• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warmack taking his Chances

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like every team has their "Levy". A guy who is fundamentally sound but does nothing great. Just off the top of my head I can't think of any 4-3 team with 3 stud LB's at each position. Last team to have a solid grip on all 3 spots was the Bears pre-Urlacher getting old.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm kinda saying. Why didn't they? Dramatic weight issues, now a hold out. Isn't that the same way super bust Andre Smith came into the league from Bama? Little bit a deja vu imo.

It's got nothing to do with anything but the Titans trying to exercise some control over the player now that the rookie contracts are pretty well set.

It's not about money up front, it's about trying to include offset language so they can protect themselves if they decide to cut him before his rookie deal is up.

This isn't on Warmack at all, it's all on the Titan's management being cheap and stubborn. There's no need to be so firm on this offset stuff when these new rookie deals are peanuts compared to the old ones...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like me some Bush!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like every team has their "Levy". A guy who is fundamentally sound but does nothing great. Just off the top of my head I can't think of any 4-3 team with 3 stud LB's at each position. Last team to have a solid grip on all 3 spots was the Bears pre-Urlacher getting old.

Totally agree. Levy gets a bad rap because he's not great, but he's not bad, either. He's just an average starter. It is what it is, but fans need their scapegoats to vent on, so Levy continues to get dogged, especially as our truely crappy players are slowly being weeded out.

Peterman and Durant were the worst starters we had last year, now they're goners. Raiola isn't too far behind.

If it gets to the point where we've upgraded Levy that means we're in great shape...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the release of Nagy I think Womack has the inside track as long as he gets into camp. So he better balance what he wants and what he can achieve.

Someone does need to remind he he went in the third round.

JD- I think you're mixing guys up here. The thread is about Titan's rookie Chance Warmack. You're thinking of our rookie Larry Warford.

Both guards with similar names, easy mistake to make...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who is fundamentally sound but does nothing great.

Not trying to start WW III, but I couldn't let this one slip by without saying something. Tackling is one of the most basic fundamentals of the LB position and in his 1st 3 years, Levy ranked the lowest of any LB in tackling %. There was only like 17 players worse in the NFL and they were all CBs.

I can't vouche for last year, as I haven't really paid much attention to his stats. So not sure if he has improved or not, but his 1st 3 years were really bad in that area.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a subjective stat from a third party website though. Basically it's up to a group of guys that runs PFF to make the call on that kind of stuff, and that's why a lot of their analysis is taken with a grain of salt.

That being said, clearly Levy misses too many tackles. That's not something you want in a LB. I'd be curious to see last year's stats for him to see if there was any measurable improvement with him finally playing the same position two years in a row...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some great analysis on PFF, but I've also seen stats from them that don't paint an accurate picture at all based on factors like limited snaps, down and distance, score, etc...

They just look at hard numbers, which is a great tool, but it also makes relative nobodies look like super stars per their metrics, and can also make great players look bad.

Basically there's a huge part of the game they don't understand. Remember- that whole operation is ran by some younger (gotta be in their mid 30's by now) British guys who don't have any actual experience in the game.

So great tool for research and gives us a good piece to the puzzle, but not a definitive source based on some of their limiting factors...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth they rated Will Heller as our "best" TE last year, but that's not accurate. He was basically a 6th o-lineman who got some wide-open looks and easy catches that inflated his PFF rankings higher than they should have been.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Heller in the role he played, but he was what he was- certainly not our best TE overall.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, though, I'll agree that missing tackles is his biggest flaw.

But he's assignment sound and decent in coverage- if he can clean up whatever issue is causing those missed tackles- bad form, dropping his head, not driving his legs through- whatever that may be then he's got the chance to be a "B/B-" LB for a long time for us. Right now I'd give him a C, maybe even a C+ because of his coverage ability (not a great cover LB, but not a liability either).

Can anyone readily find those tackling percentages from PFF? I'd love to see what the progression has been from his rookie year till now. Is he getting better each year, or are they up-and-down year to year? Please post them or a link if you know where they're at...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely seems that way. :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaul you holding a conversation with yourself here?

Not to be a third wheel here, but I agree on Heller. He was great for us at what he did. But to put him above BP, even with the drops, or even Scheffler is a real stretch. 8 man football was great for us too, in his various roles. They're like the Jared DeVries of the offense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a four wheeler here but Heller sucks. He's old too.

boislikesthis.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think just a few years ago I was frightened of Rob. Like Paulie Walnuts was frightened of Tony.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was this funny ass SOB back CBS boards? You are killing me on here.:lol:

SeeBS didn't allow pics. Or know how to. idk.

It's crazy to think just a few years ago I was frightened of Rob. Like Paulie Walnuts was frightened of Tony.

Well I was going through a lot back then so I was angry a lot. Now I'm more laid back mostly. Mostly. :whistle:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly......:). Delmas practiced today. And Nates letting those braids flop around. Shits looking good so far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you there? I almost went. I want to get out there before camp ends.