• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech to the B1G is VERY in play

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't ALL 12 of the ACC presidents just vote unanimously on the 20 million dollar exit fee? If you had some question about whether or not you were going to remain in the conference would you vote to pay 20 mill to get out?
Sounds to me like the ACC is solid and everyone is staying put. Just a lot of chatter (rumor) out there right now until these expansions settle down.

Pretty simple really,

If you know you the vote is going to go a specific direction (toward the increase), why vote against it and annoy your potential conference members. The Techs were not goongto vote against it just for the sake of it. VT and GT are in this together, much like Cuse and Pitt were.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, dammit, I need to know what's going on where I have to come to the VT board to hear a rumor that GT is even remotely being considered for the B1G.

I would love to join VT as a package deal. Say what you want, the B1G is absolutely stable, at least as much as the SEC. And even though I am an optimist and try to put a good face on how things just went down, I admit a little anger that we haven't added any football power. Half the teams in the ACC can beat Pitt and Cuse. I would be a lot happier to add WVU, I don't care what their academics are. Somehow, they are still winners.

I think it would really help our recruiting being the southernmost team. Just don't expect us to travel well.

I love B1G football, and am far more likely to watch those games than, say, anything west of the Mississippi.

46, I need details.

See you guys in November.

Last edited by a moderator:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would serve those cheating whores at UNC right. I am tired of the clock always having problems against us in Chapel Hill and the refs doing all they can to screw us.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say 75/25 we both stay in ACC but a jump to the B1G would be fun.

As unsaid earlier, I am going to love that first Pitt-UNC GAME. Have you ever seen Pitt play basketball? They black eyes and break ribs. It will be fun to see those spoiled blue blood brats get beat up.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so here is the update. Per my source in B1G, if Twxas announces that they are headed to the Pac 12 tomorrow, which is expected, or if Oklahoma and OkSt dothe same, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and one other team are the targets. Let's wait and see how tomorrow plays out and as always, as I hear stuff, I will post it!

Cheers and goodnight. I hope you like the ride. If not just tell me to shut up!

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so here is the update. Per my source in B1G, if Twxas announces that they are headed to the Pac 12 tomorrow, which is expected, or if Oklahoma and OkSt dothe same, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and one other team are the targets. Let's wait and see how tomorrow plays out and as always, as I hear stuff, I will post it!

Cheers and goodnight. I hope you like the ride. If not just tell me to shut up!

I freaking LOVE it! Let's go!!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it goes down pro wrestling style where we KO Swofford with a chair and rip off our ACC shirt to reveal a black and white B1G shirt.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it looks like VaTech will stay in the ACC...would be cool to have them in the B1G though

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week seems like it's going to be very interesting. Pac-12 likely to go to 16, and ACC seems determined to go to 16. If this B1G talk actually comes to life, then it's going to get even more wild. My seat belt is on.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that Weaver, Steger and Beamer do what is best for the program. I still say it is 75/25 we stay ACC and could live with that, but a lot will happen after the meetings in Norman and Austin today.

I don't expect the B1G to just settle for the scraps...

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting. Basically VT throwing a big "fuck you" to its fans?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would hate to lose VT/GT in any combo. As much as I dislike GT (my hatred is only reserved for three very special teams) come football season, Clemson has already lost it's year in/year out rivalry with Jawja and I seriously doubt we would be able to keep both SCar and GT on the schedule every year.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way 46, are you getting excited for Clemson to come to Lane in a few weeks? The second half of the Auburn game was about the best I've seen us play in years :shocked:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting. Basically VT throwing a big "fuck you" to its fans?

A "fuck you" to Swofford and the tobacco road cabal...

Most if the fans that I run into think that the ACC expansion to 14 has done nothing but watered down an already watered down football conference and maze the road to the NCAA tourney much harder. They want out. There is very lite love for the ACC amongst the Hokie faithful. Some people had concern about the acDemic reputation if we left forthe SEC, but that is not a concern at all with the B1G.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way 46, are you getting excited for Clemson to come to Lane in a few weeks? The second half of the Auburn game was about the best I've seen us play in years :shocked:

Fuck yes!

You all needto beat FSU this weekend and maybe we can even get Gameday to come to town. Unfortunately, I am not going, as I am going to the Miami game the next weekend but it will be fun to watch. You all were impressive on Saturday.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this GT/VT thing went down, I wonder how the SEC would react to try keeping B1G out of the south. If they think it might turn into a recruiting threat, it would be funny if they extended an invite to GT to balance put aTm. LOL! Just wishful thinking, although I am not necessarily enthused about being in the SEC. Still, food for thought on a direction it could take.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sorry...but not a lot.

I have a difficult time keeping up with teams and conferences for whom I have little, if any, interest. I personally don't give a crap where anyone goes or stays as long as it doesn't affect Tech in a detrimental way.

I keep up with the ACC for obvious reasons, and the SEC because I live in north-central Alabama, basically the geographic middle of SEC country.