• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller facing possible 4 game suspension

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid doesn't even begin to describe this. Part of me kind of hopes he is suspended so maybe he'd learn a lesson.

The good news is, at least it isn't something really devastating like an injury. Honestly I think the Broncos could very realistically go 3-1 the first 4 games even without Von, and even if they are worse, the division still isn't very good and they'll still have most of the season to make up any lost ground.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness though...I hope he isn't suspended.

I'm with you on that, but it's pretty much inevitable. Once these things surface they rarely go in favor of the player appeal. They don't reduce the suspensions for these types of things either as far as I know.

I guess all we can do (if this turns out to be true) is hope that he learns his lesson.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von tweeted, "I know I did nothing wrong. I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly.
If the league has hot urine from players who say this kind of crap then why do they say it?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von tweeted, "I know I did nothing wrong. I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly.

If the league has hot urine from players who say this kind of crap then why do they say it?

Well it is one of those innocent until proven guilty kind of things. Players have won appeals in the past. Yes more times than not they don't but usually when it is a high profile player the Players Union fights just a little harder like last year with Sherman as they do not want the players' image to be tarnished and give a leg up to the NFL.

BroncoKnight33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is certainly disturbing. I am concerned about a few things here. Not the least of which is Shaun Philips being the guy to shoulder the burden of getting the production of Dumervil AND Von Miller.

Lets face it, this is going to hurt, and now there will be significantly more pressure on the offense to score.

The one thing that I am looking forward to is Sylvester and how he produces. I think it was a very good pick. Derek Wolfe should make an improvement. At least I would think.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BroncosKnight,

Probably will not hurt too much in terms of the whole season. It is 4 games and we can probably win at least 2 without Von. Depending on how great the offense is it is possible to win all 4 without him. (First games are Ravens, Giants, Eagles, Raiders and 3 of them are at home) I do agree that we need people not named Von Miller to pressure some QBs.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is certainly disturbing. I am concerned about a few things here. Not the least of which is Shaun Philips being the guy to shoulder the burden of getting the production of Dumervil AND Von Miller.

Lets face it, this is going to hurt, and now there will be significantly more pressure on the offense to score.

The one thing that I am looking forward to is Sylvester and how he produces. I think it was a very good pick. Derek Wolfe should make an improvement. At least I would think.

It will have an impact if he is indeed suspended. However, I don't think the pressure to score will be quite as high as you think.

1) Shaun Phillips should be able to cover the position in Miller's absence. His production, while not Miller's, is at least comparable to what we got from Dumervil.

2) Wolfe is coming in after a decent rookie year. I expect to see an uptick in production from last season's 6 sacks. I think opposing lines will still underestimate this kid.

3) Williams should also contribute right away. Could give us a repeat of Wolfe's production at least. And if Elway's right about him.....LOOK OUT!

I think we will have enough pieces to keep opposing offenses honest. Our pass rush will take a hit, but I expect it to still have teeth. Plus, we have better TE coverage now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Walker and maybe a guy like Q.Smith will be a nice surprise during pre-season and help in the pass rush dept. If Von gets suspended I think they`ll be ok especially with a offense thats supposed to light up the score board. Instead of some 30-14 win games, they might be a bit closer. I exspect during 4 gm span and with 3 of 4 at home, Denver should be 3-1 at worst.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Walker and maybe a guy like Q.Smith will be a nice surprise during pre-season and help in the pass rush dept. If Von gets suspended I think they`ll be ok especially with a offense thats supposed to light up the score board. Instead of some 30-14 win games, they might be a bit closer. I exspect during 4 gm span and with 3 of 4 at home, Denver should be 3-1 at worst.

I honestly wouldn't mind if he is suspended at this point. The team plays some easier teams to start off with and 3 of the 4 are at home giving a little more of an advantage. I think the defense will be itching to show that they are more than just Dumervil and Miller and some of our young guys will get a chance to show they can produce as well.

Throw in if this truly is an issue with Von Miller then maybe this is the wake up call he needs. NO longer will he be the golden boy in Denver and will have to earn the respect and love of fans back. Throw in then that is 4 games less of wear and tear on his body.

Obviously this situation is not ideal for the Broncos but they can survive a loss like this at least for the short term.

Also remember other than New Orleans in 2009 the last I think 6 or 7 Superbowl Champs have not been number 1 seeds come playoff time. For some reason actually getting that 3 or 4 seed seems to work out better for teams. The week off I think actually ruins any kind of momentum. Not saying I don't want the Broncos to get the number 1 seed this year just saying it isn't the end of the world if they don't.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't mind if he is suspended at this point. The team plays some easier teams to start off with and 3 of the 4 are at home giving a little more of an advantage. I think the defense will be itching to show that they are more than just Dumervil and Miller and some of our young guys will get a chance to show they can produce as well.

Throw in if this truly is an issue with Von Miller then maybe this is the wake up call he needs. NO longer will he be the golden boy in Denver and will have to earn the respect and love of fans back. Throw in then that is 4 games less of wear and tear on his body.

Obviously this situation is not ideal for the Broncos but they can survive a loss like this at least for the short term.

Also remember other than New Orleans in 2009 the last I think 6 or 7 Superbowl Champs have not been number 1 seeds come playoff time. For some reason actually getting that 3 or 4 seed seems to work out better for teams. The week off I think actually ruins any kind of momentum. Not saying I don't want the Broncos to get the number 1 seed this year just saying it isn't the end of the world if they don't.

Some good points. I particularly think that the parts about the opportunity for others to step and the four fewer games played by Miller (if he is in fact suspended) could be valuable.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that 3 out of the 4 at home can be a bit of a double edged sword. Meaning, they will be needing to take advantage of that.

It is always hard if not impossible to tell which teams will be good and which won't. There are always surprise teams, and the way I look at it, even the Browns could be a totally different team.

It is only 4 games, but it is very disappointing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 3 out of the 4 at home can be a bit of a double edged sword. Meaning, they will be needing to take advantage of that.

It is always hard if not impossible to tell which teams will be good and which won't. There are always surprise teams, and the way I look at it, even the Browns could be a totally different team.

It is only 4 games, but it is very disappointing.

I definitely agree with that. I guess I look at it as the home crowd gives the best help to the defense not the offense with the crowd noise so it should help our defense at least a little. The defense also I think has enough talent with some of the young guns and a pretty decent looking secondary to at least hold teams enough for our offense to do enough damage. Throw in the home crowd will allow for the offense to function the hurry up offense to its best ability so the offense should score a few more points at home compared to on the road.

We might not be blowing teams out like we possibly could with Von Miller but I do expect that against those 4 teams our offense should put up around 30 points.

Definitely not having Von Miller is crippling to this team but it is not a complete down for the count blow. I think if our offense plays like they should they can at least extend drives enough to keep the defense fresh. I guess I also trust Del Rio more than some to be creative to find ways to survive the first 4 games without Von.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a disaster!! Dumervil gone, Miller down in disgrace because he's a CHEATER, and the players on offense have less confidence in Manning after the way he folded in the cold weather playoff game. I pray I'm wrong, but this is shaping up to be a very disappointing season. I can't see any more than 8 wins. The only positive about a bad season is it would probably get rid of our problem of Elway running the team. Wonder why all these bad things are happening? KARMA. Horseface is paying for the mistake of replacing Tebow with an old broken down QB. We need to get this women out of here and get someone that knows how to run a team. Now if I'm wrong and we have a good season, I'll be happy and will be the first to admit I was wrong. I'm a diehard fan and can't bring myself to root against the team! God Bless real American's that work hard for a living...

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need any phony Denver "fans" on this site. Take the Tebow circus to the Patriots forum. We're done with a "QB" who's only real skill is running for his life.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fan that would probably make Tebow himself shake his head and wonder why.........lol