• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Emerson has taken over as the Mariners best overall prospect according to the MLB prospects list. Personally, I think Michael Arroyo should be getting more attention as he has been performing very well at both A and A+ this season. I guess that's how it is when you were signed and not drafted because in my opinion he should be above Taj Peete and Johnny Farmelo whom were 1st round picks.

Also watching Cole Young and Harry Ford in their first full year at AA. I think they will just be solid players in the majors I don't think they will be anything special. I have a feeling that they were used at trade pieces at the deadline to acquire a bat but not many teams were interested.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Emerson has taken over as the Mariners best overall prospect according to the MLB prospects list. Personally, I think Michael Arroyo should be getting more attention as he has been performing very well at both A and A+ this season. I guess that's how it is when you were signed and not drafted because in my opinion he should be above Taj Peete and Johnny Farmelo whom were 1st round picks.

Also watching Cole Young and Harry Ford in their first full year at AA. I think they will just be solid players in the majors I don't think they will be anything special. I have a feeling that they were used at trade pieces at the deadline to acquire a bat but not many teams were interested.
Arroyo’s ranking is so weird. He has performed better than Young or Ford at Everett, is performing better than Laz. Reading all of the negatives on him he has overcome except K rate which is irrelevent if he can hit for a high average, power, walk rate and defense.

IMO it would be nice to see Young get called up to Tacoma and move Arroyo to Arkansas. Not saying Arroyo should get called up to Seattle next year but it just seems weird that Young is going to be in the running for starting 2B and is seems all prospect “experts” think little of him. I said this before but at what point does production>projection?