• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT doies seem that BB is making sure that he doesn't get a young, smart, modern guy

You can't be serious. So Bill is going out of his way to suck?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious. So Bill is going out of his way to suck?
No. He's cheap. He doesn't pay the going rates and the team is paying for it.

Report on BST 1/23/2023:

Matt Patricia appears to be out. BB knew he didn't have to pay him and gave him the keys to the car. It didn't work and Patricia severely damaged the car. Bill is not looking for a top quality young guy from outside his coaching tree because hiring a Johnson or Vrabel just might show that there is a serious need for youthful enthusiasm. BB doesn't have anything close to it left in his tank. The five guys that he's interviewed want the job of OC and if BB can't get O'Brien, he'll settle for someone he can control.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, I think that it may be time for Bill to start seriously considering playing on his boat full time. His "Best for the Team" is bullshit. Giving Patricia the offense shouldn't even have been considered, and Caley should have been given the opportunity. If the same thing happened as it did in 2022, then you move on, but at least an offensive brain would have been calling plays. Right now, Bill is not doing what might be best for the Patriots, he's looking for his own comfort zone.

Whether you agree or not, unless real offensive brain is added, this team is doomed to repeat 2022.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's cheap. He doesn't pay the going rates and the team is paying for it.

Report on BST 1/23/2023:

Matt Patricia appears to be out. BB knew he didn't have to pay him and gave him the keys to the car. It didn't work and Patricia severely damaged the car. Bill is not looking for a top quality young guy from outside his coaching tree because hiring a Johnson or Vrabel just might show that there is a serious need for youthful enthusiasm. BB doesn't have anything close to it left in his tank. The five guys that he's interviewed want the job of OC and if BB can't get O'Brien, he'll settle for someone he can control.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, I think that it may be time for Bill to start seriously considering playing on his boat full time. His "Best for the Team" is bullshit. Giving Patricia the offense shouldn't even have been considered, and Caley should have been given the opportunity. If the same thing happened as it did in 2022, then you move on, but at least an offensive brain would have been calling plays. Right now, Bill is not doing what might be best for the Patriots, he's looking for his own comfort zone.

Whether you agree or not, unless real offensive brain is added, this team is doomed to repeat 2022.
If coaches do not count against the cap why assume he is not willing to pay coaches. At that point it's not his cap monies it's Krafts money. If Kraft has directed him to fix it as you have implied WTF does BB care about the money spent on coaches.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first step in the right direction. Hopefully BB will allow him to have input for NFL Draft 2023.
I really, really hope the spend cap money on the O Line then trade down in the draft. Secure the Tackle position and trade down. A Lot of depth at WR this year, reasonable depth at TE and LB. Talent on CB which I say grab early.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hope the spend cap money on the O Line then trade down in the draft. Secure the Tackle position and trade down. A Lot of depth at WR this year, reasonable depth at TE and LB. Talent on CB which I say grab early.
We know that Bill will never do what we hope or think he should do. If Scar is still scouting and talking with BB, there may be a couple of nuggets that we have no idea exist. We'll freak out on all three days of the draft because he didn't take one of the four guys that will be at the top of everyone's list. Maybe there's a Nick Kaczur or Matt Light out there or another unknown Logan Mankins.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that Bill will never do what we hope or think he should do. If Scar is still scouting and talking with BB, there may be a couple of nuggets that we have no idea exist. We'll freak out on all three days of the draft because he didn't take one of the four guys that will be at the top of everyone's list. Maybe there's a Nick Kaczur or Matt Light out there or another unknown Logan Mankins.
I sure as heck hop is scar is scouting for us. I really feel we address RT in the FA Market, I just feel with a thin OT draft it's critical to address in FA market seeing as we actually have cap space this year.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If coaches do not count against the cap why assume he is not willing to pay coaches. At that point it's not his cap monies it's Krafts money. If Kraft has directed him to fix it as you have implied WTF does BB care about the money spent on coaches.
Because he makes more of the pie. Supposedly he is making close to 30 mill a year

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your response to O'Brien?

In all honesty I would like to have seen a younger coach more in tune with today's NFL. Someone willing to think outside the box and create a more dynamic and explosive offense. That being said our QB situation is not geared towards that and it would require a drafting a more mobile and athletic QB. What O'Brien brings is the ability to work with a pocket passer, he needs to get Mac comfortable with stepping up into the pocket. My concern is the entire team no progressing into today's NFL. The day's of the pure pocket passer seem to be coming to an end.

This being said there is a QB on intrerest to me we can take in round three or four. Hendon Hooker Tenn. Good passer, very mobile, can develope over a year or two and move us toward the future of the position.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, they have an OC.

Hey Bill, what about a DC?

Let's get all of the pieces in place and not have a "shared" defense.

Your son Steve is not ready to take over. Everyone knows that Mayo schedules all defensive meetings and practices. He also works with the entire front seven. Belichick brothers handle the secondary. Steve has been given game defensive play calling responsibility.

So let's bring Boyer back, or better yet, give ayo the title officially.

Give Judge the ST.

NOw you have a formal organization and you can concentrate on game planning and bumping off Shula.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, they have an OC.

Hey Bill, what about a DC?

Let's get all of the pieces in place and not have a "shared" defense.

Your son Steve is not ready to take over. Everyone knows that Mayo schedules all defensive meetings and practices. He also works with the entire front seven. Belichick brothers handle the secondary. Steve has been given game defensive play calling responsibility.

So let's bring Boyer back, or better yet, give ayo the title officially.

Give Judge the ST.

NOw you have a formal organization and you can concentrate on game planning and bumping off Shula.
Apparently, Mayo is very good at some duties and Steve is good at others.
Working together seems to be effective.
Make small improvements to our very good defense and concentrate on the offense!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think while better than Patricia I would like to have moved in a different direction

I agree. I'm not heartbroken that he's back but I started getting excited about some of these new names and what they might bring to the table.

Anyway, BOB is better than the pencil guy and already knows Mac and the offense assuming Mac is still the guy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has not been a problem.
Agreed there have been breakdowns but those are expected. Every defense ever has been burned more than a few times in the course of a season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be big!

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why people say BOB is familiar with Jones??? He never coached him at Alabama. BOB took over as the OC after Mac left.