• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning: HOT TAKE thread...where Simmons gonna go?

Where does Simmons play at the start of next season?

• Sixers

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Pelicans

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Thunder

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other team

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have no idea where but it won't be Sixers

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here’s the reality. Due to the cap either green or Wiggins has to go in a Simmons trade
No shit. Which is why he isn't coming to GS. They wouldn't trade Draymond and I doubt Philly wants him. And they won't trade Wiggins to have Simmons and Green out there together.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I remember watching Simmons summer league in 2016 but I forgot seeing this because it’s just normal play from a basketball player. Where did this willingness to take shots go? Why isn’t it still there?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get the talk of the Warriors going for him. Why in the world would they want him? Are they looking to move Green? That is the only way this makes sense.

I also don't see the Sixers trading Simmons for draft picks and Wiggins. They are on the clock with Embiid. A couple of low chance lottery picks in the draft that will likely take 2 or 3 years to develop aren't the right fit.

I'm starting to think that Simmons won't be traded and that the Sixers will make a big push for Kyle Lowry.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get the talk of the Warriors going for him. Why in the world would they want him? Are they looking to move Green? That is the only way this makes sense.

I also don't see the Sixers trading Simmons for draft picks and Wiggins. They are on the clock with Embiid. A couple of low chance lottery picks in the draft that will likely take 2 or 3 years to develop aren't the right fit.

I'm starting to think that Simmons won't be traded and that the Sixers will make a big push for Kyle Lowry.

Unless the Sixers are just done with him, I'm not sure why they'd be looking to move him. As bad as he looked as far as not shooting, he's still an elite ballhandler, elite passer and elite defender. That's a lot of tools to work with even if he never takes another shot outside of 5 feet for the rest of his career. lol

It could be Doc simply saying the right things and trying to build his value back up, but it sounded like he has an idea about what to do to help him. Maybe give him a full off-season and training camp to see what he can do? Then, if nothing changes, you can still move him. He'll still have a lot of valuable skills.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Sixers are just done with him, I'm not sure why they'd be looking to move him. As bad as he looked as far as not shooting, he's still an elite ballhandler, elite passer and elite defender. That's a lot of tools to work with even if he never takes another shot outside of 5 feet for the rest of his career. lol

It could be Doc simply saying the right things and trying to build his value back up, but it sounded like he has an idea about what to do to help him. Maybe give him a full off-season and training camp to see what he can do? Then, if nothing changes, you can still move him. He'll still has a lot of valuable skills.

Yeah. I just don't see how the Sixers could possibly get anything approaching a good return for him.

I think the Sixers front office should basically send Simmons to a shrink to work through his fear of shooting. And if he doesn't take 10,000 free throws this summer, he completely failed.

Having said that even before the debacle of a playoffs, most folks who follow the Sixers realized that the team is flawed as constructed. We hoped that Embiid could single handedly overcome that but he couldn't. If the Sixers can bring in Lowry, that would be a huge move in the right direction. Even if that means giving up some draft picks.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here’s the reality. Due to the cap either green or Wiggins has to go in a Simmons trade

Yeah, I realize that, I was just wondering what OTHER people, especially Philly fans would deem as an acceptable trade. I'm not saying the Warriors would do it. Just wanted to gauge asking price.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I realize that, I was just wondering what OTHER people, especially Philly fans would deem as an acceptable trade. I'm not saying the Warriors would do it. Just wanted to gauge asking price.
Wiggins and the 7th pick. I think if it’s anything less the Sixers would gamble on the Doc regime having their first real off season with Simmons addressing his issues with the idea that they can shop him at the deadline if need be. The wildcard here is what is Joel Embiid doing behind the scenes. Is he saying Him or Me with Simmons? Then the Sixers will liquidate Simmons for the best available fit on the table.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly terrible trades.

The only one that MIGHT make sense would be the Westbrook for Simmons. Not that I like that trade but I can at least get the logic of it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Westbrook seem to hate each other. Not sure how that would work.

Like I said, I don't like that trade. But I don't know how much Embiid and Westbrook personally hate each other and how much their competitiveness just manifests into hostility. Meaning, it's entirely possible that they would be perfectly happy as team mates.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton/Love/Protect Top-10 2022 for Simmons.
Guess that's the one brought up earlier. It's interesting, for sure. Could argue for or against for either team really. Makes more sense for Philly if they moved Love elsewhere (or Harris). Also need a bigger guard to pair with sexton as they'd have the same issue with sexton/Curry as Cavs with sexton/Garland...though I think Garland a lot better than Curry (but not on D).

Also possible Doc telling the truth that they can fix Simmons and make him the guy most thought he was a couple months ago.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that's the one brought up earlier. It's interesting, for sure. Could argue for or against for either team really. Makes more sense for Philly if they moved Love elsewhere (or Harris). Also need a bigger guard to pair with sexton as they'd have the same issue with sexton/Curry as Cavs with sexton/Garland...though I think Garland a lot better than Curry (but not on D).

Also possible Doc telling the truth that they can fix Simmons and make him the guy most thought he was a couple months ago.

Yeah neither Love or Sexton are good fits for the Sixers.

The only downside for the Cavs would be that Sexton could become a perennial all-star. As is, it would be a pretty huge win for the Cavs as they get rid of Love's albatross of a contract and get a guy that could work with Garland and Allen and Okoro better than Sexton does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah neither Love or Sexton are good fits for the Sixers.

The only downside for the Cavs would be that Sexton could become a perennial all-star. As is, it would be a pretty huge win for the Cavs as they get rid of Love's albatross of a contract and get a guy that could work with Garland and Allen and Okoro better than Sexton does.
I'd say Sexton works fine with Allen and Okoro. But no doubt the Sexton/Garland pairing far from ideal.