• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A little news for those of us wanting Cooper

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals first-round pick LG Jonathan Cooper is officially a holdout as he missed the first practice of training camp Friday.

Per the Arizona Republic, "there is no middle ground" in contract negotiations, and the Cardinals will not give in. Rookie GM Steve Keim is insisting on offset language, just like the Titans are of Chance Warmack. (Warmack is also a holdout.) Only three 2013 first-round draft picks have yet to sign their rookie contracts: No. 7 pick Cooper, No. 9 pick Dee Milliner, and No. 10 pick Warmack.
I was wanting Cooper myself

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wanting Cooper myself

But if we got Cooper he would of had to fall in the draft and maybe if that was the case he'd have signed already. I believe agents give clients different advice depending on where they are drafted. Besides a lot of high picks wait until #1 signs.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we got Cooper he would of had to fall in the draft and maybe if that was the case he'd have signed already. I believe agents give clients different advice depending on where they are drafted. Besides a lot of high picks wait until #1 signs.
yeah I am sure that true. Rookies don't know if they should hold out or not. The Agents always tell them what to do. I would listen to my agent if I were a rookie LOL

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I am sure that true. Rookies don't know if they should hold out or not. The Agents always tell them what to do. I would listen to my agent if I were a rookie LOL

LOL I wouldnt... a million dollars... to play ball........

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now days, there is no reason for a rookie to hol out because the slotting system puts all the power in the owners hands. All he is doing is hurting himself for a few extra dollars that the IRS will take any way.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now days, there is no reason for a rookie to hol out because the slotting system puts all the power in the owners hands. All he is doing is hurting himself for a few extra dollars that the IRS will take any way.
well you can blame that on his agent, but if you are a rookie. you should be listening to your agent. If you don't that is like hiring a Lawyer for court & not listening to him LOL.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you can blame that on his agent, but if you are a rookie. you should be listening to your agent. If you don't that is like hiring a Lawyer for court & not listening to him LOL.

Then his agent needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that the best thing for his client is to be on the field. The longer he holds out, the less likely he is to start. Which means the chances of him showing out and getting the REAL contract after his rookie deal go straight down the tubes. If you werent a top five pick at either QB, LT, DE or maybe ILB... holding out is straight stupid with the new rookie scale.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then his agent needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that the best thing for his client is to be on the field. The longer he holds out, the less likely he is to start. Which means the chances of him showing out and getting the REAL contract after his rookie deal go straight down the tubes. If you werent a top five pick at either QB, LT, DE or maybe ILB... holding out is straight stupid with the new rookie scale.
Don't kill the messenger I'm just saying not smart not to listening to your agent :becky:
BTW I don't think he is worried about not starting or not being able to showcase his talent being the the #7 pick in the draft. He will be on a 5 yr contract. so if he doesn't start the 1st game wont matter by the time his 2nd contract comes around.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. what he is bargaining over only even matters if he sucks enough to be cut. He still gets paid even then. These guys holding out are idiots. They are getting behind, and making it more likely they would get cut.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kill the messenger I'm just saying not smart not to listening to your agent :becky:
BTW I don't think he is worried about not starting or not being able to showcase his talent being the the #7 pick in the draft. He will be on a 5 yr contract. so if he doesn't start the 1st game wont matter by the time his 2nd contract comes around.

Its not about if he starts or not. Its about the development time he is missing. Jamarcus Russell ring any bells?? Sure he started once he signed. But now is the time this kid should be learning the system so he can best showcase what he can do.. not in week three of the season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about if he starts or not. Its about the development time he is missing. Jamarcus Russell ring any bells?? Sure he started once he signed. But now is the time this kid should be learning the system so he can best showcase what he can do.. not in week three of the season.
yeah but Russell sucked. Even if he got TC in he still would have sucked. Now if Cooper sucks remains to be seen, but missing a couple days/weeks of TC wont make or break his career. BTW just so you know. I agree nowadays all the leverage is with ownership, I just don't think the guy is gonna be ruined by not coming into TC on time. That's a little overreaction if you ask me. If Cooper ends up sucking it will be because he sucked (in my book) So I shall counter your Russell comment with a RGIII example (just in case Cooper is good.
RG3 barely played in the 2012 preseason, attempting all of 31 passes and scrambling five times, spread out over three exhibition contests. That was considered surprising at the time. But clearly he doesn't need a ton of preseason reps to be ready for the regular season. In Week 1 against the Saints, RG3 completed 73.1 percent of his throws with 362 all-purpose yards and two TDs
Ring a bell?

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get some of these guys. Holding out when you've never played a game, Hell, when you haven't even made the team? SMH. I think Cooper is gonna be a great player and the Cardinals are going to be much improved, but this kid is just hurting himself

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rookie Wage Scale was put in place to prevent this kind of STUPIDITY. Cooper is taking some bad advice from somebody. Sign your contract and get to camp. Selfish is not a trait that you want in a player picked that high.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but Russell sucked. Even if he got TC in he still would have sucked. Now if Cooper sucks remains to be seen, but missing a couple days/weeks of TC wont make or break his career. BTW just so you know. I agree nowadays all the leverage is with ownership, I just don't think the guy is gonna be ruined by not coming into TC on time. That's a little overreaction if you ask me. If Cooper ends up sucking it will be because he sucked (in my book) So I shall counter your Russell comment with a RGIII example (just in case Cooper is good.
Ring a bell?

But RGIII was at camp and practicing, he just didn't play much in the preseason games. The holdouts aren't there at all and are not practicing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to give up next yrs 1st and 4th for Cooper now. Our OL probably becomes a top 10 OL in the next 2 seasons with Fredrick, Smith and Cooper.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I would still want him on my team but geez who is giving this guy advice ?