• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warren Sapp stiffs waitress

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would just make it a law that minimum wage has to be reserved everywhere and tips go to the waitress/waiters with a bit to the bell boys/hosts or whatever. Cook paid hourly of salary. I prefer that you keep your own tips (minus hosts/hostess bits) but I can see an even distribution.

:agree:

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the context of the word boy. I had somebody call me boy before and I'm not black. So I wouldn't assume necessarily that it was a racist remark. It could just be a way of talking. Obviously, not in this situation, but it could also be flirting.

It can definitely have racial connotations, but calling everyone "boy" is a bit of a verbal tic of some accents (mostly British, admittedly), so assuming that is probably not the greatest idea.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tipped on top of minimum wage would be ridiculous... Definitely would have to reduce the % at which I tip or else they would make a crap ton of money

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that Sapp could stiff anyone. It would be a limp. He has always been a prick(limp) so this is not really big news.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Warren going the way of Mama Cass. Rumour is she chocked on a hambone. I wouldnt give that fuck a heimlich unless he had wads of cash to give me first

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Warren going the way of Mama Cass. Rumour is she chocked on a hambone. I wouldnt give that fuck a heimlich unless he had wads of cash to give me first

I can see it now, Sapp choking, you walking up saying. " looks like you need a heimlich, how much cash you got on you?"

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dafuq is chocking? Some sort of "style" of choking?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats dumb..that 15 or 20 percent or what ever. the more food I buy the more it costs me means the waitress gets more money ? since when? you are doing nothing but walking my food over. Tips aren't a legal obligation. I don't mind tipping but its a tip not an obligation on my part. I'm giving you free money.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh WOW.

Look I've been a waiter (finance manager now, earning well for myself) and on a $70 check you don't do this. If service is SUPER poor maybe it is $5 or at some point you just get up and leave and refuse to pay the check at all and speak to a manager, but don't stiff waiters like this.

"Boys don't tip?" Wtf is that supposed to mean? I guess that translates to "Douches don't tip, I'm a big faggot mother f***ing prick."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tipped on top of minimum wage would be ridiculous... Definitely would have to reduce the % at which I tip or else they would make a crap ton of money

Agreed ENTIRELY. I earned about $20 an hour in HIGH SCHOOL before I was 21 in 2003 because my restaurant owner was either too kind or drunk (or both) and end of day paid me minimum wage + TIPs (pocketed). I earned more than some 30 year olds in a small town. If they had paid me the normal $2/hour I would've been around $15 which is still amazing for a 17-18 year old. I just knew how to play the angle and get good tips.

AND YES, I had to deal with douches and stiffs, and I REALLY hate to go there, but I'm going to. 90% of the stiffs were OLD people and blacks (UGH) but yah. It just was. And I'm not being racist. Is being racist saying that black people OWN sports? No. Is being racist saying that black people are the crappiest tippers alive? Somehow most people would view that as a racist comment.

Whatever. That said, minimum wage in some places like WA state is now over $12. That plus tips is better than interning as a freaking engineer at some jobs LOL. With my charisma and past experience I could get close to $30/hr ($4,000+ a month) is some states PRE tax (but I would already get a discount by not disclosing tips on a 1040).

Min Wage + Tips as a server. Hell bartenders can easily rake in $200+ a night if they're good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Old people tip a couple of bucks and they think that's still a lot of money.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know whats dumb..that 15 or 20 percent or what ever. the more food I buy the more it costs me means the waitress gets more money ? since when? you are doing nothing but walking my food over. Tips aren't a legal obligation. I don't mind tipping but its a tip not an obligation on my part. I'm giving you free money.

Someone told me it was 10 percent for lunch and 15 percent for dinner. WTF? They do the same work regardless. Tip the same. You order more or it costs more for dinner, plus there's dessert, so if someone think dinner time is busier or whatever, the total of the check already makes the tips more for around the same amount of work per table. (I know managing several tables is harder than just a few, but that's not my fault. I take one table regardless. I'm going to tip the same.)

As for pricier meaning more tip, it depends. Some people work to get the jobs at the pricier restaurants for that reason. I don't know the hiring or interviewing experience at restaurants. If it's more food, it might mean more trips, but not that much.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh WOW.

Look I've been a waiter (finance manager now, earning well for myself) and on a $70 check you don't do this. If service is SUPER poor maybe it is $5 or at some point you just get up and leave and refuse to pay the check at all and speak to a manager, but don't stiff waiters like this.

"Boys don't tip?" Wtf is that supposed to mean? I guess that translates to "Douches don't tip, I'm a big faggot mother f***ing prick."

It was because he was called boy a few times, according to someone here or the article (didn't read).

Boys don't tip but men do? I don't know. You're not more manly to pay, it's just a normal social thing to do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed ENTIRELY. I earned about $20 an hour in HIGH SCHOOL before I was 21 in 2003 because my restaurant owner was either too kind or drunk (or both) and end of day paid me minimum wage + TIPs (pocketed). I earned more than some 30 year olds in a small town. If they had paid me the normal $2/hour I would've been around $15 which is still amazing for a 17-18 year old. I just knew how to play the angle and get good tips.

AND YES, I had to deal with douches and stiffs, and I REALLY hate to go there, but I'm going to. 90% of the stiffs were OLD people and blacks (UGH) but yah. It just was. And I'm not being racist. Is being racist saying that black people OWN sports? No. Is being racist saying that black people are the crappiest tippers alive? Somehow most people would view that as a racist comment.

Whatever. That said, minimum wage in some places like WA state is now over $12. That plus tips is better than interning as a freaking engineer at some jobs LOL. With my charisma and past experience I could get close to $30/hr ($4,000+ a month) is some states PRE tax (but I would already get a discount by not disclosing tips on a 1040).

Min Wage + Tips as a server. Hell bartenders can easily rake in $200+ a night if they're good.

Ok. Restated. I think if they started out long time ago making minimum wage plus tips and the tips were appropriate, maybe 5-10%, it would make more sense. I suppose 15-20 is already so engrained in people that they can't do it now. The poor waiter feeling is already engrained.

Do a better job fooling people, more power to you. I have a better time and you get more money. Sounds fair. I don't care what total you bring home in a night, just be a good server and I'll give what I think is fair. If that means being charismatic, so be it. Just don't spit in my soup! ;)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad service alone (if it even was) is no reason for leaving a 0 tip. Ridiculous and classless and cheap bastard.

Usually bad service I still give 20% - I just won't go back.

That is just stupid.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this has already been stated, but let me ask this?

Did the waitress say things like
"How you boys doing?"
"Can I get you boys anything else?"
"How was the meal boys?"

or

Was it like
"Hey boy, you like your meal?"
"How ya doing boy"

If she was saying anything like the first part "Hey boys, how ya doing" then I see NO problem with that. If it's the second part, then I get where Sapp is coming from.

Was it ever mentioned or is it clear in which context the word boy or boys was used?
Sorry again if I missed this, just asking for better understanding of the situation.