• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warmack taking his Chances

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. 10 overall pick Chance Warmack officially became a holdout Thursday as he missed the first day of Titans camp.

There's really no excuse for holdouts anymore under the NFL's new rookie wage scale, but the Titans are insisting on offset language in Warmack's rookie contract. Warmack's camp is balking. "Hopefully, that'll be tomorrow and Chance will be here by the weekend," said coach Mike Munchak. We shall

I know some Lions fans wanted this guy at 5. Ziggy was the first or second rook to sign. Just sayin'

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for Warmack, not gonna lie. The dude was an absolute beast at Bama. However, I'm not sure what he's holding out for(I mean besides the obvious). The pay scale was set for a reason. Just like everyone else, he needs to earn his keep. Contracts are always changing, so maybe he needs to play a couple years and them start holding out for more money. The "Chances" of that happening are good. ;)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also on the drafting of Barrett Jones in the later rounds. He had the ability to play anywhere on the line, and play it well. I'll be rooting for his success in the NFL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all for Warmack, not gonna lie. The dude was an absolute beast at Bama. However, I'm not sure what he's holding out for(I mean besides the obvious). The pay scale was set for a reason. Just like everyone else, he needs to earn his keep. Contracts are always changing, so maybe he needs to play a couple years and them start holding out for more money. The "Chances" of that happening are good. ;)

Maybe he wants no.5 money after reading all the bogus mock drafts leading up to the draft? Dude is slowly starting to look like Andre Smith the sequel.

I was also on the drafting of Barrett Jones in the later rounds. He had the ability to play anywhere on the line, and play it well. I'll be rooting for his success in the NFL.

I have read varying reports on this guy, many of which saying he is a career back up at best. Sounds like he might have some glaring weaknesses that won't be able to be covered up in the pros. The Rams have one of the very worst O lines in the league so whether or not he secures a spot will be telling.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy had no reason to hold out as they made 100% of his contract gaurenteed. I imagine they would have done the same for Warmack and he too would have been the first one to sign.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like it's about the $$, but rather the offsets.

The pay scale is set, just like you guys mentioned, but the offsets are where teams are trying to bend players over the barrel now. I think it's ridiculous that they're being that stubborn over such comparatively small amounts of $$ vs. the old rookie contracts.

Basically they're trying to cover their asses in the event that the player gets released before his rookie deal is up. I can't fault him a bit for not giving in.

As for Ansah, we just gave him the standard slotted contract and didn't insist on offsets because we take care of our guys here in the D...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaulus made me feel bad because he was far more eloquent

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very clever word play on the title, though.

Don't think it went un-noticed!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, Mebert.

Your post wasn't up yet when I started mine, but I was glad to see it once mine posted. Our points support each other...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy had no reason to hold out as they made 100% of his contract gaurenteed. I imagine they would have done the same for Warmack and he too would have been the first one to sign.

That's what I'm kinda saying. Why didn't they? Dramatic weight issues, now a hold out. Isn't that the same way super bust Andre Smith came into the league from Bama? Little bit a deja vu imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it's about money. Warmack has plenty of that already from his Bama days. Does he have a twitter account again yet? Or is his agent not taking any chance's?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm kinda saying. Why didn't they? Dramatic weight issues, now a hold out. Isn't that the same way super bust Andre Smith came into the league from Bama? Little bit a deja vu imo.

Most teams did not gaurentee 100% of the deal, Dolphins and Eagles rookies both got offsets and they got drafted before Ziggy. Ziggy signed so fast because the Lions basically gave everything, his salary was slotted, and they put in no offsets, that is the easiest signing he ever had to do. It sounds like the Titans and Warmack disagree on how much the offsets should be, but none of us could have enough insight into those discussions to really know who is being unreasonable.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the release of Nagy I think Womack has the inside track as long as he gets into camp. So he better balance what he wants and what he can achieve.

Someone does need to remind he he went in the third round.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the release of Nagy I think Womack has the inside track as long as he gets into camp. So he better balance what he wants and what he can achieve.

Someone does need to remind he he went in the third round.

Interesting thought. Would the Titans actually sign a guy to league minimum and let Chance just think about it for a season. That's something I would like to see. Let him sit for a year knowing how much money he passed up. That would definitely set the tone for other players wanting to hold out for the Titans.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be interested in the Lions handling it in the same fashion muzz? (My old man always likes to make the same comment you did, I usually ask the same question).

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be interested in the Lions handling it in the same fashion muzz? (My old man always likes to make the same comment you did, I usually ask the same question).

Depends on the player, CJ or Stafford hell no. Someone like Levy, or Bell sure. I would back it. Take the hit for one year that way you probably won't have to face it later down the road. Someone like CJ or Stafford can hold a team hostage much like Chris Johnson did to the Titans a few years back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell wasn't drafted... So chances are, it woulda been hard to hold out. Cant think of a third rounder holding out lately either. Not typically in a position of leverage to do that. As a fan, I'd have a hard time supporting a GM and owner who draft a guy, but can't(don't) sign him. First rounders anyway. But even in the pre-slot era I don't remember non-top 1st rounders holding out, and getting what they want. (Crabtree held out for awhile, I forget if he was top ten or not)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warmack, Warford, Womack. It's easy to get them all mixed up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a Chance that's happened on here all Larry. (I meant already, but I like faggotty assed noises that pussies make. I also think their tongues tickle)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzer i could only dream about your scenario with levy coming true, thanks man.