• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"they need to give holmes the rock more"

Once it was clear LT was way off I would've tried to run the ball more either with him or someone else

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the coverage was pretty bad, particularly on that fourth down play they converted. 3 DBs on one guy all of them playing loose coverage

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jarrett jacked up Washington and next thing you know he takes a loss followed by an INT. Maybe that hit made him make a couple of bad reads

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"they need to give holmes the rock more"

Once it was clear LT was way off I would've tried to run the ball more either with him or someone else

Last year everyone complained of us trying the same runs when they wouldn't work though. I think our approach was fine, the execution was just horrible until the clutch.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fuller saved our ass.
2. Our DBs were the worst part of the defense today, hands down.
3. I didn't care that Journell was back this summer too much but I should have.
4. Marcus Davis was the biggest disappointment for me.
5. Anyone know anything on Coles?

Both Fuller's saved our ass. I didn't expect Davis to be huge, but he made a few plays. Where was Dyrell Roberts.

The playcalling was very suspect at times. What the fuck is Stiney doing up in the both with OCain?....besides distracting him.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the coverage was pretty bad, particularly on that fourth down play they converted. 3 DBs on one guy all of them playing loose coverage

Dietrick Bonner is still a liability.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game if you're a guy looking for entertainment. But if you're VT fans, I think we just lost a year off our lives due to stress on the heart. Whew. We used a "Get Out of Jail Free" card on that one.

Just some thoughts in no particular order

The Good:

-RBs looked good, especially JC. Personally I think he and Holmes carries should be closer to 50-50.

-Corey Fuller looked solid. Could be a potential possesion WR we've been looking for with Coale gone

-The defense. Nuff said

-The no quit attitude of the team. It looked bleak several times but they never went down.

The Bad:

-Special teams. Journell had two clutch kicks but missed on. And then the botched punt off the (imo) bad snap. C+ performance out of them but at least they got it done when it mattered.

-Injuries to Coles and Davis. Could be bad but I'm confident in our youth.

-3 QBs sneak from the 1 and no TD. Replay that film to the O-line for the rest of the year. Embarrassing

-Logan Thomas gets a C+. He stuck with it and made some good plays but the fact is if he played to his expected potential, we wouldn't have been in the position we were. Very inaccurate. He locked onto WRs and rushed throws. He looked like the LT from the first 5 games last year that was inconsistent at best, not the LT post Miami that has NFL scouts drooling

Breath a sigh of relief boys. Quick turnaround to AP. There better NOT be a repeat of what happened last time with a quick turnaround.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thoughts are:

Wow, Logan's throws were not on point for the most part
Logan needs to run less
JC needs to touch the ball a lot more
Hughes looked good aside from the one mishandled snap
D looks pretty good, missed a few too many tackles for my taste

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breath a sigh of relief boys. Quick turnaround to AP. There better NOT be a repeat of what happened last time with a quick turnaround.

I'm hoping since we pulled out the win, we should be okay. Add in that AP got blown out by Western Kentucky, I'm not too worried about game #2.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Most disappointing 1) Marcus Davis 2) O-line 3) LT

Everybody else did good to great I think

JC needs more touches. He got positive yards just about every time

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think we need more of a run game, but I could say the same for the passing game lol. Glad it works out this way though, we have a game against a weaker opponent to hit our stride, get the running backs some reps, and maybe heal up our receivers. Losing both Davis and Coles for a while though might be too much to recover from. I wonder if the shirt would come off Caleb

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only guy who loved what I saw out of Jarrett tonight.

Jarrett and JGW were the big hitters from what I saw. Also Maddy was exceptional and just looks like a freak of nature out there, I hadn't appreciated it in the past.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like at least 2-3 big hits out of him. Who was the other safety? Bonner? You could barely even tell he was there.

I was DVRing the fuck out of it and showing the Mrs how to defend the option (tons of chalk talk because she eats that shit up). Bonner was fine but the play went away from him most of the time. He looked fine out there at FS.