• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vontaze Burfict

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every round that went by in the draft I was getting more and more frustrated. Why won't the browns draft this guy? We just switched to a 3-4, we had no depth at LB. I wanted us to draft him so bad I created him on my madden team. Now he leads the nfl in tackles. The most idiotic thing a gm can do is pass a guy in the draft for character issues. If he can play he can play, if you can't coach him up and inspire him that's YOUR incompetence. He IS the most penalized player in the nfl, but I'll take that trade off.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or passing the honey badger for Leon McFadden...because of character issues. Go f#ck yourself Lombardi

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of my friends on the pats board really wanted to draft him too. his slow 40 and character issues were overblown. hes just a good football player, like maualuga and brandon spikes they ran terrible 40s as well. 40 times are not that important for run stuffing inside linebacks. teams paased on him got owned.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the patriots and bengals are the ones that consistently take chances on players with "bad character" issues.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every round that went by in the draft I was getting more and more frustrated. Why won't the browns draft this guy? We just switched to a 3-4, we had no depth at LB. I wanted us to draft him so bad I created him on my madden team. Now he leads the nfl in tackles. The most idiotic thing a gm can do is pass a guy in the draft for character issues. If he can play he can play, if you can't coach him up and inspire him that's YOUR incompetence. He IS the most penalized player in the nfl, but I'll take that trade off.

In Burfict's case the Bengals gamble paid off. Not sure that is a general prescription, however. There is a long list of players on whom that bet has gone the other way.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Burfict's case the Bengals gamble paid off. Not sure that is a general prescription, however. There is a long list of players on whom that bet has gone the other way.

Pacman is my worst example off the top of my head but even he can ball.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman is my worst example off the top of my head but even he can ball.

Hard to top Erin Hernandez as an example of a guy who a team would like to stay away from. He could play too, when he wasn't murdering people!

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think going undrafted sent a message to him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict was a stud at ASU, but he made so many bone-headed plays. I'm talking game changing personal fouls. As a guy who watched him his entire college career, I didn't think he would pan-out in the NFL because he couldn't control his emotions.

Thus far he as proven to be a great asset to cincy. I hope he continues to produce and mature. It is always nice to see an ASU guy making plays in the NFL.