• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walters returns,TE Moeaki Added to 53 man roster

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both these moves as it will help the special teams. Richardson did well do not get me wrong but adding another vet to the team to help on special teams ( which has been pretty bad of late ) can only help. I believe Walters will get back to punt returns but Richardson is going to continue to return kickoffs. Even if you remove his 47 yard return he is still averaging 30 yards per on his other 3.

Moeaki is a intriguing pick-up, With Miller do to return soon this means someone is going to be released. Who will it be? Stone hands Willson? Not likely but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that Willson's hands went from average to some of the worst in the league. I do have hope he pulls a VD type move and it just clicks for him. I remember just how bad VD's hands were lol.

Little more Info on Moeaki
2010 47 for 556 11.8 and 3 TD ( 15 games )
2011 IR
2012 33 for 453 13.7 and 1 TD ( 15 games )
*This guy is injury prone but he does have talent if he can stay Healthy.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moeaki will be a nice red zone addition if injuries haven't obliterated his talent.

Walters returning punts I'm good with. If they take Richardson off of kickoffs I'll be disappointed, Walters offers nothing as a kick returner.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like taking a chance on Moeaki. The question has never been talent with him but health for sure. You really have nothing to lose since we are getting nothing out of the TE spot. Willson doesn't seem like the answer at the this point. Imagine TE is a top priority in the offseason. RW needs better options in the red zone.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moeaki will be a nice red zone addition if injuries haven't obliterated his talent.

Walters returning punts I'm good with. If they take Richardson off of kickoffs I'll be disappointed, Walters offers nothing as a kick returner.[/QUOTE]

FWIW the updated depth chart yesterday showed Walters on punts and Richardson on kickoffs. Hopefully Richardson is eventually the guy to do both but its a lot to ask for a rookie.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that Moaeki would be bad assed. Seems like injuries really stunted his career. If healthy, he could be a formidable weapon.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW the updated depth chart yesterday showed Walters on punts and Richardson on kickoffs. Hopefully Richardson is eventually the guy to do both but its a lot to ask for a rookie.

There is a lot less upside on punt returns. The only thing I really want from the punt returner is a guy who doesn't turn the ball over.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot less upside on punt returns. The only thing I really want from the punt returner is a guy who doesn't turn the ball over.

Right? I do miss Tate on offense, but when he was returning punts I would swear his mission in life was to give me a heart attack. I don't think the man ever waved for a fair catch.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that Moaeki would be bad assed. Seems like injuries really stunted his career. If healthy, he could be a formidable weapon.

That one handed diving grab for a TD his rookie season was probably the best catch of year by anybody. I don't think he can be that player again, but if he can contribute, even a little bit, it's a solid signing for us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a good idea whether Moeaki can block? Because we could surely use some help in that department from the TEs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a good idea whether Moeaki can block? Because we could surely use some help in that department from the TEs.

He is a good blocker, not the best but he will be the best blocking TE on this team till Miller returns. This is based off what he did before though. Having injuries in 2011 and 2013 that kept him out for full seasons though could have changed that. This guy has talent or had talent but the fact he was still out there means something. Have the injuries taken away his athletic ability? Right now we need him to revert if that is the case to his younger self. Maybe he looks at this as a last chance and really turns it on, maybe he can't? we will find out soon enough.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good blocker, not the best but he will be the best blocking TE on this team till Miller returns. This is based off what he did before though. Having injuries in 2011 and 2013 that kept him out for full seasons though could have changed that. This guy has talent or had talent but the fact he was still out there means something. Have the injuries taken away his athletic ability? Right now we need him to revert if that is the case to his younger self. Maybe he looks at this as a last chance and really turns it on, maybe he can't? we will find out soon enough.

I think this move works out and I bet our running game gets a boost as well. Plus I think our pass protection also gets back on track with Unger and Okung back in the line up as well.