• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ware to be released

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos only have 5 players on their roster over the age of 30 so not sure where you are getting this up in age idea? I do agree on the injury side of it as they did have over half the defense on IR last year but beyond that age wise they are just fine. It is part of the reason they have been able to spend as much money as they have because they have so many players still on rookie contracts.

don't be defensive.
the time is now and watching EVERYTHING hold in the balance of P Manning will be fun for the fans of the 31 other teams. Elway defines ALL IN now

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't be defensive.
the time is now and watching EVERYTHING hold in the balance of P Manning will be fun for the fans of the 31 other teams. Elway defines ALL IN now

Don't think I was defensive just wanting some clarity on his "up in age" comment. Just misunderstood who he was talking about. Although even there Ward and Talib are 28 or younger so Ware is the only "Old" guy in the group.

I agree the Broncos are all in for this season with Manning and company. Why wouldn't you be at this point? You have a HOF quarterback and a pretty darn good roster that just about won it last year. Just need a few moves to get them over the top. I will say though when you actually look at the nuts and bolts of the contracts they just signed they really are not as much as they seem. Ware is essentially signed for 2 years and Talib for 3. Neither of them at ridiculous Cap Numbers either during those years at least compared to their position. Plus Broncos do have $70 million in Cap Space even after these signings for next season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll trust you on that 70M number.
Me? Don't see it.

those cap numbers are horrid if the players don't live up to Denver's expectations. Talib's is the most over the top considering he doesn't play 16 games and he was fairly average before the NE experience. Don't see Ward as Dawkins.

Good luck.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want proof of this here you go...

» Over the Cap- NFL Salary Cap Space 2013

Again if they don't live up to Bronco expectations they can be cut in a year or two with little to no dead money. So they are not being handcuffed by these deals. They are a bit of risk but not as much as some are trying to make them out to be.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want proof of this here you go...

» Over the Cap- NFL Salary Cap Space 2013

Again if they don't live up to Bronco expectations they can be cut in a year or two with little to no dead money. So they are not being handcuffed by these deals. They are a bit of risk but not as much as some are trying to make them out to be.

2013?
not much risk other than the guaranteed money paid out over the length of stay. If these guys don't provide that SB championship then it was a failure

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013?
not much risk other than the guaranteed money paid out over the length of stay. If these guys don't provide that SB championship then it was a failure

27M better than Dallas and only 26 players signed?
shoot.............you guys are in great shape without Manning

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way premature, but with Ware signing with the Broncos will we get a comp pick in 2015 and if so what would be the best pick we can gain for him signing with them?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Broncos are all in for this season with Manning and company. Why wouldn't you be at this point?

Can I answer this question 3 or 4 years from now?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OWNED!!!!!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr can be cut or traded after June 1st. Here is the cap situation:

Keep Carr at $7.5M in 2014 and release him as a post June 1st cut in 2015 - cap numbers:
2014 $12,217,000
2015 $4,717,000
2016 $7,434,000

Release Carr as a post June 1st cut in 2014 - cap numbers:
2014 $4,717,000
2015 $12,151,000
2016 $0

If he's released post June 1st this year the net differences in the cap situation compared to keeping him for a year will be:
2014 +$7,500,000
2015 +$66,000
2016 +$7,500,000

Obviously this doesn't take into account the cost of a replacement for 1 year. You can use whatever figure you deem appropriate but as a hypothetical example i'll use $4M
Net cap space differences with a $4M replacement for 1 year:
2014 +$3,500,000
2015 -$3,934,000
2016 +$3,500,000

Cutting him post June 1st is realistic if the Cowboys want to make that move - so yes, they will have leverage as the season approaches. The questions are:
1) What will the Cowboys think he's worth after pre-season evaluation?
2) What's the cost of a replacement?
3) Are the Cowboys prepared to suffer reduced cap space in 2015 although there would be clear cap space benefits in other years?
4) Is the difference between his salary, the replacement cost, and the Cowboys evaluation wide enough to make it worth while cutting him?

With the moves the Cowboys have already made they're no longer forced to make a quick decision. I don't expect them to cut Carr in September but it's what they should do if they don't think he's worth $5M at the 53-man roster deadline, (or if he doesn't accept a cut to lessen the difference between salary and evaluation).

barring some major injury or some non football thing (i.e. Aaron Hernandez, Mike Vick, Rae Carruth) Brandon Carr will be here for the 2014 season. & I personally hope we don't restructure him this season

He is not getting cut!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring some major injury or some non football thing (i.e. Aaron Hernandez, Mike Vick, Rae Carruth) Brandon Carr will be here for the 2014 season. & I personally hope we don't restructure him this season

He is not getting cut!

IMO the best thing we can do on Carr is let him play out his deal as is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If watching Ware rack up 12-15 sacks a year is learning the hard way, I agree. The Bronco's play with an early lead in nearly every game they play. Ware will be allowed to pin his ears back and attack the QB. For the first time in his career, he'll be across from another great pass rusher in Von Miller. Miller will draw TE's and backs. Ware will get a lot of one on one's for the first time ever, and if healthy, will eat them alive

Sadly Ware did get a lot of one on ones the last couple of years and didn't do much. It's actually a little over rated nowadays how often players get doubled or even tripled. Of course it happens, but no one gets doubled every play and most backs are taught to be aware of all pass rushers and the most they'll normally do is start out on the side of the great pass rusher, but still pick up the first guy they see as a threat. This is why being able to pass block has become so important for 3rd down backs. Any Pro can run right to a particular player and help out the Tackle. These guys now need the speed and technique to get to every possible pass rusher and the awareness to know what is going on around them. So they'll mostly get doubled on plays when they break free and no one is blitzing. Most TEs are going out in patterns and the 5 OL are in most nickel situations looking at 5 or more pass rushers. Again, there are many plays where D Ware and other guys get doubled, but when they aren't beating their guy constantly its less often than we assume.

I'm stilll going with the injuries as the reason for the drop off with Ware and expect a huge year from him. Let's see if he can stay healthy and prove me right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not on the Carr restructure ..... I want to see him this year. Get his confidence back and see if he can adjust to zone or if Rod adjust ( Like a Zimmer) and schemes to his players

Totally agree, we should not be thinking of restructuring Carr right now. I don't want to cut him because I think he is going to be used correctly and be good for us. At the same time I'm not ready to commit to beyond this year to him which is what we do by restructuring him. We need to start eating up some of these cap hits on these higher priced players in case we do need to cut ties with them at some point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, yeah but the DEN team has WAY more talent and leadership than Vick and Vince.

Yeah. Denver is pretty much the best example of a team that should go all in. You have an all time great QB playing as well as anyone in history, but at the same time you know you are only looking at a couple more years from him. Also, they have a few young guys that are going to get huge contracts in a year or two. They figure their offense willl be great no matter what and with Miller back and these other guys they signed it looks like an already good defense just got even better. Moreno was good for them last year so they need someone to step up and with Decker gone they need another WR to step up. But, they do get their LT back, still have some cap space and get to draft just like everyone else...I think they made 3 very good moves. I really like Talib.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what your point is here. Manning most likely is playing 2 more years if not more so no reason to start looking too ahead of yourself here. The average salary per player is around $3 million a season so the Broncos have plenty of room to work with to stay right around that average. You have to think in the next 2 years they are going to add around 14 players just through the draft with those 14 players taking up maybe $8-10 million of the Cap. So again the Broncos are doing just fine Cap wise even with these signings. Throw in knowing they will have Manning's $20 million coming off the books in a few years means they can backload some contracts if need be.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck
Super Bowl Champs or bust

nothing about Ware was back loaded, Ward was overpaid for what he's done at this level, and good luck with Talib.... Once he gets paid, it's about collecting the money. He grew up in Dallas and is a ME player like few others. I think NE is good with how this turned out

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck
Super Bowl Champs or bust

nothing about Ware was back loaded, Ward was overpaid for what he's done at this level, and good luck with Talib.... Once he gets paid, it's about collecting the money. He grew up in Dallas and is a ME player like few others. I think NE is good with how this turned out

Thanks...Good luck to you too. One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan so every once in a while try to cheer for them for his sake. Seems like Jerry is finally making some of the tough decisions to try and get the cap in order.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am going to sound like a jerk,but I hope Ware fails in Denver. He does not belong in the ring of honor next to all time greats like Aikman,Irvin and Emmitt Smith. Ware did get lots of sacks. Sadly one of the biggest plays he ever made was against the Saints in a regular season game. Where was he in the playoffs or in the win or go home games? He was a non factor. He was invisible

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...Good luck to you too. One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan so every once in a while try to cheer for them for his sake. Seems like Jerry is finally making some of the tough decisions to try and get the cap in order.

yeah, but that's nothing a few glasses of wine and a "splash player" can't fix...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am going to sound like a jerk,but I hope Ware fails in Denver. He does not belong in the ring of honor next to all time greats like Aikman,Irvin and Emmitt Smith. Ware did get lots of sacks. Sadly one of the biggest plays he ever made was against the Saints in a regular season game. Where was he in the playoffs or in the win or go home games? He was a non factor. He was invisible

Well, You are right about one thing...