• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what two will be called up. No obvious choices by player, but probably by position instead. RP I am guessing.

What is the purpose of September Call Ups and expanding the roster to rookies?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For teams out of it, it was used to give top prospects some experience without accumulating service time. For playoff teams, it was to bolster the pen or maybe a defensive guy. Now you are limited to two callups, so not sure what most teams will do like the M's. Pen arms is the most typical.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what September call ups always were before they put the cap on it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For teams out of it, it was used to give top prospects some experience without accumulating service time. For playoff teams, it was to bolster the pen or maybe a defensive guy. Now you are limited to two callups, so not sure what most teams will do like the M's. Pen arms is the most typical.
Almost certainty one is going to be an arm. The other IMO needs to be Bliss or Marlowe. With how the roster is now though Ford would’ve been a great choice because they are playing with fire with running Cal into the ground and having Garver as backup.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost certainty one is going to be an arm. The other IMO needs to be Bliss or Marlowe. With how the roster is now though Ford would’ve been a great choice because they are playing with fire with running Cal into the ground and having Garver as backup.
I am not 100% sure, but don't they have to call up one position player and one pitcher? I thought they made that change when they changed to only 2 callups.

Marlowe is already up.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not 100% sure, but don't they have to call up one position player and one pitcher? I thought they made that change when they changed to only 2 callups.

Marlowe is already up.
Roster limits
Teams have been at the new normal 26-man levels all season. Come Sept. 1, through the rest of the season, active rosters will expand again to cover 28 players, no more, no less. Teams can carry 14 pitchers at most, too, to cut down on the endless parade of bullpen arms that often made September games a slog.

-------------------------------

We currently have 13 pitchers on roster so 1 arm, 1 fielder.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I apologize on Marlowe. he was sent down today and replaced with Bliss.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marlowe is already up.
I’m considering Canzone already as the call up. Jerry for some reason has a hard on for him. I don’t think it has to be a pitcher and hitter, just can’t be two pitchers…..which I still think you can but is pointless with the pitching rules. But could be wrong. Didn’t realize you could DH any player on the field until I read the actual rule.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster limits
Teams have been at the new normal 26-man levels all season. Come Sept. 1, through the rest of the season, active rosters will expand again to cover 28 players, no more, no less. Teams can carry 14 pitchers at most, too, to cut down on the endless parade of bullpen arms that often made September games a slog.

-------------------------------

We currently have 13 pitchers on roster so 1 arm, 1 fielder.
Well crap, you posted this prior to my reply.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is weird but does anyone but does anyone want to go to the Everett game on August 17th. I am going to buy tickets for my son and myself.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m considering Canzone already as the call up. Jerry for some reason has a hard on for him. I don’t think it has to be a pitcher and hitter, just can’t be two pitchers…..which I still think you can but is pointless with the pitching rules. But could be wrong. Didn’t realize you could DH any player on the field until I read the actual rule.
Lol. I forgot about Canzone.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is weird but does anyone but does anyone want to go to the Everett game on August 17th. I am going to buy tickets for my son and myself.
Man if I lived closer I would in a heartbeat. Enjoy the game and let us know how it goes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if I lived closer I would in a heartbeat. Enjoy the game and let us know how it goes.
I will. But from looking at numbers, I truly don’t understand why Arroyo isn’t the number one Mariners prospect.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. But from looking at numbers, I truly don’t understand why Arroyo isn’t the number one Mariners prospect.
I thought that as well, but I only see highlights so harder for me to judge.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the devil

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the devil

Booooo, I’m not Anti Canzone, I just don’t think they should build a roster where he is a starter or even mentioned in the conversation of building the roster. You hated that they did that for Kelenic, but Kelenic could provide something besides power only.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that as well, but I only see highlights so harder for me to judge.
I’ve only seen numbers as well. But eventually numbers matter somewhere don’t they? At Everett he was better than Ford or Yoing. He has been 3 times the player Montes has been. Farmelo got hurt, Peete is a raw talent, Emerson just got the call up after being injured a few times. I’m just really curious at what point does production>projection.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booooo, I’m not Anti Canzone, I just don’t think they should build a roster where he is a starter or even mentioned in the conversation of building the roster. You hated that they did that for Kelenic, but Kelenic could provide something besides power only.
They both are/were platoon players. Only on a team as bad as the Mariners do they even enter the conversation of starter. I think Calzone might have the most power on the team, but I don't understand why we didn't go out and replace him with something better. Well he is cheap so I do know why, but he is no building block.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both are/were platoon players. Only on a team as bad as the Mariners do they even enter the conversation of starter. I think Calzone might have the most power on the team, but I don't understand why we didn't go out and replace him with something better. Well he is cheap so I do know why, but he is no building block.
Autocorrects to Calzone every time. Just change his name already. :)