• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller facing possible 4 game suspension

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny part is even back on CBS when li'l hoodie drafted Tebow i remember the Eunuch(masteragain) even screaming "oh nooooo"...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess i must've missed this. how long is his suspension supposed to be...?

4 games at the moment. My guess is since this would be his first time being suspended he could get it reduced down to say 2 games pretty easily.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a disaster!! Dumervil gone, Miller down in disgrace because he's a CHEATER, and the players on offense have less confidence in Manning after the way he folded in the cold weather playoff game. I pray I'm wrong, but this is shaping up to be a very disappointing season. I can't see any more than 8 wins. The only positive about a bad season is it would probably get rid of our problem of Elway running the team. Wonder why all these bad things are happening? KARMA. Horseface is paying for the mistake of replacing Tebow with an old broken down QB. We need to get this women out of here and get someone that knows how to run a team. Now if I'm wrong and we have a good season, I'll be happy and will be the first to admit I was wrong. I'm a diehard fan and can't bring myself to root against the team! God Bless real American's that work hard for a living...

Okay, I'll bite. I am interested in hearing the logic this guy uses to justify a prediction of at best 8 wins. I want to hear his argument how Manning is broken after having the second best season of his career last year. I want to hear his response when he finds out Miller is facing suspension on weed and not PEDs. (Just to give you a heads up Tebowner, weed has the opposite of performance enhancing qualities.

I really want to hear how if we still had Tebow and his lame duck passes we would have won the SB 20 times already and how Jesus would have personally caught the game winning TD. It baffles me how the Tebow faithful believe the guy is a QB. He was good in college, this is the big boy league. Everyone is faster, stronger, and smarter.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos ready to put trying offseason behind them in training camp - The Denver Post

This is an interesting article by Klis basically saying that Von could be getting suspended due to a missed sample vice a positive sample. Though I could have sworn it was reported that it was a positive for marijuana and ecstasy was why.
Well a lot of what's reported these days is rumor, so hard to tell if that's the case unless it's independently verified (an art the media seems to have forgotten). Will be interesting to watch what comes of this.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a lot of what's reported these days is rumor, so hard to tell if that's the case unless it's independently verified (an art the media seems to have forgotten). Will be interesting to watch what comes of this.

My guess is he is suspended but only for 2 games. The NFL will not want this hanging over their heads and will offer up a deal to Miller to take it down to 2 games. Usually first time of being Suspended they show a bit of leniency.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A missed sample is a lot different from testing positive. There could be potential that this whole thing gets overturned. Especially since this instance happened in 2011, from what I have heard.

Like others have said, even if he is gone for the full four games (which I doubt, probably 2, if anything) we play the ravens, giants, eagles, and raiders; three of the games are at home. I don't see us dropping more than two of those. If we were playing the packers, 49ers, and texans I might be a little more worried. As it stands now I think the teams we are playing are beatable, not easy, but doable.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos ready to put trying offseason behind them in training camp - The Denver Post

This is an interesting article by Klis basically saying that Von could be getting suspended due to a missed sample vice a positive sample. Though I could have sworn it was reported that it was a positive for marijuana and ecstasy was why.

Ok, I am straightened out now, the marijuana and ecstasy was from the original unnamed source that caused the flap and the disclosure that should have not happened. Also as a note, Klis speculates that the amphetamine positive from his rookie year was due to his asthma and was not considered as a PED and why Von was not immediately suspended then. Though, the note worthy thing there is if Von has asthma, wtf is he doing smoking anything?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he is suspended but only for 2 games. The NFL will not want this hanging over their heads and will offer up a deal to Miller to take it down to 2 games. Usually first time of being Suspended they show a bit of leniency.

i'm guessing you guys open up with the Ravens considering all the posts i'm seeing from their fans over here...:lol:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A missed sample is a lot different from testing positive. There could be potential that this whole thing gets overturned. Especially since this instance happened in 2011, from what I have heard.

Like others have said, even if he is gone for the full four games (which I doubt, probably 2, if anything) we play the ravens, giants, eagles, and raiders; three of the games are at home. I don't see us dropping more than two of those. If we were playing the packers, 49ers, and texans I might be a little more worried. As it stands now I think the teams we are playing are beatable, not easy, but doable.

Another wrench in this works also is the "leaked info" if it is from the NFL FO, they will have egg on their face and the NFLPA will probably do their best to exploit that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm guessing you guys open up with the Ravens considering all the posts i'm seeing from their fans over here...:lol:
Haha yeah it should be a fun first game. Definitely ready to get to the games. A whole off season of Ravens fans bragging about how awesome their team is makes for a very long summer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like the Von Miller case is getting a little murkier. Peter King reported today that the case has some "Extenuating Circumstances" involved within it. The guess is he actually did not test positive for drugs but that he violated one of the rules of being a part of the intervention program like missing a drug screening, counseling session, or a number of other things. Doesn't mean he will win his appeal but definitely would feel a lot better if I knew he actually did not test positive for drugs again.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like the Von Miller case is getting a little murkier. Peter King reported today that the case has some "Extenuating Circumstances" involved within it. The guess is he actually did not test positive for drugs but that he violated one of the rules of being a part of the intervention program like missing a drug screening, counseling session, or a number of other things. Doesn't mean he will win his appeal but definitely would feel a lot better if I knew he actually did not test positive for drugs again.

No, but if that is the case (I just got done reading the same article and was coming over here to comment), it is more likely the suspension could be reduced and as I said before, if it was a NFL FO person that leaked the info in the first place, it could get even uglier (ie...if Miller loses the appeal and it is found that this did occur, it could be taken out of the Ginger Hammer's hands).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but if that is the case (I just got done reading the same article and was coming over here to comment), it is more likely the suspension could be reduced and as I said before, if it was a NFL FO person that leaked the info in the first place, it could get even uglier (ie...if Miller loses the appeal and it is found that this did occur, it could be taken out of the Ginger Hammer's hands).

Yeah I have thought from the beginning that most likely it is not that he wins his appeal but that he gets it reduced. The NFL with how this information was leaked is really getting some egg on their face about this from the NFLPA. My guess is they will try and do some kind of peace offering to show they understand how big of a grievance this is against a player.

Only true way I see this completely being dropped is if there is some kind of sign of tampering with the urine sample. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. If so I would bet this gets resolved before his actual appeal.