• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isnt a team i get more nervous for than GT because of the fact that they play that trick bull shit keepaway offense. and basically losing to GT fucks us for winning the ACC Title most likely

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but for some reason I feel really good about this one. It amy be because it is a home opener and we had extra time. it may be that I feel really good about our O putting up a ton of points. I am not sure, just feeling it.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel good about the game for these reasons
1) At least an extra week to prepare
2) Strength of our D is the D-line which is the most important unit in stopping the triple option. Make the QB make decisions early and gets some shots in on him when he's too slow so even when he gets it out on time, he remembers you were right there
3) GT's front 7 and D in general is a mess with injuries, suspensions, and graduation. I like the potential of our O-line as run blockers and we should be able to run on them all night long
4) Unlike most years they don't have the freakish WR who can catch jump balls

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about the game for these reasons
1) At least an extra week to prepare
2) Strength of our D is the D-line which is the most important unit in stopping the triple option. Make the QB make decisions early and gets some shots in on him when he's too slow so even when he gets it out on time, he remembers you were right there
3) GT's front 7 and D in general is a mess with injuries, suspensions, and graduation. I like the potential of our O-line as run blockers and we should be able to run on them all night long
4) Unlike most years they don't have the freakish WR who can catch jump balls

I needed that Fooz. I'm getting really nervous about this game (of course I always do), but I hate playing GT. I needed some rational thoughts about it. All I can think of is stupid Paul Johnson playing keep away and us not scoring enough

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to build a lead early. That's the real key to beating a triple option team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of that. UNLESS it is a torrential downpour (not sure it is going to do that). That scenario could make for a long game, alot of turnovers, terrible field conditions, etc. which still IMO favors VT. I like the fact that this game is at home, we have had extra time to prepare and be healthy, both teams will likely/possibly be a little bit rusty on O (which in GT's system vs. our D = Turnovers). I like our chances in this game too, but it is always a tough out with the Ramblin' Wreck...

OT: Like how Clemson and FSU played yesterday. They will be very tough games but glad the (top end) of ACC showed well. The rest of the Atalntic is obviously going to be garbage though.

I don't know about field conditions. Lane's ground crew are pretty badass. I've sat through a few down pours (Miami 3 years ago being the most recent) and the field holds up remarkably well. Myself on the other hand, I get soaking wet even with all my rain gear...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameday!!! START JUMPING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather.com is saying scattered thunderstorms pretty much all day. Hopefully they're scattered throughout the rest of the NRV. And I'm pretty sure we will win. Like the rest of you, I just have a good feeling.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameday! Hope everyone has a great day! As for me, I'm going to grill some steaks, bake some potatoes, get my #4 jersey out and watch the Hokies squash the Bees.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody be twice as loud and jump twice as much for me.
*Goes and cries in a corner*

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAMEDAY! Solid power hour scheduled. Followed by tailgating and more tailgating.

Hope the weather holds off, but just like the rest of you guys I'm sure, we won't be deterred by any amount of rain. FYI if there is lightning within 8 miles of the stadium everybody has to evacuate the stands. They're a little more organized than the last time GT visited us for a big opening game (everybody remember that?). Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

I'm part native american. So to be certain we don't get delayed, I'll do my anti-rain/lightning dance.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be watching from Pittsburgh. If it had been a Saturday game, I could have made it, but someone (Hokie200Proof) is getting married next Saturday and I already have a short week at work.

I guess, a wedding to another Hokie gal who is a football freak, is a good excuse though ;).

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if this game were on a saturday then i could have made it, but unfortunately i have work at 8 and its the first day of school in fairfax (im a teacher), wouldnt want to start off like that haha. cant wait for kickoff tonight, its been far too long! my prediction- 31-13 hokies