• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wake up bitches!!! Two weeks until kickoff!

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks to go. Maybe I'll feel different after the season starts, but I just feel meh after all the college footbal corporate man-bunning in the past couple of years.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this realignment. I still think of Maryland in the ACC. Now UCLA and Rutgers are in the same conference. There doesn't seem to be many huge non-conference games. Texas-Michigan is the only one I seen.
I don,t look at west coast schools as acc,but here we are.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this realignment. I still think of Maryland in the ACC. Now UCLA and Rutgers are in the same conference. There doesn't seem to be many huge non-conference games. Texas-Michigan is the only one I seen.
Clemson/Georgia is a huge non conference game. Notre Dame/A&M week 1 is also a big one.
LSU/USC in Vegas and Bama going to Wisconsin are pretty big non conference games.

I dislike the realignment as well, and I’ll really miss the PAC 12, but I’m still very excited for college football. And while I was hesitant about the 12 team playoff at first, I think it’s a good idea, it makes things more exciting and I like how they incorporate the major bowls into the playoff.

I can’t wait for football to start - 2 weeks from now we have the first game in GA Tech/FSU from Ireland!

TheGoodMan19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson/Georgia is a huge non conference game. Notre Dame/A&M week 1 is also a big one.
LSU/USC in Vegas and Bama going to Wisconsin are pretty big non conference games.

I dislike the realignment as well, and I’ll really miss the PAC 12, but I’m still very excited for college football. And while I was hesitant about the 12 team playoff at first, I think it’s a good idea, it makes things more exciting and I like how they incorporate the major bowls into the playoff.

I can’t wait for football to start - 2 weeks from now we have the first game in GA Tech/FSU from Ireland!
On the surface, it will be nice for Penn State. Five seasons since 2016 the Lions have been 10-2 but couldn't get in because they couldn't beat Michigan and Ohio State. This year, they don't even play the Stupid Helmet Brigade but get Washington and a conference game in Los Angeles vs. USC.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface, it will be nice for Penn State. Five seasons since 2016 the Lions have been 10-2 but couldn't get in because they couldn't beat Michigan and Ohio State. This year, they don't even play the Stupid Helmet Brigade but get Washington and a conference game in Los Angeles vs. USC.
Penn St hosts Ohio St this year, on November 2, that will be a huge game.
I wonder if this is the year Penn St gets over the hump, they’ve had plenty of very good teams under James Franklin but no playoff appearances. If they can go 11-1 this year they are in, they could get in at 10-2 as well.
The Nittany Lions always have a strong D and their rushing attack should be one of CFBs best, if Drew Allar takes the next step and improves they will be a very dangerous team. They have an interesting opener at West Virginia, WVU had a strong season last year and returns most of their team so that could be a tough opener for Penn St.