• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller praises Tom Brady

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to be gracious when you are the SB winning MVP. Brady has never been known for his graciousness.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh makes fair sense with Brady. Some QBs are harder to get into their head because their mental fortitude is pretty up there. Others just fold (like Mr. Newton). Dalton is another one that seems easy to trash talk.

Rothelisberger also seems to come to mind in terms of another QB you'd have a difficult time trash talking.

Brady just looked tired in that game against Denver. No doubt the pass rush just completely shut Brady down, but that team was so banged up at that point, I feel Brady just felt that season was done. It's why dominant defenses routinely get in the SBOWL. If you can't deal with the pass rush and the run rush is formidable (assuming the opposing team can even run effectively) you're just done. You have to force throws, try and hold onto the ball as long as possible to give your WRs a chance because everyone is pressing, which results in fumbles/sacks, etc.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to be gracious when you are the SB winning MVP. Brady has never been known for his graciousness.

taking pay cuts so he can get players around him doesn't apply I guess

Reactions: BUD

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh makes fair sense with Brady. Some QBs are harder to get into their head because their mental fortitude is pretty up there. Others just fold (like Mr. Newton). Dalton is another one that seems easy to trash talk.

Rothelisberger also seems to come to mind in terms of another QB you'd have a difficult time trash talking.

Brady just looked tired in that game against Denver. No doubt the pass rush just completely shut Brady down, but that team was so banged up at that point, I feel Brady just felt that season was done. It's why dominant defenses routinely get in the SBOWL. If you can't deal with the pass rush and the run rush is formidable (assuming the opposing team can even run effectively) you're just done. You have to force throws, try and hold onto the ball as long as possible to give your WRs a chance because everyone is pressing, which results in fumbles/sacks, etc.

Yeah he was getting decked left and right, pretty hard to feel confident you'd win. Credit Miller and the rest of the Broncos D that's for sure.

Also - Brady never praised CJ Anderson after the loss either.... right?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair point. Still, do you think that players who do that are entirely altruistic? I'm not so sure.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. Still, do you think that players who do that are entirely altruistic? I'm not so sure.

I'm sure most aren't but I think Brady is... Granted he is getting his "ugg" money so he probably doesn't really care, plus he just uses Giselle's money anyway

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to take a pay cut when you make twice as much as any other player on the team and have a rich wife.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to take a pay cut when you make twice as much as any other player on the team and have a rich wife.

Yet he seems to be the only player who does it

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see that as gracious, particularly considering that Brady makes pretty decent coin via endorsements. I do see it as a serious effort on Brady's part to help improve the Pats by any means available to him and I can dig that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that as gracious, particularly considering that Brady makes pretty decent coin via endorsements. I do see it as a serious effort on Brady's part to help improve the Pats by any means available to him and I can dig that.
Most top 10 QBs are all making huge endorsement deals. Even RGIII and I'm sure other are doing local deals. Why aren't they alldoing it. Endorsements not an excuse. If they are than Pay-A-Ton has a lot of explaining to do.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most top 10 QBs are all making huge endorsement deals. Even RGIII and I'm sure other are doing local deals. Why aren't they alldoing it. Endorsements not an excuse. If they are than Pay-A-Ton has a lot of explaining to do.

OK. I still don't see Brady taking less to help improve the Pats as gracious. Nor do I think any other QBs are married to a person who annually makes more than double what they make like Brady.

You can go on thinking Brady's being gracious by taking less money if you want to though. And here's a preemptive "My bad." if you are indeed correct.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he was more frustrated than defeated. That really is the essence of Tom Brady. He was still battling until the very end and almost pulled it off (with some help from the Gronk) despite the fearsome Denver Rush. He's been quoted as still bitching about the end of the game and not finishing it off like a broken record with whoever he talks to

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was more frustrated than defeated. That really is the essence of Tom Brady. He was still battling until the very end and almost pulled it off (with some help from the Gronk) despite the fearsome Denver Rush. He's been quoted as still bitching about the end of the game and not finishing it off like a broken record with whoever he talks to

Eh that's probably a better word to use.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I still don't see Brady taking less to help improve the Pats as gracious. Nor do I think any other QBs are married to a person who annually makes more than double what they make like Brady.

You can go on thinking Brady's being gracious by taking less money if you want to though. And here's a preemptive "My bad." if you are indeed correct.
The fiscal portion is only one part of his being gracious in both wins and losses. No he doesn't like to lose but who does. He still loses with grace. Doesn't ever take credit for wins but ensures he gives props to his teammates. Gave Butler his MVP truck. Brady haters just want to hate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fiscal portion is only one part of his being gracious in both wins and losses. No he doesn't like to lose but who does. He still loses with grace. Doesn't ever take credit for wins but ensures he gives props to his teammates. Gave Butler his MVP truck. Brady haters just want to hate.

and he also gives praise and credit to the opposition. Doesn't try to blame anyone....

Sure he swears at officials but he doesn't flop around on the sidelines like Newton did