• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller facing possible 4 game suspension

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Von Miller to have suspension appeal heard Aug. 15 - CBSSports.com

Looks like we'll learn more come Thursday..... Stay tuned!

This is one of those things I really have no idea how it is going to go. There are so many rumors swarming the internet of what happened to cause this that it is hard to really know the truth. Miller and the Broncos seem very confident that he will not be suspended but at the same time at least if he is the Broncos will have 3 weeks to figure out how to play a few games without him.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow the sports writers on Bleacher Report he is already suspended and we will do no better than 2-2 while he is out and finish 10-6 or worse.

I cannot wait for Thursday and I hope the news is that the suspension has been lifted.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow the sports writers on Bleacher Report he is already suspended and we will do no better than 2-2 while he is out and finish 10-6 or worse.

I cannot wait for Thursday and I hope the news is that the suspension has been lifted.

from what little i've heard it sounds more and more like he might beat the rap. guess we'll find out in a little while...

lol, that'd be good news for you guys...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what little i've heard it sounds more and more like he might beat the rap. guess we'll find out in a little while...

lol, that'd be good news for you guys...

It definitely would be huge as the defense for the most part is built around him and his ability. Like I said before there is so much information out there it is hard to know what to believe. When this all first came out he had done steroids then it switched to marijuana and other miscellaneous drugs, and now it has switched to he actually has not tested positive for anything but possibly missed a drug test for an unknown number of reasons.

The 2 main things that seem to now be considered facts is somebody from the NFL office leaked information that they were not supposed to making the NFL look very foolish in the process and that he did not actually test positive for anything but was/is in the drug program for a mistake a few years back.

Right now I have no idea how this is going to go. Very rarely do players beat these things but at the same time he and the Broncos seem very confident that he is going to beat this and have been from the beginning. Hopefully the rumor of him being overseas with the troops is true but my thought is if that is true they would have already made a decision as to not embarrass themselves even more if it does come out that way. Oh well just 2 more days!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's why I don't follow Bleacher Report. It's basically the sports equivalent to the National Enquirer, and why CNN took it on and dropped SI I still have no clue. :noidea:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I don't follow Bleacher Report. It's basically the sports equivalent to the National Enquirer, and why CNN took it on and dropped SI I still have no clue. :noidea:

A lot of their articles are interesting, in a thought provoking way (one that gave a great breakdown of the zone blocking and why RBs are successful there). It is just sometimes the logic goes missing when they are doing rankings or predicting wins. One article ranking defenses said the broncos defense will be around 18th best this year. The reasoning, ravens put up 38 on us in the playoffs. He had the 49ers and packers D in the top 10, conveniently ignoring the 49ers rocking the packers and the the ravens rocking the 49ers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of their articles are interesting, in a thought provoking way (one that gave a great breakdown of the zone blocking and why RBs are successful there). It is just sometimes the logic goes missing when they are doing rankings or predicting wins. One article ranking defenses said the broncos defense will be around 18th best this year. The reasoning, ravens put up 38 on us in the playoffs. He had the 49ers and packers D in the top 10, conveniently ignoring the 49ers rocking the packers and the the ravens rocking the 49ers.

They definitely do seem to be one of the more hypocritical sports spots on the internet. What takes one team down in ranking is completely ignored in the next. Essentially the 49ers defense gave up 27 points to the Ravens offense and the Broncos gave up 28 with 14 of that on plays of 50 yards or more. The defenses both were not a great showing of how well they had played all season and had some major mental errors that did not show up very often during the season. Anyway all that to say especially when it comes to their rankings I just about completely ignore anything they have to say. They do have some nice informative pieces on things like you mentioned but even those sometimes are misleading and make me question whether the writer knows what they are talking about.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely one of the more bizarre possible suspension cases I've ever seen. Usually, these things are pretty quick to unfold, with the player usually having to eat a couple games at best.

The more and more I'm hearing/reading (albeit rumors) the more I'm thinking he didn't do anything wrong. I would be surprised to hear that he just missed his appointment and that brought this all down.

I hope he beats it. I just got my Von jersey damn it, and I wanna be able to wear it pronto! More importantly though.....our defense is far more intimidating with him in there. I actually think Phillips could fill in admirably, but obviously, we'd rather have Von in there.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIller was arrested this weekend for a failure to appear on a traffic citation in Centennial.

7NEWS - Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller arrested on outstanding traffic warrant - Broncos Story

Timing is kind of strange. The warrant was issued in January, it's not like they did not know where to find him.

This could impact his suspension hearing tomorrow. Arapahoe County DA must be a Patriots or Ravens Fan.

Yeah, I agree the timing is rather suspect. However, since this is a simple traffic citation, it's possible it won't factor in. Now if it were something more reckless, like DUI or Hit and Run, that is a different story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree the timing is rather suspect. However, since this is a simple traffic citation, it's possible it won't factor in. Now if it were something more reckless, like DUI or Hit and Run, that is a different story.

From what I have read it is a reckless driving, driving without a license, and failure to produce proof of insurance. Yes they are not as bad as some like DUI but those are nothing to laugh at either. Why does this kid not have a license?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it will not have an effect on his appeal. Failure to appear and being arrested is a serious offense in the eyes of the No Fun League Grand Poobah Roger Goodell.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read it is a reckless driving, driving without a license, and failure to produce proof of insurance. Yes they are not as bad as some like DUI but those are nothing to laugh at either. Why does this kid not have a license?

I read it was careless driving, not reckless. Big difference there. And the other citations could be the result of him not having the documents on his person at the time he was pulled over.

If the infraction were that serious, he would have been arrested on the spot. So, while it's possible, I have my doubts this will have any effect on the hearing. Even if the NFL were to see it as a transgression of their conduct policy, that's under an entire set of rules from where the suspension is coming from. It would most likely be handled as a seperate case by the NFL.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe it was actually "careless" driving..which is what you can be ticketed for by using your cell phone while driving, among other things. Along with failing to provide proof of insurance, he apparently didnt have his license on him. I dont think they suggested that he did not have a drivers license, but simply didnt have it with him. same way with the proof of insurance. He will have to account for the careless driving charges, but the others will be dropped just by showing them the documents. I have been in similar situations a couple times before..even the resulting FTA. Its all really just a formality, not like its really a big deal. even the courts dont usually treat it as if it is. Now when I called the judge a fukin dumbass that one time, that didnt go over very well I have to admit. :noidea:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIller was arrested this weekend for a failure to appear on a traffic citation in Centennial.

7NEWS - Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller arrested on outstanding traffic warrant - Broncos Story

Timing is kind of strange. The warrant was issued in January, it's not like they did not know where to find him.

This could impact his suspension hearing tomorrow. Arapahoe County DA must be a Patriots or Ravens Fan.

The coppers cant come to your house and arrest you on a bench warrant believe it or not. The only way they can arrest you for that is if you are stopped for something else..If they see you driving though they will lie and say they stopped you for speeding like they did to me :rollseyes: then they will of course find the warrant and take you in.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kwityerwhinin, sounds like you made some not so wise choices. You might appreciate this story. My cousin got pulled over, he was ticketed for not wearing seatbelt. It was a $10 ticket. He forgot to pay it and got a warrant for his arrest. He and a friend were picked up after his friend was pulled over for DUI and they were minors, so minor in possession by consumption. His $10 ticket turned into a $250 fine. They felt bad for him so they dropped the minor in possession. He enjoyed his arrest because as he put it the officer was hot.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kwityerwhinin, sounds like you made some not so wise choices. You might appreciate this story. My cousin got pulled over, he was ticketed for not wearing seatbelt. It was a $10 ticket. He forgot to pay it and got a warrant for his arrest. He and a friend were picked up after his friend was pulled over for DUI and they were minors, so minor in possession by consumption. His $10 ticket turned into a $250 fine. They felt bad for him so they dropped the minor in possession. He enjoyed his arrest because as he put it the officer was hot.

haha...that is a great story..and keeping in mind, I was A LOT younger when i was crazy like that...plus I had been in a pretty bad mood back then for about 5 years I guess. Me and the po po had a lot of really bad run ins

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha...that is a great story..and keeping in mind, I was A LOT younger when i was crazy like that...plus I had been in a pretty bad mood back then for about 5 years I guess. Me and the po po had a lot of really bad run ins

I hate to say it, but me too. Before I left Colorado I got arrested a few times before I even turned 21. I moved to Orlando to get away from "the boys", but that didn't work out so well either. I was also alot younger and foolish back then. I can't even imagine going to jail anymore though. I was a little arrogant shit back in those days. Still follows me around too, so just remember that kiddies. Some stuff never goes away.