• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VP Right Again - Hafner > Your Oft Injured DH

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's old, old news, but does anyone remember when Fred Davis was being sued by that high class madame for throwing a drink on her and they both chose to represent themselves in court?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i dont want revis for a first rounder really...if he was completely healthy maybe.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I know it's old, old news, but does anyone remember when Fred Davis was being sued by that high class madame for throwing a drink on her and they both chose to represent themselves in court?

no but it sounds like hilarity might ensue

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no but it sounds like hilarity might ensue

Why a millionaire chooses not to hire a lawyer is beyond me

here's some of the transcript:

Makini Chaka cross-examination of Fred Davis, February 11, 2011

Chaka: Mr. Davis, you said that you did not know me on a friendship level. Is it true that I have, that I have or have not been to your home?

Davis: You’ve never been to my house. You’ve dropped someone off, a teammate to my house but that was it.

Chaka: I’ve never stayed the night at your home?

Davis: You’ve never stayed at my house ever. Ever.

Chaka: I’ve never been in your recording studio at your home?

Davis: No. You’ve never been—like I’m not going to, I don’t know how—

Chaka: So we never hung out at your house and stayed the night over there . . . and watched episodes of Martin before.

Davis: You’ve never, ever stayed at my house. You’ve been at Devin’s house, [former Redskins wide receiver] Devin Thomas’s, that’s another teammate of mine. You’re naming things that we’ve done over his house. He has a studio in his house. He has all those things that you’re talking about. I mean, as far as you coming to my house, you dropped someone off.

Chaka: Was there ever, was there ever a time that you and I were both at Devin’s house together?

Davis: Yes you’ve been there. You’re friends with him. Yes.

Chaka cross-examination of Davis, April 10, 2012

Chaka: Well, let’s look at your document. It says December the 3rd, 2012. What’s today’s date, Mr. Davis?

Davis: I don’t know. I don’t know.

Chaka: What’s the date of today?

Davis: I don’t know what today is. All I know is I had court today.

Chaka: You don’t know what today’s date is? His document is not even valid.

Davis: What are you talking about? . . .

Chaka: Well, according to your statement, to bullet No. 5, it says that this event happened December 3rd, 2012.

Davis: Okay, and, what about it?

Chaka: Has December 3rd, 2012 even happened yet?

Davis: What?

Chaka: What? That’s the same thing I’m saying, Mr. Davis.

Davis: It was a misprint. Okay, December 3rd, 2011, okay, great.

Chaka: You signed an official document that you turned into the court—

Davis: With the wrong date, okay, all right.

Chaka: Stating that this incident happened on this date when there’s no such thing.

Davis: Okay, it’s a misprint.

Chaka: There’s no such event that could have ever happened on December the 3rd, 2012.

Davis: A misprint, okay.

Chaka: It’s not valid.

Davis: It is a misprint. It is a misprint.

Chaka cross-examination of Davis on February 11, 2011

Chaka: Also, Mr. Davis, you said that once that the liquid was thrown at you in the club that your eyes were, were burning.

Davis: Yes.

Chaka: However, you returned less than three minutes later to throw the drink on me. So if your eyes were burning and you were that much of a, of a victim, why didn’t you leave the club?

Davis: Well, because I mean, first of all it was my [birthday] party. If anything, you should have had to leave because it was my party and I mean, like, like I’m supposed to be having a good time. Second of all, it don’t take that long to rub liquor out of your face. I mean it took me about two or three minutes to get my eyes like right. Like wow, I still was blurry vision and my eyes were still burning that night for the whole night. After that, I was like, well, shoot, that’s crazy, that’s messed up, so after that I grabbed the juice and I poured it on you. That was it.

Chaka: So if your eyes were burning, why didn’t you seek medical attention as I have—

Davis: Because—

Chaka: —for my, my injury from you?

Davis: I don’t have any personal vendetta. I don’t have any personal reason to get money out of you, I mean, like for what? Why would I do that? I can take care of myself. I don’t need to seek medical attention, I’m getting Lasik eye surgery, yeah, but other than that, I’m not going to try to make you pay for it. Why? I don’t, I wouldn’t even give you the satisfaction, so.

Chaka: I have no further questions, Your Honor.

Chaka cross-examination of Davis on April 10, 2012

Chaka: Let’s look at these photos right here. Because I went to college. I go back to my homecoming every year. Why? Because a building on the campus named after a family of my family.

Davis: So, they use a pimp cup, that’s all.

Chaka: Mr. Davis, I’m drinking out of a decorated accessory as many celebrities do.

Davis: Many celebrities as who, Magic Don Juan that’s a pimp?

Chaka: As Paris Hilton, as Snoop Dog, as Little John—I work with celebrities. Don’t you think it could have been a gift from one of them?

Chaka cross-examination of Davis, April 10, 2012

Davis: But as it shows, you also have your hands on his genitals. I mean, why would you take a picture like that?

Chaka: I do not. Let’s look closely at the exhibit right here, Judge. Where is my hand placed in this exhibit?

Judge: I don’t answer questions, Ms. Chaka.

Chaka: Oh, sorry.

Judge: The witness does.

Chaka: Can you tell me where my hand is actually at in this photo?

Davis: It looks like it’s in the genitals to me. I mean your hands are on his genitals. Your hand is on his—

Chaka: Objection.

Hopefully that all posts...sorry in advance for the long post

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone copies the patriots:

Philadelphia Eagles tight end Brent Celek believes new coach Chip Kelly's fast-break offense will reshape the NFL.

"From a communication standpoint, it's going to change the game," Celek told reporters.

"Just the way they can communicate plays and get us into the stuff that's pretty cool. It's something I never even thought was possible in the NFL. He has a reason why each play is called what it is. And it all makes sense."

i
From a communication standpoint, it's going to change the game. Just the way they can communicate plays and get us into the stuff that's pretty cool. It's something I never even thought was possible in the NFL. He has a reason why each play is called what it is. And it all makes sense.
” --Eagles tight end Brent Celek on coach Chip Kelly's offense​
Kelly's formations and pace is expected to be vastly different from predecessor Andy Reid, who incorporated the West Coast offense in Philadelphia. The Eagles, who went 4-12 in 2012, averaged just 17.5 points to rank 29th in the league.

"It's different," Celek said of Kelly's offense. "Things change. And I love what coach Kelly has brought here so far. I can't say that we're going to be super successful. But from a communication standpoint, it's insane."

The New England Patriots under Bill Belichick already use a version of Kelly's high-speed, one-word play calls. Last season, the offense helped New England produce a league-high 557 points.

In addition to the offense, Celek also is excited about the energy level that Kelly has created with background music during practices.

"It makes it fun," Celek said. "When you're not out on the field doing actual plays, it just keeps you going. It's like sitting in a nice restaurant with some background music."

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want revis for a first rounder really...if he was completely healthy maybe.

That has been the point the whole time. VP displayed his infinite wisdom by guaranteeing the Jets trade him for a 1st round pick. At first even silly enough to promise it will be to a super bowl contender like "Broncos, 9ers, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, and Patriots."

He just doesn't understand the NFL much, forgive him.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Wallace, former Blue Jays 12 time MVP winner to-be was just sent down by the Astros for hitting like a Blue Jays

Remember when Brett Wallace was Brett Lawrie before Brett Lawrie was Brett Lawrie? Those were the good 'ol (Scott Richmond) days

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
what a fuckin diatribe uno..

neither one of them are very bright by the sounds of it though

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Wallace, former Blue Jays 12 time MVP winner to-be was just sent down by the Astros for hitting like a Blue Jays

Remember when Brett Wallace was Brett Lawrie before Brett Lawrie was Brett Lawrie? Those were the good 'ol (Scott Richmond) days

Perhaps the most unfortunate looking dude in MLB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the only cost, I think it's a steal for the Buccs, mainly because it's a horribly weak draft class. Whatever you take at 13, chances are he won't make the impact that Revis can next couple of seasons

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That has been the point the whole time. VP displayed his infinite wisdom by guaranteeing the Jets trade him for a 1st round pick. At first even silly enough to promise it will be to a super bowl contender like "Broncos, 9ers, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, and Patriots."

He just doesn't understand the NFL much, forgive him.

all i hear is adrian peterson came back better than ever....well thats one guy..if the bucs let go of anything more than a conditional first rounder in 2014 they are stupid...if we get the revis from 2 or 3 years ago he is worth a first...if we get jeremiah castille it isnt

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If that's the only cost, I think it's a steal for the Buccs, mainly because it's a horribly weak draft class. Whatever you take at 13, chances are he won't make the impact that Revis can next couple of seasons

assuming revis is healthy and hasnt lost anything....no guarantee of that

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was definitely high sites for him when the Cardinals drafted him.