• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warning: HOT TAKE thread...where Simmons gonna go?

Where does Simmons play at the start of next season?

• Sixers

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lakers

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Pelicans

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Thunder

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Warriors

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other team

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have no idea where but it won't be Sixers

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons and picks to Portland for Lillard.
I think it’s gonna cost you Maxey or Thybulle as well. I would prefer they ship Maxey in that circumstance because swapping Simmons defense for Dame’s defense makes Thybulle more valuable. Add in the 50/50 chance you lose Danny Green as well. Thybulle becomes more important. As we speak, I hope dude is in the middle of shooting his 250 3s for the day. If dude can even become a 35% shooter from 3 consistently, he gets starters minutes and his defense gets you monster transition.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s gonna cost you Maxey or Thybulle as well. I would prefer they ship Maxey in that circumstance because swapping Simmons defense for Dame’s defense makes Thybulle more valuable. Add in the 50/50 chance you lose Danny Green as well. Thybulle becomes more important. As we speak, I hope dude is in the middle of shooting his 250 3s for the day. If dude can even become a 35% shooter from 3 consistently, he gets starters minutes and his defense gets you monster transition.
Yeah, for sure one of Maxey or Thybulle would have to be included. I forgot to add that into mix. I think I read somewhere on CSNPhilly today there is an article about this trade rumor.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure one of Maxey or Thybulle would have to be included. I forgot to add that into mix. I think I read somewhere on CSNPhilly today there is an article about this trade rumor.
I forget what thread I posted it in but I was talking this possibility earlier. A bunch of things have to happen but there’s a pathway to this for sure. 1) Dame really wants to be out and forces the Blazers hand. 2) Blazers will accommodate. 3) History says the team who is dealing the fed up star that wants to go to a contender loses the deal. There are limited “contenders” and that reduces what’s available coming back. 4) Simmons and Maxey are young kids with upside with a guarantee that if Simmons never gets better he’s a plus defensive player and a guy with handles that can run offense and be a plus transition player. 5) You also need Boston to focus on Beal because they can out do the Sixers deal with Jaylon Brown Marcus Smart and better draft assets than the Sixers have.

You need a lot of luck and you need a lot of Dame dictating terms. I feel pretty good with looking out at the league and Dame assessing that he would see the Sixers and Embiid as the best fit for him in chasing a ring but also not giving up shots or the role of number 1 offensive guy on the team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Got to put a lot of picks in there and some salary too I believe.

But that is interesting.

Dame for Simmons actually works money wise as a straight swap so there's no need to add other salary. Now, the issue would actually be if Simmons+picks is enough for Dame. You can add in Maxey and Thybulle and the deal still works without having to add in money on the Portland side. Depends on how much Dame forcing his way out depresses his value. Like if he says "I want Philly and that's it", there's no real need for Philly to keep throwing players in.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dame for Simmons actually works money wise as a straight swap so there's no need to add other salary. Now, the issue would actually be if Simmons+picks is enough for Dame. You can add in Maxey and Thybulle and the deal still works without having to add in money on the Portland side. Depends on how much Dame forcing his way out depresses his value. Like if he says "I want Philly and that's it", there's no real need for Philly to keep throwing players in.

If I'm moving Dame for Simmons, I'm looking to dump a salary on Philly, maybe Covington for Thybulle and Maxey.

Sixers
PG: Dame
SG: Seth
SF: Covington
PF: Harris
C: Embiid

Blazers
PG: Maxey/Simons
SG: CJ/Thybulle
SF: Powell
PF: Simmons (Dray role)
C: Nurkic

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm moving Dame for Simmons, I'm looking to dump a salary on Philly, maybe Covington for Thybulle and Maxey.

Sixers

Blazers
I’m good with taking back RoCo if Thybulle has to go. Sixers need to pay attention to defense in a Dame/Simmons swap. I would much prefer keeping Thybulle though. I love Maxey as well but if you add Dame you are blocking his minutes anyway so the loss isn’t as great. We Philly fans are about to see if Morey’s reputation as a creative deal maker is just rumor or if it’s the truth.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good with taking back RoCo if Thybulle has to go. Sixers need to pay attention to defense in a Dame/Simmons swap. I would much prefer keeping Thybulle though. I love Maxey as well but if you add Dame you are blocking his minutes anyway so the loss isn’t as great. We Philly fans are about to see if Morey’s reputation as a creative deal maker is just rumor or if it’s the truth.

I'm certain we will be seeing a number of moves this offseason but I wouldn't be surprised if the deals will be completely unexpected.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain we will be seeing a number of moves this offseason but I wouldn't be surprised if the deals will be completely unexpected.
agree......how it usually goes.

Despite what some fans think, FO guys don't usually tell outsiders what their major plans are before they make them when it comes to draft and trades

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't be surprised if you're...surprised?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sixers

Blazers

Blazers don't really have any long term salary though beyond CJ McCollum. Guys like Nurk and RoCo are at around 12 mil, but its short on years. Both will be free agents next summer. So it's probably more beneficial to keep them around to where you can either get the cap benefits yourself next summer or you can use them in trades for something else. Both those salaries are easily tradeable. Like say Dame forces his way out so the Blazers have to blow it up. There could be contending teams out there with trade exceptions that would give up a 1st round pick for Nurk or RoCo and you wouldn't have to take back any salary. Or maybe there's a contending team with a surplus of youth that needs some more vets. You could flip for those young assets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I voted Lakers on this because...doesn't everyone eventually end up on the Lakers? lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers don't really have any long term salary though beyond CJ McCollum. Guys like Nurk and RoCo are at around 12 mil, but its short on years. Both will be free agents next summer. So it's probably more beneficial to keep them around to where you can either get the cap benefits yourself next summer or you can use them in trades for something else. Both those salaries are easily tradeable. Like say Dame forces his way out so the Blazers have to blow it up. There could be contending teams out there with trade exceptions that would give up a 1st round pick for Nurk or RoCo and you wouldn't have to take back any salary. Or maybe there's a contending team with a surplus of youth that needs some more vets. You could flip for those young assets.

I think a cj/Tobias trade is more likely than a Dame/Simmons deal

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are right up against the luxury tax threshold though, so shedding some salary now wouldn't be the worst move.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so then it's not happening, just like when he tweeted about his 'sources' telling him it was.