accepted it because they were at least paid minimum wage and not below it.

I went there once not realizing that was the place, I realized it later when I was writing the bill, and on the tip place I said zero – manager keeps the money. I gave the waiter some money on the side. I'm not going to tip when I know the waiter/waitress doesn't get the tip.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read the article.

I don't know the context of the word boy. I had somebody call me boy before and I'm not black. So I wouldn't assume necessarily that it was a racist remark. It could just be a way of talking. Obviously, not in this situation, but it could also be flirting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sapp has always been a bag of deusch... So I'm not surprised

I'd be willing to bet every penny I own that this isn't the first time he has done this to a server.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I usually do when I tip someone is I take 10% plus half of that (5%) and then go up from there depending on how I feel. I'm not the 20% tipper automatically as some people are. I empathize with those waiters or waitresses who are not paid that much, but I'm not going arbitrarily just pick a number and have it raised because of the manager decision to pay so little. It used to be 15% and now it's 20. I don't know what they've done more since the time it was 15%. There are many professions people can try to work at that pay more. I won't tip little either. It's always some number over 15%.

One time I accidentally took half of the 10% (5%) plus half of that (2.5%) and rounded up (he wasn't that good and he told me that he never heard of any place that ever gave free refills). The waiter came back and asked me if the service was fine, not knowing the mistake I made, I said, "yeah it was good." Then, right as I left I realized what I did, went back in to tip more. He was upset and I tried to explain that I didn't realize what he was asking for and it was a math mistake. The way he was dismissive of my mistake I understand but it kind of made me want to not go back to tip, but I did.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of food!

Bowl crab soup
8 jumbo wings
reuben sandwich
margarita pizza

The server only referenced Sapp, as in he was probably there by himself... But he said "us" in another tweet. My money is on Sapp downing all that by himself. Not to mention the Heineken bucket...