• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans Stance On Mariota Deal

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of an offset is so that a player can't double dip.

Presumably, if Mariota is Blaine Gabbert and gets cut after 3 years, some team will take a flier and pay him a minimum wage $500,000 salary. If the Titans win and get their offset, they will have an additional $500,000 in 2018.

Right now, the Titans have the second most salary cap space in the league. $25.4 million.
They have no players due massive extensions, and if needed could save some pennies restructuring or cutting Michael Griffin, Charlie Whitehurst and Sammie Lee Hill.

The Titans do not need salary cap relief. The Titans will get minimal cap relief if they win the offset battle.

......and also, planning for your first round pick to fail is planning to fail

Please keep reason and logic out of this. There is no place for that in this discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please keep reason and logic out of this. There is no place for that in this discussion.

the Titans suck and their general manager has shit for brains

And Frank Wychek through that ball forward

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Titans suck and their general manager has shit for brains

And Frank Wychek through that ball forward

That, my friend, was the pinnacle of Titans football. It was so easy to be a fan back then. Loved everything about the team then. Everything. We were spoiled rotten and thought it would last forever. Ha!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer can't be happy about this.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans CEO 'counting on' Super Bowl berth in 2016 - NFL.com

"I am frustrated, and I do get angry. I expect more," Smith told Tthe Tennessean this week before voicing specific expectations for the Titans starting with a Super Bowl appearance after the 2016 regular season.

Tommy Smith has already "resigned." He was 1/3 of the evil trifecta. Bounce those fucktards Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt and sell the damned team and me and a lot of other fans will be back at the stadium. 'Til then, I'm out. I'm not supporting them and there are thousands like me. You should hear sports radio around here. It's incredible how angry people are.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Smith has already "resigned." He was 1/3 of the evil trifecta. Bounce those fucktards Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt and sell the damned team and me and a lot of other fans will be back at the stadium. 'Til then, I'm out. I'm not supporting them and there are thousands like me. You should hear sports radio around here. It's incredible how angry people are.

You sound very similar to me. I took my family to the Titans home game against Jacksonville in November 2013 i remember when it was because it was both of my kids birthdays they were born on the same day a year apart. Anyway the Jaguars were 0-10 and winless so of course Jake Locker plays like shit like he always does 90% of the time. Well Locker throws a pick,then fumbles before getting injured for the hundredth time in his career with the team in a hole down 13-0. Well Fitzpatrick came in and on the first drive lead the team to a TD that shows how awful Locker was. We lost a close game 29-27. I told the kids that day we were no longer coming to any more games until they got rid of Locker and Munchak and haven't been back since. The team was 7-9 in 2013 lost two close games due to Locker overthrowing a wide open receiver otherwise Tennessee would've been 9-7 and in playoffs because they owned tiebreakers over San Diego and Pittsburgh. I hated the Locker pick from day one the guy was a loser in college going 11-25 threw 53TD and 35INT won no major awards and went to no bowl games i just want to know how in the hell he got projected that high??? Locker had pocket issues,accuracy was terrible,injury woes,etc. his stats were shaky he wasn't a winner. Most of the first round QB's go to bowl games,win games have gaudy stats,etc. not Locker. To this day how do he get touted as first round talent hell he was maybe fifth round as a damn project. At Tennessee Locker missed like 22 out of 44 games pretty much half his career and had many games where he completed under 50% of his passes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the Locker pick from day one the guy was a loser in college going 11-25 threw 53TD and 35INT won no major awards and went to no bowl games i just want to know how in the hell he got projected that high??? Locker had pocket issues,accuracy was terrible,injury woes,etc. his stats were shaky he wasn't a winner. Most of the first round QB's go to bowl games,win games have gaudy stats,etc. not Locker. To this day how do he get touted as first round talent hell he was maybe fifth round as a damn project.

If I remember correctly, Blaine Gabbert was supposed to be drafted before Locker. So you dodged that bullet.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, Blaine Gabbert was supposed to be drafted before Locker. So you dodged that bullet.

Blaine Gabbert was ruined in Jacksonville as Blake Bortles is now and Jake Locker was for the Titans. Those poor guys. :L

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy about all this is Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were both drafted in round 2 and had way better careers than Locker and Gabbert drafted in round 1. I always thought these projections were wrong where they project how good QB's are each year and i'll give you a PERFECT example. Both Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick were very similar and were both dual threat QB's. How in the hell did Locker get projected a round above Kaepernick because when you compare both QB's college careers Kaepernick blows Locker out of the water its no contest.........

What i couldn't figure out was with Locker going 11-25 in his college career,completing just 53% of his passes including one year he completed 47%,along with 53TD and 35INT and he also spent time injured. How they heck did this make him the top ranked QB? He should've been developmental he had terrible pocket presence,accuracy issues,etc.

Meanwhile Kaepernick was 28-7 in college including 13-1 in his last year. He was 2008 and 2010 WAC offensive player of the year and finished his career with 82TD and 24INT completing 60% of his passes and threw for over 10,000 yards along with rushing for over 4,000 yards and scoring around 60TD.

Kaepernick blew Locker out of the water but I'm not quite sure why it was that Locker was deemed better? Was it strength of competition,measureables,etc. what the hell was it that put Locker way ahead in the QB prospective rankings in the 2011 draft??????

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy about all this is Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were both drafted in round 2 and had way better careers than Locker and Gabbert drafted in round 1. I always thought these projections were wrong where they project how good QB's are each year and i'll give you a PERFECT example. Both Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick were very similar and were both dual threat QB's. How in the hell did Locker get projected a round above Kaepernick because when you compare both QB's college careers Kaepernick blows Locker out of the water its no contest.........

What i couldn't figure out was with Locker going 11-25 in his college career,completing just 53% of his passes including one year he completed 47%,along with 53TD and 35INT and he also spent time injured. How they heck did this make him the top ranked QB? He should've been developmental he had terrible pocket presence,accuracy issues,etc.

Meanwhile Kaepernick was 28-7 in college including 13-1 in his last year. He was 2008 and 2010 WAC offensive player of the year and finished his career with 82TD and 24INT completing 60% of his passes and threw for over 10,000 yards along with rushing for over 4,000 yards and scoring around 60TD.

Kaepernick blew Locker out of the water but I'm not quite sure why it was that Locker was deemed better? Was it strength of competition,measureables,etc. what the hell was it that put Locker way ahead in the QB prospective rankings in the 2011 draft??????

If I remember correctly, Kaepernick's scouting report was that he was a poor mans Tim Tebow.

Elongated throwing motion, played in a goofy offense, one read and run, moderately accurate.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, Kaepernick's scouting report was that he was a poor mans Tim Tebow.

Elongated throwing motion, played in a goofy offense, one read and run, moderately accurate.

Thats the thing these teams put way too much emphasis on the scouting reports when all they have to do is watch film on both QB's. Always go with the eye test. I knew back in 2011 watching Locker and Kaepernick that Kap blew Jake away and tried telling this to most of the fans but they swore Locker would be good,lol. The tape never lies.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, dont understand what the Titans are doing here.

Teams are not on the hook for huge sums of money for early draft picks anymore, after the 2011 CBA that took away that risk from organisations.

The Titans would only be on the hook here, for one season at the NFL rookie minimum, which is only about $700K or so... just dont understand them worrying about this.

Wouldnt you rather have your QB in camp? It's the most important position to have not missing any time.